Divine Protector is the worst thing about this game

Ah, yeah, you are right again. I was thinking you were telling me that I over-estimated, not under-estimated.

Thanks. I have to go to bed now. Some other silly sod can keep correcting this daftnessā€¦

2 Likes

The worst thing about this game is Dragonā€™s Eye, period.

3 Likes

Muted :slight_smile:

There it is.

2 Likes

This weapon was the only thing that needed a Nerf to fix the divine meta. Instead we got 3 great troops nerfed that now affects multiple teams. Good job devs. Your buff to x6 ratio was what caused the problem in the first place.

1 Like

I canā€™t believe everyone still complaining over divines. I have already seen the meta shift and it only seems like players want these troops nerfed. Or else we wouldnā€™t see a majority of the players setting the same teams.

2 Likes

Divine is still my main PVP team because even after the nerfs, its still fast and still wins. Works great with non-dvine hero that has 50% start mana too if you need to level up.

1 Like

Has the meta shifted? I have not seen any new team top Divines for ā€œmost deadly enemyā€. I think the only new remotely strong team Iā€™ve seen so far is the greed/bronzelock/bonnie/cedric team that popped up recently, but that one is trivial to defeat; It takes 3-5 rounds to set up and get Bonnieā€™s damage up to one shot levels, and if you silence Bonnie and/or the hero the team is dead in the water. Summon spam teams from some of the delve weapons are annoying to fight, but only because they take longer to kill and not because they are at all dangerous.

Divine protector though? You basically need to bring an empowered orb changer, PRAY that the game sets you up with a board that is favorable enough to fill a silencing troop, and then silence the Hero on turn one. Which will give you all of just one or two extra turns to permanently deal with it because the divine hero can self-cleanse with 4 matches, and the other divine allies are still just one or two matches away from casting anyway.

You must not be playing on ps4 then.

What team do you believe is dominating the Meta on PS4?

Iā€™m not even going to bring it up. I see enough of it already. Titan. Enough said.

Iā€™m sure it will catch on and you will see it soon as well

Iā€™m curious what level you are. No one I know has problems with divine teams or the divine protector weapon after the various nerfs. I also donā€™t see the team as often since the change to PVP matchmaking.

2 Likes

Titan feels powerful because it shakes the screen a lot which makes it feel like itā€™s doing a lot more than it actually is. Plus the AI is insanely lucky compared to the player just in general. You can counter the Titan though with a troop that removes or changes yellow gems, thus limiting the ability for the AI to create explosions and get chained 4-matches.

I am lvl 1094 right now.

Tai-Guai is starting to take over the X1 meta and while its not that threatening in PvP under most circumstances, it pretty much negates the use of Mountain Crusher/Titan. Im allowed to be disappointed at how uncreative some people are though, right?

Tai-Guai is intense if you let it catch you off guard; it certainly wiped the floor with me the first time I saw it because I didnā€™t remember what Tai Pan did. Counter with Spirit Fox, and then focus on killing Yao Guai first. tai Pan likely wonā€™t get back up to 12 mana since it only gets one mana source exclusively (Yao Guai takes up the green mana source).

The OP has posted ā€œWrongs Darker Than Death or Nightā€. @Lyya touched on it, unfortunately Iā€™ve got matches to finish tonight for the Class Event. Iā€™ll post more tomorrow.

Anyone that gets the reference will get an upvote :grin:.

Just my opinion, but I think the weapon , itself is fine. Even in a full Divine team, Gem Spawner weapons are always a gamble, especially multi-color ones, because one color can ā€œoverwriteā€ the other. Iā€™ve casted DP only to see a board filled with 4 and 5 packs of Red and Yellow that I just gave to the AI.

There maybe problems with specific Divine troops, and maybe even Divines, as a whole. But, the weapon for it is fine. The only reason we are having this conversation is because itā€™s a weapon for Divines. If it was for Undeads, no one would care. That should tell you something right there. I guarantee you if Mythics like Infernus and such werenā€™t Divine, everyone would think DP is great and fine as is.

Thereā€™s nothing wrong with the weapon. Its the fact that so many Mythics are Divine and a lot of those Mythics are super powerful. Such is this game though. Some stuff will always be more powerful than other stuff. Something will always be ā€œthe metaā€, itā€™s just how it is.

Personally, Iā€™m okay with it though. Could be better. Could be worse. I donā€™t even use the Divine Meta teams (Outside of Dungeons or in Explore/For Tasks), myself. Nothing new though. I rarely ā€œfollow the packā€ when it comes to the game. But, thatā€™s just me.

You really canā€™t remove the weapon from itā€™s context when evaluating how overpowered it is. For instance, not only is it geared towards divines, which contain the most powerful troops in the game, but the most powerful divines in the game; Uba, Infernus, and Ishbaala benefit directly from yellow drops, and both Uba and Infernus benefit from red drops.

These three most powerful divines working together is only held back by the single ā€œFlawā€ that they have very high levels of mana redundancy between them. Itā€™s not much of a flaw, given that they start with almost half mana, but it is literally the only thing holding their teamup down, and DP cures it by being able to instantly fill all three of them in a single cast, and having no mana redundance with any of them itā€™s self. Itā€™s like the weapon was specially hand crafted for the express purpose of creating this specific overpowered team.

Everything you said has nothing to do with the weapon itself. Not really. Only reason itā€™s so ā€œgoodā€ is because Infernus and such take those colors and because they have such a powerful spell and are Divine.

If things like Infernus took no Red or Yellow or wasnā€™t Divine, people wouldnā€™t give DP a second thought. It would just be another dual color creator weapon like all the rest. The problem doesnā€™t really lie with the weapon, it lies with the Divine troops. That there are so many and that they are powerful.

If you want change, only 3 ways would really do anything:

1. Change the color DP makes
  2. Change the color troops like Infernus take
  3. Make it so there arenā€™t as many powerful Divine troops. For example, make Infernus only Elemental.

Basically, what Iā€™m saying is, at its core, the weapon is not the issue, itā€™s the troops around it. DP follows the same idea as the rest of other weapons like it, and no one is pleading to nerf them. Its because noting is wrong with them and nothing is wrong with DP (as far as how it works).

As I said before, if DP was a weapon for Undeads instead of Divines, we wouldnā€™t even be having this conversation. The ā€œbeefā€ people have here really has nothing to do with DP, and has very little to do with Ishbaala (all the other 50% mana starts are just fine), it has to do with troops like Infernus. Only way to make those troops less of a threat is to either make their spells less deadly, have them not be Divine, or change the colors they take so they do work as well with DP. You could change DPā€™s color instead I suppose, but having a Divine weapon like that, that doesnā€™t at least create Yellow, would be kind of stupid and useless.