Console Task Update!

Just checked on XB1 - my task bar is unchanged.

as a pc playerā€¦ i SOOOOO wish we had tasks! @Nimhain - please oh please? i beg on my knees!

1 Like

Then it must be isolated to my account. I submitted a ticket.

Id love if you had tasks and we had mobile :wink:

Good dealā€“thanks for the response/insight!

I have this task. The description is as above but pressing RB shows progress as 0/12

If thatā€™ the case I hope thereā€™s more team slots. I like to have a pre-made team for every possible task, and I just went through and created one for the most recent set you released (obviously some crossover, like 3 of a particular color combined with the city tasks to maximize efficiency and make sure there were enough team slots for everything)

Yeah - we have a fix for that ready.

@Mr.Strange

Yes, just logged in and my entire task box is gone with no way to bring it back. It was there about 5 hours ago. I am closing the game and going back in to see if it will come back.

FWIW, I had the first 2 tasks completed, the next with 0/12 and the 4th with 6/15 when I last quit the game if that information helps troubleshoot.

That has happened to me on two separate occasions, and I never was able to get it back until the next dayā€™s tasks appeared. Just letting you know youā€™re not alone.

That sounds amazing! I think itā€™s safe to say that when you only get four tasks for the day, and one of them is to change your armor (like mine was today), it makes you wonder if there could be a bit more variety. :slight_smile: But as a general rule I do like these new tasks.

Finally, on the nitpicky side of things, just wanted to note that the word ā€œtreasureā€ is missing an ā€œrā€ in the ā€œUse 5 treasue mapsā€ task.

1 Like

Even though the interface disappeared, did you try to finish one of the tasks, and did the rewards pop?

I was thinking of trying thisā€¦I need to do 9 more matches with monsters for my current task (that disappeared) to finish. I can try and report back.

UPDATE: I finished my remaining 9 matches with 3 monster troops, and an additional match for good measure just to be sure, and unfortunately I can confirm that the task will no longer pop even if you complete all the remaining requirements for it.

1 Like

Weā€™d like to look at adding a version of tasks in the future.

3 Likes

Not really. This happened with my brotherā€™s account. He tried one battle to see if it would pop but that did not work. 505Games did restore it but the darn thing happened again this morning. So I submitted another ticket on his behalf.

I see others have experienced this same issue. I still think it was something I did wrong yesterday in my case. I was customizing my routerā€™s security while the game was still running. Game did not crash while I was doing that. We saw this problem after he quit and relaunched the game.

It was working normally last night. A few error messages did pop while navigating throughout the Kingdom Menu. But we figured it was a one-time hiccup since they rolled it back? or something like that? My brother went ahead to complete his remaining Tasks. Then he quit the game like heā€™s always done.

But its back. Again.

@Mr.Strange

Just got this task today. Donā€™t you feel 2000 gold is a little low for a reward for 8 matches? Particularly when itā€™s easy to get over 2k in one PvP match. I also got ā€œwin ONE match with 4 troops of the same colorā€, also for 2000 gold (Iā€™ll note that was in my task D slot, which looking at this appears to be a bug). A win one match (which is arguably more flexible than the Khaziel task) should not give the same reward as a win 8 match task, IMO. Not suggesting it should be 8x the reward for 16k, but I think 8k would be more within the realm of making the task worthwhile.

It feels like the latter task has far worse value than the former task. You are getting 1 gem per match in the first, and only a half gem per match in the second. Arguably the first task is more flexible as well since it allows any color, while the latter type of task is a specific color. Also, when compared to the ā€œWin 15 matchā€ ones, those are worth 10 gems. Are those 3 additional fights worth 4 more gems than the win 12 ones? A few adjustments would be nice to make the rewards a little more proportionate to each other.

My biggest gripe. Tasks use to be fun and now they are not. I seem to get the same rotation over and over. So boring now itā€™s become a joke.

So sick of win 75battles for 30gems.

I agree to a degree. I actually enjoy the 75 battles for 30 gems one, because at least during those 75 battles Iā€™m having fun since they are flexible and I can use my PvP teams that are built up. I do not have fun grinding through stuff like 15 matches with constructs, however. Itā€™s basically slogging through a mostly unexciting challenge while trying to cast Valk enough times to max souls ad nauseam.

Sorry I should of explained a bit better.

My fave task with the old task system was win 50battles for 100glory. So yes I like 75 battles for the flexibility but the reward is garbage compared to what it once was.

Should still be glory but reduce it to 50 glory instead of 100

Why not a task bar with 8 tasks for better variety ?
Thanks

1 Like

I can get behind thatā€¦the MORE tasks the better

1 Like