Cheating, terrible AI

While you’re right about ai “chances” being messed up, morana being a fine example, on other side is something needed in a game where the AI is non existant.

The pletora of empowered converters we can fight now show that very well, 99% of the times the so called “ai” cast those mn what (hence using same empo converters against them give you a 789% chance of win), the 1% of times it refuse to use it nm what.

When trying to make new defs and testing them if i dare put hero with MC on first spot all what AI was doing was spamming MC even with whole team full (but may be the test feature that dont work, wont surprise me at all, EoE work well in real defs but on all tests i tried AI was using it always on first troop).

Without those “lucky rng” and lameass infinite cascades (in the 30 matches i needed to reach tier 1 in pvp i lost once, ai made a 3 match and from it, once all the filling, extraturns, etc etc ended i had both hero and dd dead) AI would never win once you reach decent stats and got most/all the useful troops/weapons.

On current tod for example am on floor 37 since floor 23 am scouting floors and for now got 125 victories and 1 loss (mostly my fault too, hero died on gloomleaf reflect), sure pots help too (but not like delve, is “just” 21 to all stats from them).

2% is actually 10% since the Doom troop for the AI is at Mythic Ascension level.

5 Likes

Isn’t it 12%?

1 Like

I can only hear this in the voice of Carlos, from Night Vale.

You’re welcome.

Lol, look all these kights in shinny armor defending the game :rofl::joy:, dont get me wrong i love the game,i always playing the game, but sometimes i think. The IA cheats, make 4 or 5 perfect 4x, perfect cascades of skulls, not always, but yeah its a little suspect.

Did i ever said it doesnt cheat?

What i said is that without cheating then there wont be anymore any game, faster then, we start a match and get directly to victory screen, at least i wont waste the already too much time that game take.

Look at this, 1 of today tod boss fight, my hero is a sentinel btw, first ai turn and:

4 skull hits in a row from cascades and sh1t, was kinda tempted to retreat right awaybut then decided to challenge the fantascientific AI of this game anyway, after a while:

Oh, and the raven didnt escaped either btw:

So YES ai, despite w/e devs or anyone else say, cheat/got insane buffs/callitwhatever you like (am even trying, again, to do lvl 500 crypt with faction, anyway take 5 mins before i get demolished while watching MY morana’s always fail kill any sh1t) but without that then, save me the time to “play” and just let me log, collect all prizes or anything and log off, result would be the same but no time wasted.

If you think it’s “defending the game”, then I think you’re missing the vital, fundamental point.

Here’s the thing: the devs have said that the AI doesn’t cheat. Or, more specifically, they’ve said that the AI sometimes cheats in the player’s favor and never, ever against the player.

Now, you can either believe the devs (in which case you accept that the AI doesn’t cheat), or you can accuse the devs of maliciously lying about this for years across multiple games - but if you really believe the devs are lying and deceiving you, then why are you still here? You should go play something that isn’t out to get you instead, right?

5 Likes

Not really sre to who you’re talking but…

Sue me but defo i dont trust the devs lol, they gotta sell their stuff and that’s fine, but Crypt is too old to drink again the old and cold soup of the “rng” when i see in my whole lifetime Morana AI, fail THREE times, every other time she manage to cast 1 of my troops was dead while mines need at very least 5 or 6 casts to work.

Or cerberus, troop i used for months to do dungeon when i was too weak to do it normally and that never worked like those used by ai.

But isnt about that, i cba to go look for it, but i fell from my chair when a dude posted about him and some of his friends would have played this and SPENT money on it if there was real time true pvp and after other ppls told him what everyone know, aka that this will never happen, a DEV replied saying “dont destroy his hopes that can happen in future” (yes ofc can happen aswell i win the superenalotto and win 140 millions euro’s).

As for why i am still here is easy, am perfectly fine with an AI with advantages when that AI make the aliens of space invaders look like geniuses.

For now this week i lost a whopping 2 matches, 1 out of the 35 pvp battle and 1 of the 166 ToD matches done so far.

Only place where losing piss me off is gw where on last one i had a Glaycion selfloop 3 times, defo that was a “cheat on my favor” a 20 mana cost that use brown/purple and make BLUE looping 3 times (at least Ishyballa make sense when she do that sen she make her own color lol).

From personal experience, i can readily attest that the ai favors the player most of the time. Sometimes it doesnt favor anyone, and a few times it favors the opponent. And this is acceptable (for me at least, because you cant always win).
The problem lies when the ai favors the opponent, people tend to take the negative and make it a generalization, forgetting about all the good matches it had before.

2 Likes

Do you have anything to base this on other than assumption? Usually those saying the game cheats are like me. They notice it’s odd so they pay more attention and see the game blatantly cheat. Skipping your 4 turns WHEN YOU ARE NOT FROZEN BECAUSE IM TIRED OF THAT EXCUSE, not giving you mana, and mismatching skulls so only the enemy can get them even if you tried the whole time. The game absolutely cheats.

Can you describe this a bit more? I’m not sure what you mean. Is it that you try to match skulls but the game reads your input differently and matches other, nearby gems instead?

No, I mean the ai gets about 15x the opportunities to match skulls even when I try to force matches. It’s gotten to the point where I am forced to play with 0 attack defenders and some form of spell damage and generator.

Okay, ty. I see your new thread as well (Unable to get any skull matches site has tried to remove this post 3 times).

Record video if you’re seeing bugs. Every console can do it, and modern smartphones can do it.

It’s a pain in the butt, but 8 out of 10 times when someone is sure the game is cheating and posts a video, people who review the video can explain why the thing they believe is a bug is happening.

Some of the things you’re describing are legit bugs. Yelling about it won’t change much because the devs only act on things that have proof.

If you want to prove there are bugs you can’t just TYPE CAPITAL LETTERS. You have to demonstrate a way to create the bug. I’ve got plenty of bad luck happening to me every day but that doesn’t mean the game’s broken.

And honestly if you’ve sat on this one thread for 4 months, waiting for the perfect moment to spring, I think you’re going about this wrong. There are hundreds of other games you could have been playing all this time that might make you happy.

1 Like

Most people got used to it by now :face_vomiting:
It’s all RNG everything you do in this game is RNG and Most players submitted to the idea already :mask: and if you believe in that title then make another thread that glory, event and gem keys are cheating too

It isn’t rng in the way you think. If I roll a d6 8 times but choose the results like in Yazzie I didn’t roll. That’s literally what this game used and that’s why it’s competitions aren’t allowed in some stats. This is with gems though, I have no idea about keys or glory.

RNG and lottery shares the same thing you can foresee the outcome so does the gem/skull drops not as if we can see what’s coming regardless if there is a storm or not. So game play is RNG (no skills needed to be top guild/player) otherwise who is the best GOW player? I doubt we get an answer in decades :joy:

I think you missed my point. Imagine if we did damage. We rolled 8d8 and I chose the big ones for me. That’s RNG.

Everything IS random in this game, inside of an environment that can be adjusted by the devs. They can turn off gnomes or decrease their rarity, but as long as they are not shut off entirely, you can randomly get one. They can target you for what you are missing with flash sales, and you can randomly get a weapon you are missing (vs. randomly getting offered something you have). Nothing is entirely random. The randomness has nothing to do with the overarching changes that the devs make to reduce the chances of a desired outcome.

Your metaphors are like a banana cream pie. That’s the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space.