Console devs, lets talk tasks

Not to nitpick, but that’s a far different sentiment than what you expressed previously:

I can’t believe some of you are calling for Tasks to be removed. I agree that the Task rewards could be better, but a decent number of Tasks involve things you would in all likelihood be doing anyway, like winning invasions, opening chests, using maps, leveling troops, traiting troops. They’re essentially free rewards. Who wouldn’t want that? I happen to be in an amazing guild that gets me plenty of gems and glory keys, but the vast majority of players don’t have that luxury. The tasks at least give them something, as well as an immediate objective to strive for, which can be helpful in a game that doesn’t have a ton of direction.

Plus, with the soon-forthcoming update, having Tasks in conjunction with Explore mode will be awesome. With that change, there will never be wasted effort. Of course, you can accomplish the same multitasking concept right now by using your Task-based team in PvP, but usually those teams are sub-optimal and more suited for the teams you scout out as having a single Peasant. Soon you’ll be able to field your team of lowly Constructs, rack up a few gems, and still have a decent shot at Arcane or Celestial stones.

My only little issue with Tasks is that I wish there was a bit more variety. I know Mr. Strange had at one point expressed his desire to expand the number of cycleable tasks. I, for one, would like to see this implemented. At the very least, I think they should add in a few more kingdoms or races for more variety.

But yes, any developers who may be monitoring, please keep the Task system in place. Nobody is being forced to partake in it, and it’s nothing but beneficial to the ones that are.

2 Likes