Dev Q & A (3.5 Update, Monday 2/7/18)

I’m working on that big chunk of data right now.

I’m up to 1,300 tributes now but I’m waiting to get to 1,500 and i’ll post my results again in the thread we’ve been discussing the previous results in :slight_smile:

Cheers
Calvin

4 Likes

Can we have new dollar packs in the Shop with only inside Pet Foods or Ingots?

2 Likes

Not sure if it was already mentioned, but can you change how the yellow class exp bar works on the main map screen?

Currently the amount the bar is filled is based on the level of the class. This is quite pointless at it says the number right above it.

Would make a lot more sense to make yellow bar fill up based on how much progress has been made on the current level. Something like 20/80 exp currently shows a yellow exp bar that is 3/4 filled because it shows the level rather than the actual exp.

It currently takes 6 clicks to check the amount of exp on a hero class, yet it can easily be implemented with 0 clicks on the map screen. To check it currently, a player has to click on Hero, click on Class, click on the class they want to check exp on even if it is already set, and then click on Class Info. On top of that, the player THEN has to click back twice to get back to the map screen. It wastes around 10 seconds every time a player wants to check their exp to see how close they are to achieving next level.

18 Likes

Now that classes were improved by talents (still needing some refinements and adjusts on this matter) will the class weapons be looked at and improved?

When we level up we need to choose between 2 color, why not make them all available?

1 Like

Follow-up question:

What percentage of players in the game have a lopsided/uneven distribution? Why do we even need to make a choice at all?

1 Like

I know it been asked before but never had an answer i think

Why can’t we get 2 separate battle log for PVP and GW? Or at least different color?

2 Likes

Any plans to bring the game on switch ( and be compatible with PC/mobile)?

1 Like

Are you guys gonna give rewards for the top 100 ppl on the leader board for pvp like you do for raid and invasion and bounty?

Not sure if i understand well but top 1000 already get rewards

As long as you choose to even out your mastery the best you can, at multiple points in the level up process it evens out to a flat base line. At lv 1500 (at lv 1501 you stop getting masteries), everything can be equal except one mastery will have an extra point.

If someone intentionally decides to put extra points into the same color for a hundred+ points, then it doesn’t.

I already did that pun for @leakay’s custom title :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Alright team! Questions wrangling is done. I’ll be posting the list of questions I’ll be asking Sirrian and Nimhain later today.

6 Likes

OK Salty I hope to hear their answers to everything asked here

So without further ado, here is our rough schedule for the Q and A!

We will be covering all the new feature implemented in 3.5.

First we will talk about the development process behind hero classes, and our upcoming plans.

Then we will speak on weapons and answer many of your questions. We will cover ingots, what our plans are with ingots and whether we will be adding them to VIP chests or legendary tasks. We will also be talking about what we plan to do with older weapons, and how we would like to make them available again in the future.

After that we will tackle the kingdom power rework and why we felt it was necessary to revamp.

If you are lucky we will give away some 3.6 spoilers! Oooh! (We have some announcement I think you will be very happy about…) When we do this we will also discuss some lore questions posed earlier.

At the end of our stream we will open the floor for 10-15 minutes for a question free for all! Please remember that we will not answer questions that we have in the past, or those that are excessively rude. Thank you! I cannot wait to see you there!

8 Likes

Can you change your mind and allow to have an update on your previous answers?
Because I want to know what happens of:

• new weapons/exclusive Mythic in the Soulforge
  • new GW troops
  • gem fee (patch 3.5 introduced new shortcuts which should be taken into account when answering)
1 Like

We will not be speaking on the gem fee further. Our stance hasn’t changed since we last answered the question.

At this point we don’t have any news re new GW troops. We will be addressing weapons in the stream.

The last “announcement” was the port to Amazon Kindle. So is this one about the port to Nintendo Switch? Reminder… I’m only happy it cross plays with PC/mobile. :grinning:

2 Likes

There is one thing that the Devs could do for newbies or those that want a simpler game, is for them to open up a server that had the original Gems of War games for them to play on.

You know from 3 years ago with about a dozen kingdoms, no upgrade of the troops, 1 key for 1000 gold for 3 troops, and PvP using gold to change opponents.

The way this game was like when it was first released. No character classes, no weapon updates, no soulforge, no pets, etc. Just the basic game.

3 Likes

That actually might be a really interesting model, to have many of the updates be unlockable content. I doubt you could have a different UI, but a lot of other stuff could be unlockable…and to take a lot more time/effort than the token unlocking today.

1 Like