Design-a-Weapon! (Week 4: Spell Suggestions)

I think they posted something over on Twitter about the next part to it (voting) but i never saw it pop up here, @awryan.

2 Likes

I just found it

That is a shame that it was not posted here and closed now - it was missed by many

6 Likes

Well, that’s lame. :frowning_face: I can’t even see what the options were.

2 Likes

Whaaaaat? :anguished: :disappointed:

1 Like

Does someone know what were the options?

I give up. Make your weapon by yourselves, devs!

2 Likes

To be fair, had this whole “design a weapon” thing any sense at all?

It’s already know it’s gonna be an epic weapon, leaving aside ingots (tbh think main reason they made it epic, i got over 2k legs, over 1k myths and single digit epics lol), who even use any epic weapon nowaday for anything?

Dont even recall to have even eard anyone suggest one of those for any kind of event/stuff in my whole gow life (even those in forge that “theorically” can be good for gw doing x3 damage on x color are crap, tried use 1 and was the def with lowest wins of all i had).

For me that weapon will be just taken and putted in a corner without even bothering upgrade it (and being epic upgrades too wont be amazing anyway).

Holy Avenger is an epic weapon, and its Vorpal affix is actually pretty amazing-sounding. Alas, it only sounds amazing because it doesn’t trigger anywhere near 20%.

I don’t do social media. It does more harm than good.
I’m disgusted that week 5 was only available for Twitter followers. #WHYYisITsoHARDnotTOfrankTHINGSupLIKEthis?

3 Likes

When this weapon is released. I hope it’s advertised as Designed by the Twitter Community. Since you left your actual community in the dark about it.

7 Likes

Clearly it must have been only for the elite of elites, the utmost of intelligence in the GOW community, Twitter.
They are my least favorite council of birds.

Seriously though, this is ridiculous. I get that people can get drive by news through social media, but that in itself is the problem. Generally speaking, where else can you get detailed discussions, news, or tips on playing the game?

A discord or guild message chat is a small group, facebook is it’s own ridiculousness, and I still have my doubts with global, 4.3 or otherwise. I’m not saying you can’t post elsewhere, but I feel this forum should be the first place to look for anything GOW related.

7 Likes

Now it’s probably a stryx based weapon from suncrest for all we know.

1 Like

Well at least we know the weapon affix won’t be bugged. Salty’s birds would have at least covered that.

1 Like

Its probably just a yellow scythe that does aoe damage

We should protest on their twitter account that we hate twitter.

Well I don’t get it, the Affix on Salty’s keyboard says “100% chance to post on the forums”, so clearly she must have posted it to the forums.

(Maybe this is related? Support and community delays

I’m not quite sure what “Support and community” is or which team member stood too close to a plaguelord but it could be?)

Any news on this @Saltypatra @Cyrup @Kafka @Ozball ?

What were the options for spell voting we never got to see?
Which spell won?

7 Likes

Spell is called “Social Media” when you cast you have a 10% chance to lethally kill an opponent, 20% chance to silence all your opponents, 50% chance to to do 30 damage to all enemies and allies. Finally, 60% chance to alienate your own troops enough that they may run away.

Not sure how that’s all going to fit in one card. But we’ll see.

4 Likes

This is the most ridiculous spell I have ever had to read.
I hope they reconsider changing it to something simpler.

1 Like

It’s not the actual spell. My apologies for misleading you. I realize that text is the worst way to express sarcasm.

1 Like