CONSOLE: Dead Men Tell No Tales

Originally published at: http://gemsofwar.com/dead-men-tell-no-tales-console/
But dead parrots never shut up…

New Troop: Captain Skullbeard

Lil’ Johnny Bronze sat down in front of the tavern fire and said, “Let me tell y’all the tale of Captain Skullbeard!”

“Many years ago, Ol’ Skully were one o’ me crew! If Bonnie Rose were me right hand, then Ol’ Skully were me left hand… This were the days when I 'ad a left hand, mind ye! AND two feet! Arrr-har-har! And I still WOULD have ‘em if it weren’t for Ol’ Skully!”

“Now Ol’ Skully weren’t his name back then… he were known as Small Sole Paul, on account o’ his feet bein’ tiny like a pretty little Elf lass. But those little feet could move him through the rigging like a monkey with a Goblin rocket up its socket! Aye! Ye never seen a man or woman hit the crow’s nest as fast as Ol’ Skully back in the day! But he had a problem with the grog!”

“So one fine day, we sail outta Blackhawk Harbor. Small Sole Paul is leaping from rope to rope, drunk as a Dwarf at his in-laws, when he slips and goes straight over the side! At first we were all a-laughin’, but then I sees a shark’s fin in the water, so I dives in to save him. It were a brutal fight, twixt me and the shark, and that be where I lost me leg! But we got Small Sole Paul out to safety.”

“Now, fortunately Lil’ Johnny Bronze is made of stern stuff! Aye, I healed pretty fast, and a few days later I were back up on deck tryin’ out me new wooden leg, to MUCH success! I see Small Sole Paul leapin’ through the riggin’ as he were wont to do, drunk as an Elf after half a glass o’ candy water again! And sure enough, he slips right in front o’ me eyes. This time he doesn’t land in the water though, he lands in the brazier in the middle o’ the main deck and catches himself on fire! O’ course I limp over as fast as I can, and I tries to put the fire out. I saves him again, but me hand were a mess… so much so, the doc chopped it off with a big cleaver and fitted me with this hook!”

“Now I were rightly a little peeved with Small Sole Paul at this stage! So I says to him: Paul, if ye don’t get off the grog, I’m gonna run outta limbs, savin’ yer skinny little arse! Before that happens though, if I catch ye drinkin’ again, I’m gonna slap ye so hard, it’s gonna slap the grog right outta ye!”

“Paul nodded, but I could tell he were gonna sneak some rum the first chance he got, so I kept an eye on him. That VERY night, I found him sittin’ up on fo’castle with a pitcher o’ rum, so I did exactly what I said. I went over and slapped him about the ears as hard as I could.”

“And that was how Captain Skullbeard was born.”

The audience in tavern looked confused. Someone piped up, “Wait… He became a evil ghost pirate because you SLAPPED him?”

Lil’ Johnny Bronze guffawed. “Oh, Aye! He did! Ye see I forgot I had the new hook… put it clean up his ear canal into his brain. Terrible mess it was - spilt rum everywhere!”

“We threw the body overboard after that. Had no idea he’d come back and swear vengeance on me. Damned inconsiderate, when you think of all I did for HIM!! Ar-har-har!”

There will be a bonus troop, the Bone Scorpion, available in Glory Bundles this week.

Please note this Event only applies to PS4 and XBox 1 versions of the game.

Join the Forum!

5 Likes

Wow bone scorpion same time
Then pc??

2 Likes

I think this entire week on console will be filled with “SITUATIONAL OP” troops: Blackhawk Event and Bone Scorpion!

1 Like

PC/Mobile version of the same event was +25% to Blackhawk and Rogues, bonus treasure maps for using Captain Skullbeard in PVP and event points earned for every 10 moves in treasure hunt.

If so, that’s one less thing to worry about when building teams;)

5 Likes

I hope it will be same for us, that will force me to use some treasure map cause i didin’t touch this mode for a while lol

1 Like

Yeah, I’ll do a few TH Maps when it comes up for a daily task, typically I have to do at least 5 or more “Win 15x with Construct Team” before TH comes up though.

1 Like

I’m curious to see how many points you need for each reward and can’t see any reference to it in the PC thread for this event. Ashtender doesn’t keep track of the reward thresholds for events, either.

Same for me. I haven’t seen a treasure hunt task in at least 2 or 3 weeks, and I usually clear most or all of my tasks daily (though a little less reliably lately). Maybe we’ll get lucky and it will come up this week!

Same about due for a TH… based on my Construct annoyance Tasks meter. Only had 2 Constructs this past week and somehow snuck through the week before with only one Construct. Though…maybe it was 2 as well, could be my mind trying to protect me by forgetting unpleasant things;)

1 Like

what arcanes are with those two troops!

1 Like

Does this mean that Kraken is more likely to drop using event chest keys? I need a second one.

1 Like

Yes @MadOrange, they are from the same kingdom.

2 Likes

Thank you :+1:

Captain Skullbeard will give Blue/Green (2) and Bone Scorpion will give Brown (1).

In other words Beard (swamp) Scorpion(deep) :slight_smile:

1 Like

Good I need swamp! Deep not so much!

@Saltypatra
Will Console ever have a chance to get Spring Imp (and Summer Imp) in the same way that they were originally available as Glory bundles on PC/Mobile?

or will all remaining Imps skip the Glory step, and go directly into Chests when their season rolls around.

Haven’t had any luck pulling Spring Imp, or Dark Troll. Only time I’ve seen the Imp on a preview window is while clicking on the VIP chest.

3 Likes

Losing event keys with glory purchases is just stupid. I’m sorry but a couple of glory keys and a few gold keys is just crap. I used 20 of my precious this morning to try and get a lil Johnny and just ended up with a load of mimic and a kraken and a few runic. Please consider putting the event keys back. I refuse to use glory to purchase one event key because it’s a waste of glory. That was a really bad move imo and I usually support the devs 100% but that was a bum move guys.
@Saltypatra
Thoughts?
Regards
Daniel

2 Likes