Delves: Strategies, tactics and tips

Only if you buy the last shop tier many, many times. Besides, if this applies to the Tuesday Delve event I can’t really see players with a job going all the way from zero to max level for such a pure faction team attempt. As far as I understood it your Daily Delve sigils don’t benefit from potions, even if it’s the same Delve.

3 Likes

You overestimate gem and time costs for reaching lvl500 during Tuesday delve event and underestimate players. Once I did that and with insane buffs from potions it will be much easier so I’m going to repeat that several times for 2500 faction renown.

Old factions can wait for the more long term solution that will come in about 10/12 years (like the one for old weapons) but defo x new faction events i for first welcome the potions (anyway idc about either leaderboards or zuul), every new faction completed on the weekend event, done.

As a relative newcomer to delves, I’ve decided that the best path forward for me is to not advance the delve level. At all. Sadly I already have a few factions at the 70-90 level, but from now on I’m not moving beyond 20 until I have them all at horde level 100 and quality 10. It simply isn’t worth the frustration.

And BECAUSE of that. We should all be able to make the same amount of gold from PvP.
Once again GoW…a new sink was added… But nothing was rebalanced to account for that sink.

You won’t do faction events then? Missing out the rewards?

What I’m doing right now is completing all the rooms up until the boss, then running away. I get a chest at the end with shards/ingots/etc and I get points for each fight which opens the stages on rewards. All without the ‘fun’ on par with banging my head against a spike laden wall.

You always start highest level?
I start middle level and do the boss room, often I leave out other rooms if the buffs sounds tedious.

Surprisingly, I still don’t think Potions are enough to clear Pure Faction 500. Say you buy Tier 7 10 times. Pricey as is, you would gain +70 to all stats. That’s a good amount of magic and attack buff, but that’s a pitiful amount of life and armor buff when the boss room hits for over 250 attack and 125ish magic +/-.

As long as skull drop rate is overtuned, the chance of getting hit by an enemy skull from out of nowhere a few times per top troop before you can cast the few times to beat their team is just too high.

Doing 100 AoE dmg seems great until you realize you’re casting on effective hp total of over 1000. The game isn’t going to let you have 10 turn ending spell casts and more turns to grab mana.

Its the same reason Sea of Sorrow is ridiculous currently.

2 Likes

This is my current delve event run. I’ll clear the III room in upper left, then I’ll run away and claim my chest.

Because the one time reward for pushing further in the event is no where close to being worth a permanent increase in delve difficulty.

You only need to keep 1 delve at low level and farm it daily. That way you can complete other delve events

2 Likes

I don’t know your level and experience is nor the troops you own, but I’d rather finish at least the events for a shot at a higher level chests at each level along with more tier rewards while still stopping around level 100-120 delve level.

Since they changed delve event scoring, you can get to the pre-last reward with no gems spent on every occasion (if you can beat it).

‘No progression’ since the change is counter-productive, more rewards are always better than less.

With horde levels generally in the 0-30 range, I don’t have the stat boosts to compete against delves that are in the 70+ range. Can’t raise the horde levels without shards. Hard to get shards without being able to actually do the delves. Completing a delve in an event increases my delve level permanently making it much more difficult/time consuming to farm shards.

Until I get all my faction horde levels to 100, raising the delve level seems very counterproductive. I got the stage 4 rewards for the faction event today with minimal effort without triggering a permanent increase in difficulty. I’ll call that “good enough”.

1 Like

@Rasper fyi, you can beat level 20 in the Faction Events and then run away before the level 30 Boss room to keep your Delve at level 20 (assuming you want to repeat level 20 for farming).

I would also recommend focusing on improving the Hoard Quality of a single Faction first, rather than spreading your Treasures around, if that’s what you’ve been doing. This will allow you to get more shards (via higher level Delve Chests) and thus level up your other Hoards more quickly :slightly_smiling_face:.

10 Likes

I’ve always believed that the high hoard golds costs were intentionally designed to be a planned replacement for LTs. This would at least allow hoards to function as a reasonable gold sink. As it stands currently, players need the entirety of the gold in Cedric Sparklesack’s Vault from 42 alternate dimensions simultaneously to complete a single hoard.

Randomly thinking,

Event keys are being strictly limited in entering the game post-4.3, because they would be flowing too freely into the game. Wasn’t this pretty close to the reason why gems were removed from LTs?

On that note… post 4.3, what would be the new best source of event keys? LTs, because they would be the only remaining uncapped source of event keys.

History is going to repeat itself again. :roll_eyes::woman_facepalming::man_facepalming::roll_eyes:

5 Likes

Plus it only applies to new Factions or people who have nothing but 24 hours to play during one day events. With zero guarantee that will be enough sigils to give you enough attempts to get lucky RNG enough to complete it.
Personally, way too many factors for me to even risk the thousands of gems it would cost to make it happen.
“Sorry grandma, I can’t come to the hospital, I only have 6 hours before reset and I’m pushing to get a Faction team to 500. And I’ve spent hundreds of dollars just to have a 50% chance of succeeding”.
Now remember kids, we don’t want you playing GoW 24/7… But we’re going to model the game in a way for you to do everything, you need to play 24 hours a day. :+1:

2 Likes

Please everyone don’t throw 1000’s of gems at delves. Potions are just a new lure to get you to spend. The extra renown simply isn’t worth it.

10 Likes

Potion are a joke, you won’t see the boost difference, the AI will still get lucky cascades nothing will really change exept you will get less gems

3 Likes

I actually beat Hall of Guardian with the Faction team at Level 500 today after putting off the 3rd battle for multiple weeks…

Glad that its over. Hardest part is not getting the short end of the stick from the AI gem spawn algorithm at the top of the board.

Last 5 minutes of the battle. Lots of “luck”

I should have mentioned my team was Silent Sentinel, Ethereal Sentry, Arcane Golem, Gargoyle with the Bear Banner and not the faction banner.

25 Likes

Please take your hoard to 200 you’re killing me :joy:

2 Likes