Dance of Dragons

The devs would have to deploy hard counters to the Divine meta, that are at least as fast the current meta. Looking at the spoilery stuff, I’m not seeing anything in the near to mid term that says this is coming. Similarly, I don’t really see any signs of a new meta in those troops either.

But hey, both July’s and August’s Mythics are both Divines, I guess the devs are comfortable with the Divine meta for at least a couple of months.

1 Like

I think Ember is going to be really useful. I’m already scheming teams!

3 Likes

Too bad he isn’t divine :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Screenshot_5

hmmmm lol

3 Likes

I was just thinking there weren’t enough Dragons or Divines in the game. Divines, in particular, have trouble with negative status ailments. I’m glad they’ll finally have a cleanser.

5 Likes

Given that Ember doesn’t block yellow, like Hellcat does… that does have potential.

1 Like

For Dragon’s Blessing;
Is that Barrier, Enchant, Submerge and Enrage? Wasn’t sure if there was any more positive status effects. Maybe it will also be updated in the future if we get more…

Yay a Red Azura lol

My thoughts exactly @Lyrian!

Ember + Yao might be interesting

What about the poor mercy?

She will evolve into a new being with Daemonic powers thanks to @Lyya awesome art. :star_struck:
That is, if the devs ever consider changing certain characters, all we need, storywise, is a bored Wizards to combine a mystic portal, a runic photocopier, two cucumbers and one undead chicken. Wizards always do stuff without thinking about any consequences…

He was being sarcastic, given the fact that Divines already had multiple all-cleansers while the majority of other trooptypes have none at all.

3 Likes

Lol sorry sometime it’s hard to detect sarcasm :slight_smile:

1 Like

Dragon teams.

This was going to be one of my favourite event weeks finally being able to 8* Dragons Claw but now that kingdom stars have changed I’m going to be 1 troop short.

You will also need a lot of ingots to upgrade two weapons in this kingdom.

1 Like

Right. Cool stuff. I think.

Ember: aside from all that funny story about burning burning burning… and no burning effects on the troop… finally the new red transformer arrives… the stat gain is nice, but colour combo bad, don’t think it loops with anything, so not sure I’ll use it much, given Hellcat…

Divinia: seems fun, but another exploder probably wasn’t needed, and certainly not in red/yellow… the cleanse will fit nicely into dragon teams I suppose…

For one thing, it works nicely with the Abyssal Banner. +2 Purple, +1 Red, but isn’t penalized by the -1 Yellow that Hellcat is penalized by.

5 Likes

These troops are pretty uninspiring and subpar. Once AGAIN the devs missed the chance to create some troops that work well with existing kingdom troops and Class. Yet Dragon’s Claw, a kingdom already with great mana generators, gets another couple with boring spells.

Lord Ember - Hellcats Damage is far better than a measly magic gain.
Divinia - Life gain and cleanse are boring and largely irrelevant in normal play.

A couple of simple design tweaks would have got a better outcome, without changing what looks to be the original intent.

Both should have some Burn element added into their kit to allow buffing of Elemaugrim’s spell, currently Visk is really the only reliable burn generator from Dragon’s Claw with a double countered condition (Immune to Burn and non yellow). Though it is very satisfying when you pull off a Visk —> Elemaugrim against a yellow team.

Anyways, Lord Ember should have had at least burn two random enemies added to his spell. This would be no different to Poison Master’s extra condition and the irrelevant magic gain sets him as an Epic troop. Also, his mana colours just suck in Dragon’s Claw teams… Should have been Green/Brown, Blue/Brown or something.

Now the (supposed) Legendary. Has a spell I find utterly boring and magnitudes worse than The Dragon Soul. Life Gain why?? Should at least be half life and half armour. Did the devs forget that Dragonguard (don’t get me started on non synergistic classes…) has a talent that boosts skull damage off the armour stat? So life gain is subpar here…

1 Like