Design-a-Troop Project - Temporarily Closed

Um, but, prizes are fun and good? You don’t want… free things? This confuses me.

No we want players participating only to create new troops. Not players semi-participating for free stuffs.
Only my point of view.

But one free copy of the troop could be nice :stuck_out_tongue: .

3 Likes

I’m with @turintuor - the aim of this exercise when @sirrian and I first came up with it was about getting engagement, debate and fun ideas - and troops appearing that the community could look at and think ‘I did that…’ I don’t think free stuff is necessary or helpful… maybe a free copy of said troop in the mail for everyone that contributes, or maybe just everyone… but certainly not prizes - making this a competition makes it open to friend-voting and other nonsense…

2 Likes

Wait until you see what we have planned, I think this will work better than what you are envisioning. I’m hoping that prizes will take the form of the card that is created.

1 Like

can we have that in forum.
i detest twitter, if all the troop creation will be handled through twitter/fb and not the official forum im going to be disappointed and not participate :unamused:

the best troop /trait ideas cant possibly fit in a parchment of toilet paper
unles you dont really want to collect/archivise them in any sort of order, just flush?

2 Likes

If I had to guess, I would say that @Saltypatra will be taking suggestions from ALL sources, FB/Twitter/Forums/etc, just as she did for the PS4 competition.

1 Like

This will be run on the forums. I’ll use social to get the word out, but it will be run here.

6 Likes

Can we get some spoilers like the base rarity?

I was hoping design by commitee where the community and not individuals create the cool new stuff.

1 Like

Can we know at least if it’s going to be a one-shot project or a periodic one (2/3 times by year)?
If it’s the second option, I hope we will have something like that (to keep somewhat the hype): 1st project, design a Common, 2nd a Rare, […], Xth project design a Mythic.

2 Likes

The community as a whole will be involved in the process.

I won’t be posting any further spoilers. :wink: I am very excited though!

6 Likes

You get too excited over everything…

Community create a kingdom instead.

Salpatristan, kingdom of the Gnomes

Color red, purple, blue

And yes, you are a Gnome now. Deal with it -.-

Why am I a gnome? I mean, I know I’m short.

I’m not ashamed about being excited. You can’t excited shame me. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I would say you look more like Ygritte with pink hairs :stuck_out_tongue:

One day Stonehammer and Yasmine had a bit too much to drink… then gnomes!