Dev Q & A (3.5 Update, Monday 2/7/18)

dd/mm/yyyy is used in most of the world, including Australia.

8 Likes

I can confirm that having fun with you all on Stream is immensely enjoyable for us. Please send us some fun stuff mixed in with the more serious nitty gritty.

6 Likes

Any plan to add a trait like ā€˜ā€˜all daemon start battle with 50% manaā€™ā€™ in future?:grinning:i think daemon need more love from devs.

7 Likes

I think if they made that trait for daemon types, well, there would probably be hell to pay. Gorg, Psion, Fam and that troop? Demons have a lot of mana drain and status effects. It may not be the best thing to make another annoying meta worse again.

1 Like

Is any plan to rework system gold and pvp points in game?
Many times being asked in the past but not really a answer. We assume High level players in Guild that get bonus of finishing statues get less. That is intended? No much sense in work and get higher level and do more things organizated and the reward is that you are going to win less gold and pvp points than a -1000 level player , unguildness or in a guild without bonus. Really incredible.
It suposed in every game that the effort will be rewarded but in this one is just the opposite for years.

Any plan to reduce dificulty in pet rescue or increase the chance of drop pets?
Is not my personal question. Mostly of new players canĀ“t finish 8 stage, and normally dont get a pet but they take them a lot of time to win for nothing, just some food to none pet.

If the new kingdom, everybody knows who is, appear. Is going to have the same number of troops?
It has already 4 base mythic rarity, is going to be overpowered to others i guess. I mean That for example in a Raid Boss week we can use four base rarity troops for that kingdom already. Hey I will love to play with the 4 at the same time probably, but maybe is so much powerful in comparison to others.

:muscle::sweat_smile::sweat_smile::laughing::grinning::1st_place_medal:

1 Like

I only just got over my extreme Famine hatred please donā€™t bring it back.

If the answer to that question is yes then I have a question for the devs. Will Famine get nerfed soon?

If youā€™re struggling with Famine still (outside of GW) then Iā€™m confused. Mana Shield and High Ancestry have nerfed Mana drainers enough that there should never be a need for further nerfs.

3 Likes

I have no issue with Famine now but if he started with half mana along with Psion that make the Psion/Famine team super annoying again. Thatā€™s why I said if the answer was yes to a fast Famine will he be nerfed.

Will we eventually have some troops with options on their spells?
For example:

Transcription:
"All allies gain Barrier, then choose a gem color between Red or Green:

• If you chose Green give all allies 22 Life and green allies are enchanted.
  • If you choose Red deal 22 damage to all enemies and dispel them."

Another question:

Will we get more ā€œinsect-peopleā€ like Desert Mantis?

Maybe some ā€œbee/wasp/ant-peopleā€ for a ā€œHive Kingdomā€ would be cool if correctly designed to make all troops work very well together and larvaes who can transform into the different troops of the kingdom, a legendary Hive/Brood Mother to spawn larvaes is obviously needed too.

3 Likes

Why were Ingots introduced when traitstones could have served the same purpose? Are there any plans on making Ingots craftable with traitstones?

8 Likes

If we use hero on defense and win in pvp can we get hero xp per fight? Maybe 1 point for a win towards the hero class.

1 Like

It wouldnā€™t though. Thereā€™s plenty of Troops that can counter them even if they start with half Mana.

PvP right now is plagued with Divine troops. Itā€™s boring. The solution for the Meta divine is not to nerf troops. But to make a majority of the other troops more powerful.

Every type (besides goblins) should have a troop that gives the rest of the types half Mana. Just makes sense to balance things out. Gems of War: Divine Editionā€¦ Is quickly becoming played out.

1 Like

I have a question for the Devs about lore.

Are the human kingdoms (Whitehelm, Adana, Swordā€™s Edge) at peace with each other? Do they mostly trade with the other kingdoms or are there any that are completely isolated or they are at war with? Do they co-operate politically (e.g. joint foreign policy when it comes to neighbouring Zaejin and Ghulvania)?

11 Likes

Are we sure this is only a visual bug??

Screenshot_8

pre 3.5 i was getting 200+ glory from tributes on a regular basis. sometimes more. now its mostly in the 100s or lower. i have collected enough tributes to know something is not right.

4 Likes

Can we get six unique slot teams for GW defense so we can free 6 slots from our normal list in the future? Thanks!

7 Likes

Are you going to be changing or scaling back kingdoms under 5 stars so that lower level players might actually be able to complete them

Iā€™m seeing something similar - number of kingdoms is about the same as before, but glory numbers are significantly lower. Maybe this was a problem that was fixed?

2 Likes

Considering thereā€™s more 9 star Kingdoms after 3.5 rather than before it. All the numbers should be increasd from tributes right?
I read at least 50 staments on how they werenā€™t going to nerf tributes with 3.5 and yet here we areā€¦
Maybe legendary tasks still have gems and itā€™s just a visual bug that we donā€™t see them?

2 Likes

What are your plans on making the older weapons to be obtainable

2 Likes

As we regulars well know, mostly gut feel about RNG/reward inconsistency is wrong, but sometimes it turns out to be right.

If you want to collect a decent amount of data, there are plenty of forum regulars whoā€™d do the analysis on it.

For now, Iā€™ll just point you to the most recent good analysis thread on tribute, where an average of around ~138 glory per tribute was calculated from 701 tributes.

The overall tribute probability for an end-gamer hasnā€™t changed much in the last few months, so it sounds like your memories of many tributes with over 200 glory were a luckier patch and now youā€™re suffering an average to slightly unlucky patch of luck.

Nevertheless, Iā€™d be happy to be proven wrong (or right) by a large chunk of data. :slight_smile:

1 Like