Dev Q & A (3.5 Update, Monday 2/7/18)

How soon will old weapons be made available? when they are is it going to cost $4.99?

7 Likes

Timeline for new gnome types? What gnome types are you planning on releasing?

3 Likes

Would it be possible to add in the future Community Goals? Similar to the current weekly snotstone events but a goal for everybody to work together to complete.

2 Likes

Plans to address pervasive balance issues? Such as Ubastet’s kill-two-troops-for-11-mana power? Weapons with 24-gem creation for 7 mana?

If not can we please accelerate getting counters for them, and also getting equivalent speed and power into team builds for other types?

6 Likes

For @sirrian and @nimhain, what do you like most about how the game has evolved in 3.5 years? And what do you like least?

6 Likes

jpg
Have you not moved on yet…

I have a question too: Will some of the older weapons get some love?

5 Likes

I like your question on weapons.

Obviously we won’t move on from the Ubastet debate unless something changes. I don’t think that’s happened in the few days since I last posted on the subject. Seems a pretty legit point to get devs to answer given the number of threads appearing on the matter. You’ve never supported a nerf suggestion, whereas many other long-term voices here are raising the same concern.

4 Likes

Any plans to add a way to exchange not wanted orbs to a needed one in soulforge? 3+souls:1 ratio

3 Likes

Not a question I just wanted you to tell Sirrian and Nimhain that support is awesome. I submitted a ticket on the weekend for missing rewards and it’s already all sorted out.

4 Likes

dun dun dun dun dun dun …friends list? it wasnt removed from the game after like 2yrs of it saying coming soon on peoples profiles right?i dont remember that either xD

1 Like

Why (the hell) did we get weapon upgrades that spawn/destroy/explode singular or trios of random gems? We’ve all agreed that this just meddles with the board rather unnecessarily and is probably a net loss of board control.

More appropriately, can you get rid of them, please?

Same questions - about weapons with no magic scaling having upgrades that give magic?

11 Likes

Wasn’t really good enough then, certainly isn’t good enough now that we may really want to switch a few times a day depending on what we’re doing.

Sorry. Player advocate in me outweighs dev fanboy on this topic.

16 Likes

Will we ever get the ability to open 10 event keys at a time? I really don’t want to blow 50 at a time for 1 legendary when I have everything else in that kingdom at mythic already.

4 Likes

Can we get unique effects per weapon type based on hero class perks? Currently the 2-4 magic given to a specific weapon type via hero class perks are near useless due to their low impact and forced weapon selection.

There is a lot of possibility to make every type of weapon class perk unique and useful. Right now it seems like nearly every weapon time is exactly the same with the perks corresponding to them being the same small magic buff to all of them.

While not exact things to implement, an example of how these perks could be changed per hero class perk could be as follows. These would only work when using the specific mentioned weapon type AND have the perk on the hero active for the corresponding weapon type. They would activate on cast of hero weapon.

Artifact: 50% chance to gain 50% mana back
Axe: 10% chance to do 3x damage
Bow: 50% chance to do 10 more damage
Dagger: 5% chance to instant kill target(s)
Hammer: 25% chance to explode 5 gems
Jewelry: 25% chance to enchant all allies
Mace: 25% chance that the hit(s) do 50% damage to adjacent enemies
Missile: 20% chance to do 2x damage
Polearm: Hits through spell reduction and barrier
Scythe: +4 Magic per enemy kill
Shield: Increase magic of this cast by 10% of hero’s armor
Staff: +2 Magic per cast
Sword: +5 Magic
Tome: 25% chance to gain 100% mana back

12 Likes

Only counting the top 27 scores for GW will that still be happening? When a guild has to start a GW week down a player or 2 in higher brackets it’s pretty easy to drop brackets because of that.

5 Likes

The answer was that it was too cumbersome to change a class (see here for a summary).

But with patch 3.5, a shortcut was added at the Weapon screen so now we don’t need to leave the Team menu, go back on the map and then go to the Hero menu… We can directly change the class and then come back to the team.

So the reason for the fee is not there anymore :slight_smile: .

5 Likes

Any chance of ingots getting added to explore? Not everyone does PVP…

Ummm… what’s your issue with bunnies? :rabbit:
(Also honestly not sure if a joke or if this was meant as a side remark towards me, at which point I am unsure how to respond since I’ve not even attended a stream in a long time.)

6 Likes

Patch 3.5 has introduced weapon forging, which fundamentally changes behavior of almost all high-end weapons by adding random board modification to spells. Many players are strongly opposed to these “upgrades”, because they like their weapons to behave in a predictable way. Not upgrading weapons doesn’t seem to be an option, unlocking higher kingdom power levels essentially forces player to do it.

Are there any plans to replace the offending weapon upgrades with less invasive ones? Preferably Very Soon ™, while players haven’t yet reached the point of permanently breaking the toys they care about?

2 Likes

Are there any plans to address the disparity between the rarity of weapons (the vast majority are epic or upwards) and ingots (the vast majority are common or rare)?

As it stands now all common weapons in the game can be maxed out in a matter of days, while fully upgrading any legendary or mythic weapon will take months even for the most dedicated players…

1 Like

I think it was more how the devs will answer silly questions yet give some vague explanations on important issues and hot button topics. This is the rare chance to get answers and chinchilla based questions are really funny, there have been a few questions barely answered and many more swept under the rug. Bunnies are great, but we gotta push them to answer issues they ignore.

2 Likes