Dead Thread (15 characters)

Here’s another rework idea: keep the current either/or, but let her buff 2 other allies if she doesn’t explode. The buff on its own is a compete waste as-is, but buffing multiple allies (I’d prefer all) would be fine.

Would you prefer all future troops be named “TROOP 377” with “SPELL 377” and a solid-color rectangle in place of troop art? It’d sure cut down on new troop development costs and time.

1 Like

Great strawman, thanks for playing.

It’s no strawman. You either let the fantasy help guide the design or you don’t. I’m taking your statement and moving to the next step.

Why bother giving the troops an identity if you don’t design their mechanics to reflect the identity?

2 Likes

Yes, with your hyperbole you’re making a strawman.

There is a ton of illogical things in GoW because it’s not real world but it’s a game with very narrow set of rules and what matters is that the rules make sense against each other not what someone thinks is logical in their own fantasy world. It’s not an RPG it’s match 3/CCG hybrid. “Real world” logic has little to do with it.

Unless someone is immersing himself in that Krystara make-believe while playing GoW.

Who was talking about the real world? People were discussing what is thematically appropriate for a goblin (greedy) pyromaniac named “Princess Fizzbang.” Does a name like that evoke images of a nurturer to you?

You were railing against a comment that was saying, “The stat buff didn’t fit with her to begin with.” That’s not “applying the real world,” that’s applying the fantasy.

And for the record, it’s reductio ad absurdum, not a strawman.

4 Likes

Never mind about my suggestion. I just lost a nasty battle that would’ve gone way differently if Fizzbang had exploded every time. Her buff was nigh useless. With the combo breaker still frelled up from the update, the enemy managed to whittle down my lead guys and eventually the board was stuffed with mana I couldn’t use and no way to clear it without her.

We need her exploding every time. We need the extra turn. Screw the buff.

That doesn’t evoke any images because I am not roleplaying. Again, it’s not an RPG.

Sure, bring on the semantics but it still doesn’t change that logic doesn’t make sense :wink:

Hence my statement before. You care about the mechanics only, not the flavor. So why bother with the comparatively expensive trappings of art, etc?

But anyway, your initial argument is fundamentally flawed, because some people do care about those things you don’t, and therefore things you believe are not important, are – potentially to paying customers.

You’re misunderstanding an artistic conceit to be real-world logic - that’s not at all what I meant.

A conceit is the basic conceptual gimmick behind something; it is internally logical and consistent, but this has nothing at all to do with real-world logic. If we’re taking about a “fire wizard”, throwing fireballs around works with his conceit, but freezing things into blocks of ice doesn’t - the fact that neither one is possible has nothing to do with it.

A sneaky, stealthy, quiet character with an ability that blew things up wouldn’t make sense for their conceit. A drunken, stumbling, 50’ tall giant with an ability that let them sneak around wouldn’t make sense.

Princess Fizzbang exploding her friend to make them healthier doesn’t make sense.

2 Likes

“Fizzbang doesn’t looks like a supporter…”
“Exploding things to boost allies doesn’t make any sense…”
“Something strawman and the other non-sense i never cared about…”

Ò_ô… Huh, i just imagined that she is some kind of Evoker, able to tap magical energy in the surroundings into many effects, due the lack of proper teaching her power have adverse effects on allies (random buff on random ally) with a big drawback to the enviroment (things just goes kaboom) in our case the board.

Considering the lore behind the setting, Kristara, i imagine that if Thassarion would teach her she would be able to create a lot of diferent effects with proper control and minor or more subtle drawbacks depending of what she is trying to accomplish.

Nobend is cool bro i used it this week for red and brown day and 2 flawless victory baby!!!

1 Like

I believe Stealthy is just a form to translate how the princess is cautious to avoid being targeted from incoming magical attacks… Stretching the creativity maybe it’s because she can teleport away from said spells (teleportation is part of her story shared by Sirrian), but i agree that it doesn’t makes a lot of sense that she can avoid spells but not a punch (skull damage)…

Anyway don’t think too hard about it because things become strange when you ask yourself how someone can be stealthy in the middle of a battle if there is an ally but not while he is alone, wich is when technically you do stealthy things without your dumb/clumsy friends get in the way while you can also be punched in the face but not be targeted by a spell as i said before… :sweat_smile:

It’s just a game where the present mechanics try to emulate, the best they can, more complicated interactions.

Here I was thinking this whole time @Vangor was a straight up hardcore gow gangsta. :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Impossible to not like this man, hes such a good boy! :wink:

2 Likes

What makes you think i am not?

1 Like

#MakeFizzbangGreatAgain

3 Likes

#MakeFizzbangBANGAgain

5 Likes

I’m quite sure I read that the idea of the “Explode or Buff” was proposed by someone on this forum. Sorry but it wasn’t a good idea. So I imagine that devs read it, thought it was a good idea and implement it…

This one?