Cobra Commander

Originally published at: https://gemsofwar.com/cobra-commander/

New Invasion Troop: Ankhekt

Ankhekt will be available in the Invasion Shop, and will appear in Glory, Gem, Guild, and VIP chests in 3-4 weeks’ time.

New Epic Troop: Apophisis

Apophisis will be available this week for 400 Glory in the shop as well as in Event Chests, and will appear in Glory, Gem, and Guild chests in 3-4 weeks’ time.

New Weapon: Dead Gauntlet

This week it will be available in both the Invasion shop, and in the Soulforge.

Balance Change: Dragon’s Eye

Dragon’s Eye has been an annoying defensive weapon for some time now – it powers up very fast, given an empowered ally, and is extremely disruptive to the attacker. We’re making a couple of small changes to the weapon, that should help those fighting against it.

The first change, is to have it target the last troop. This allows an opposing team some more time with their front troops to work their way towards neutralizing the threat. Secondly, once 4.3 releases, it will allow a player to Bless the last troop in their team and make it immune to the transform effect.

Thirdly, we’re having Dragon’s Eye create an empowered Baby Dragon (i.e. full mana), so when it does hit you, at least you can have some fun seeing what Dragon you get!

18 Likes

I feel like the last troop was chosen only because I suggested that it be the first troop. :roll_eyes:
Still, amazing nerf! Thank you! :grin:

Thank you for the nerf, It is still useful, but not the game wrecker it was.

2 Likes

Let see who first to cry :slight_smile:

You used secondly twice, js.

If they cry about this change then either they’re too new to know how to counter it’s transform after the change. Or they’re a flat out idiot.

Dragon’s Eye + Arachnaean Weaver :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Shhhh… Don’t need them to know how it could help the player. :wink:

Almost every aspect of the change is a buff to the weapon, lol. Only thing it will fix is it is slightly less annoying in that it won’t hit a random good troop.

Makes it easier in delves too in order to specifically transform the target not immune to devour by devouring all the lower ones 1st.

2 Likes

So baby dragon will turn into a dragon egg… and not a random target? How can this go wrong? insert sarcasm font here

Lol! Good one pal

Exactly how my suggestion was based. Really don’t need the weapon to change. Just needed an actual way to counter it. Prior, it was almost impossible to counter.

You forgot after 4.3 bless will be immune to tranform so the weapon will be useless.
Well it will explose some gems but nothing really annoying

This part isn’t clear, will it take effect at the reset or after 4.3?

So does this mean when I cast MY dragon eye MY last troop gets blessed?

True, but bless can be dispelled. Dragon’s Eye can run on any hero class with it on extra turn, so Apothecary or Gimlet feeding Eye brown mana would make no difference against a bless team.

It is nice that it is set up more as a counter game, but it will still be just as strong as always. :smiley:

1 Like

Fleg no it mean bless will be immune to tranform so you will be able to put a 4th troop immune to tranform

1 Like

You have to cast spell to put on bless though yes?

1 Like

@Tuaya :person_shrugging: (less than 10)

Not always… hero give random status effect and there is divinia who can bless on 4x gem

Doom troop are also immune to transform