Dear Devs, thank you!

I don’t feel I asked you or anyone else to thank the Devs. I thanked the Devs, and that was all I was doing, and I am sorry you don’t like it, but I can do nothing about that.

3 Likes

I’m fine with you thanking the devs. There’s not much to discuss about that, if you like the UI.
I’d like to know what you like, but that’s not the point.
I answered to Turintuor

This thread is getting a little out of hand… :frowning_face:

@Zeddicus2017 you most certainly do NOT need to enumerate WHY you like it. Your OP was perfectly fine the way it is.

@turintuor I think had the right of it. Let’s keep this thread positive. There are plenty of other threads where negative criticism can be flung around. The title of the thread is DEAR DEVS, THANK YOU! I think that implies a “positive” thread.

which brings me to

@Courtaud WHY? Because Why not? Why must this thread which was clearly intended to be a positive opinion and thanks to the developers be derailed into ANOTHER I hate the UI thread?

Finally, I do like the new UI. It is VERY different, but there is a crispness to it that I feel enhances my experience. I don’t dislike the old UI, I was very fond it in fact, and weary of the change, but I know the devs want this and I will choose to find the good in it. :wink:

9 Likes

Very well put @efh313 and i agree with every word of it!

3 Likes

Fine, let me go over what I like: I like the battle screen, I think it’s cleaner looking and for some reason easier for me to predict moves. I love the skip / continue buttons after battle making entering another match quick and easy. I love the card icons as they are now, especially the little extra touches with abilities when they are ready to cast – I just think the battle UI is much nicer / cooler looking. I love the Map changes, and the home-screen with the nice blue outlines around the different icons. I also love the GW defense changes and that you can now see all your defense groups without having to click on a tiny button. I do feel the UI needs tweaks, but I’m very pleased overall with what they have done. I could list more, but my guess is you’ll probably disagree with any positive thing I list and use it against me, and I do hope I am wrong about that as these are just my opinions.

4 Likes

One thing I just noticed, I’m glad that they took 1 click away from traitstone farming. You used to have to click on the kingdom > Explore > Yes (with picture of traitstones) > Start Battle. Now we don’t have the picture of traitstones offered. That is tucked away on a help button in the top right corner.

Not huge, but appreciated!

4 Likes

I don’t see why - or how - I should use your statements against you.
I think

• that the UI shouldn’t be releades in an half-baked state, as it is, with pieces of the old UI still in place
  • that the UI is not consistent in style. see the new traitstones vs the new monochromatic icons
  • that the mood of the UI is against the fantasy setting of the game
  • that the fonts are unreadable against light background.
    In short: my eyesight is not good and this UI gives me headache. Other people with worse disabilities cannot see a thing, they have posted on the forum at lenght about that.
    If we consider also the bugs rolled out with this upgrade, I’d be hardly pressed to find in me to thank the devs.
4 Likes

And these are all great points… for another thread. That’s all people are saying here. No one is attacking you. Just simply telling you to keep this strictly positive.

4 Likes

I wasn’t aware that it was a requirement.

‘Whereof one cannot speak thereof one must be silent’

This post is Epic to me. I LOVE IT.:joy::joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

No one is silencing you. We are abiding by the community guidelines that say “no off topic discussion or thread derailing”. The topic was clearly stated to be a positive one.

3 Likes

Positive is not a topic. Anyway, you can stay here and say positive things instead of derailing it into criticizing other posters.

I have been playing over 2 years and hanging on hoping all the problems would be fixed. This update is horrible and I am done with this game!

It’s perfectly acceptable to post opinions in favor of, or in rebuttal of, a posted topic. Both viewpoints are topical; as such, it is valid to dispute the OP’s feeling about the patch, even if it is considered bad form (there are, indeed, a lot of other places to post critique). It becomes off-topic when the conversation drifts, well, off-topic.

Conversely, it is acceptable to post arguments in favor of the UI changes in the myriad topics that are denigrating it.

5 Likes

I really like a lot of it, I think it looks smooth, I wish it had not come with bugs but it happens. I love the new chest opening, I actually didn’t skip it the way I usually do, and I really like the reward screen after a match.
And on the last stream for those who didn’t watch they did say they would have to roll out the new UI in pieces.

1 Like

But I was waiting for a topic where the only permitted emotion is surprise!

Hahahahahahaaaaa! And how exactly do you think that would go over? If i go to one of the “this UI sucks” threads and say how much i like it and what my favorite things about are, or wrote the new UI a love letter there what do you think the reaction would be?

If you think for one second that my post would be accepted and a welcome contrary opinion then i would be forced to really question your judgement.

If you like i will gladly try it but i can already tell you i will be calld a troll. I will be accused of making an off topic post. And my post will be flagged.

Now go ahead and tell me how wrong i am… I will wait

I said nothing about how your post would be received, merely that it is acceptable to post opinions on a topic for or against without it being considered off-topic.

3 Likes

I’m curious to know what new players it attracts and what market they are from.

Ok i will hold you to that lyya…

And its not about the rules. Its about how minority opinions are treated here. I have been railing about it for a long time and told i have a “victim complex” for it.

I am all for people sharing opinions but the community in general adds “as long as those opinions are in line with mine” to the end of that sentence