Dev Q & A (3.5 Update, Monday 2/7/18)

Will the battle log be looked at because it’s all over the place as far as accuracy. Not a big deal but something is not right with it.

The reason i think i heared in the vid was… it too many screens for us to go through? is that right??

i would go through 10 screens to save 50 gems.

if thats the case i dont need a babysitter lol. if i choose to go through 50 screens every five min to change my hero class thats on me.

or maybe i heared the explanation wrong

But that’s what they chose to answer, they don’t commit to anything that may held them by their word, or be used against them in the future like promises or specific schedules…

If people feel like it, they can interrogate the devs about very specific and/or classified/secrets-of-the-trade things, but STILL they won’t answer. So for all that matters we could leave @UKresistance make all the questions he deems important and the devs would just go with one of the following:

• We don’t have plans for something like that_______. (yet may or may not be added in the end of this sentence.)
  • We can’t promise anything.
  • We can’t share the details.
  • We are collecting data before considering any change.

Just to be clear, i’m not even poking Ukresistance, but pointing out that his frustration is futile because it’s aimed at the wrong target when the devs choose to not answer as he/we expect or simply decide to IGNORE the questions.

And the stream is supposed to be fun as well, some sillyness is expected anyway to be entertaining AND enjoyable even for the devs.

3 Likes

Yeah that the consequence of a bad design…

You don’t need anymore as there is a shortcut directly when you are choosing your weapons :wink: .

1 Like

If THAT is the reason UK is mad at me then I don’t even know. Because I did ask that question in the last Q&A thread - not the stream! - just for fun in addition to asking two game-related questions and that even in an extra-post, in case Salty picked questions based on likes again or something. I also only “re-asked” that question because the devs had formerly said when that question was asked for the reddit Q&A that an answer would be prepared, so I didn’t even think this was something that would take any time, if it would be answered outside of the forums anyway. In fact, since I didn’t even watch the last stream, I didn’t even know that the question was being answered. :confused: (What was the answer, then, though? :stuck_out_tongue: )

So yeah, basically, what @Razzagor said (glad to have you back here!:blush:). I asked several questions, obviously not all of them with serious intent. If the chinchillas made it in and the other questions didn’t… I don’t even know.

And, most important point: Chinchillas are NOT bunnies, so UK really shouldn’t be mad at bunnies when he’s actually mad at chinchillas.:triumph::rabbit:

2 Likes

My question: In the past when asked about the possibility of allowing us to buy multiples packs of something, like Spoils of War, we were told that making something like this could cause issues. Why not simply add some new tab on these items with some pre-set amounts to buy just like we have with the chests?

A picture to make things clear:

You click on the Spoils of War, for example, and there is a popup/new window where you choose how many you want to buy. Can it be done to finally address this old QoL issue?

21 Likes

I don’t think people are taking the role-playing aspect of this game seriously enough, particularly when it comes to character classes. Can the ability to change classes be further restricted please? Like remove the ability to change classes entirely (this is a serious lifestyle decision - my character shouldn’t be able to just flit from class to class on a whim), or increase the gem cost to 1000 and only allow a free change once per month. If people want to try different classes, they should have to start a new game or make some serious sacrifices.

4 Likes

I don’t think he blames you nor do I. It’s just probably an example of how we sometimes get well vague answers when an honest “no because we have to do x or because of Y” would be an answer. Personally I wish all issues of that nature would be upfront good or bad so that the only things we need to ask would be fun questions. Lately though, this has been the only outlet for possible answers so obviously tensions are there like classes got buffed and changing classes got more vital, so that class fee looks way worse now. Maybe one day we can just chinchill out with relaxing questions only.

2 Likes

He could be equally mad at Centaurs after Nimhain spent about 10 minutes answering all my Centaur physiology questions a couple months ago (with answers from Sirrian). Sometimes, the devs just want to have some fun too.

4 Likes

So since it was centaurs, I guess it was 50% serious business and 50% horsing around.

14 Likes

It’s just like you to use puns to make yourself the centaur of attention.

7 Likes

Did you just call me an astral spirit?

5 Likes

8 Likes

Question/Suggestion:
Is there any plans to make content based on specific Toops? We could have a different quest line for each troop, even the common and rares.
I want to know more about the lore of the troops, kingdoms and the world itself. It would be fun to discover that someone as simple as the Mad Prophet has a curious past or a deep meaning for it´s kingdom lore.
Also, is there any chance for Animated Troops? (just cosmetic)

Thanks in advance. Will be watching the stream for sure!

3 Likes

2cv5vq

2 Likes

My question: Play Again Feature For Challenges (coming in 3.6!)

Are we ever going to get a next button for Challenges like what was added for Explores?

4 Likes

If I’m in the middle of a pet rescue and the event ends, it kicks me out of the game, on xbox. Is this changing in the next version?

1 Like

Why are the Hero classes severely limited to Only 7 total column types? Why not create a Race column (for each Hero Class) and use it where appropriately?. I.e. Warden (Beast), Dragonguard (Dragon), etc.

Underlying issue: Completely random race perks mixed in on every tree where it makes no sense gives dramatically fewer “real” options to the player when picking perks.

3 Likes

Are you planning to create more options in the Glory shop for players besides “Spoils of War” (and the weekly troop)?

4 Likes

Is 2/7/18 Australian for 7/2/18???

1 Like