Console Task Update!

Would be another data point for them to look at so they know what tasks are being ignored and which are being hit. Also just for the sake of simplicity having it cost 50 gold might be preferable over gems.

The price to skip a Task should be the same as the Reward for that particular Task

? You would loose resources that way. Nobody would ever choose to skip, defeating the whole purpose of the skip function.

1 Like

Then don’t skip it and do it slowly.

Really how long do you think it takes to do these?

1 Like

I dont want to ‘have’ to play certain kingdom specific matches. I have no problem forfeiting the reward given the choice, didnt think skipping them would be an issue, no biggie

15 matches takes awhile and theres 3 of them, especially if you don’t have troops leveled. So you gotta do 45 matches with a boring team to get 30 gems. It’s less about the fact that it takes a long time, and more about the fact that your forcing yourself to to do something not fun for the majority of your play session. If they just changed the quests to win 5 games with x unique troops, earn 5 gems that would be way better.

2 Likes

Please do report back - would love to know that this clears up for everyone…

I understand the not fun part. Especially when it’s Adana or Construct that shows up. Even developed the only “fun” troop is GobRock and that doesn’t fit half the equation. I just make sure that if I can’t overlap things, then I have at least 1 troop that can 1 shot them. Either by skull or ability. Tyri fills that more times than not cause she’s a brick…

And she can fill anyone else very fast. The occasional map is a nice perk but could care less in this scenario. Then I hit the easiest challenge in the kingdom I want arcanes from (currently trying to draw Blood from a Scale). That way at least I still have a faster way to get something I do want and the challenge gets done as a side effect.

1 Like

I did the tasks that started at -1. Todays daily tasks all start from 0 now.

1 Like

Awesome. Thanks very much for checking that out.

So I’m taking the “all tasks start at -1” bug off our fix list, since apparently it’s just something that happened when we shifted the task system - not an ongoing problem.

This might be something that you are already aware of, but I’ll add it just in case. I had the win 8 battles with troops from Whitehelm task today, but the underlying description (RB) text actually required 12 battle wins. I coupled this task with the win 12 battles using 3 unique brown troops task, and both rewards did unlock after that 12th win. My previous kingdom-specific tasks did require only 8 wins, but Whitehelm was different for some reason.

Sorry for not having a screenshot, I didn’t think of it until it was too late.:frowning:

Screenshots are only helpful when you can’t describe it exactly - and you did. So no worries.

You are correct - tiny typo on the server. I have fixed it - will need to wait for tomorrow to push it out.

1 Like

I agree. On the next daily game reset/login bonus any tasks without progress, at 0/… should be replaced by new ones to prevent beeing lock down.

So given the quicker turnaround on these changes/adjustments, I can only surmise some of the data in the aftermath of the original changes showed task completion significantly dropping off a cliff (or time played going down substantially). That said, the proposed changes are an improvement over what was originally put forth, but still not enough personally to return, due to the resultant rewards still being nerfed from what they were. If tasks were no longer going to repeat, there was no need to worsen the rewards as well. Doing both lengthens the stick upon which the carrot is placed, and insinuates to players that their time isn’t as important as it used to be. Or perhaps it goes back to gently pushing players towards more of the paid microtransactions. I know Mr. Strange has mentioned before that they don’t entertain such behaviors, but at the same time, they’re a business that exists to make money. For those that are happy though, I hope you continue to enjoy the game. For myself, it’s just not as addictive or fun as it used to be.

The time complete all 4 Tasks has basically dropped off 3-4x and the Rewards are much, MUCH better.

Anyone who still doesn’t do Tasks now is a fool, plain and simple.

Glad you’re still enjoying it, Talia.

Has any one else lost their Daily Task panel on XB1? Mine’s just disappeared. Every thing else is fine.

That wasn’t the case in this situation. Play time always goes up after a patch - any effects from the task changes wouldn’t be visible yet. Rather, these adjustments were based on feedback that people felt that the time to complete tasks was too long. As part of that discussion, people expressed a desire for varied reward types, which was easy to accommodate at the same time.

The next change I would like to see for tasks would be a general expansion - increasing to hundreds of potential tasks for the cycling set.

1 Like

Perhaps, a bit extreme. I would say this was true of the v1 Tasks. The v2.1 Tasks are a nice bonus to those with some team building skills, and a little extra time.

This would be great. PS: You have my full permission to please use the idea of adding a new TASK E (weekly) I previously posted. Thereby offering even more variety in Task length.