Charmed

Originally published at: https://gemsofwar.com/charmed/

New Raid Boss Troop: Wazir

Wazir will be available in the Raid Boss Shop, and will appear in Glory, Gem, Guild, and VIP chests in 3-4 weeks’ time.

New Ultra-Rare Troop: Snake Charmer

The Snake Charmer will be available for 300 Glory in the Rewards tab of the Shop, will be in Event Chests this week, and will appear in Glory, Gem, and Guild chests in 3-4 weeks’ time.

New Weapon: Golden Sun

This week it will be available in both the Raid Boss shop, and in the Soulforge.

Join the Forum!

9 Likes

Interesting weapon.

1 Like

At least the weapon will work with Wazir’s spell. By the way @Sirrian, what is the boost ratio for Wazir’s spell?

Edit: I looked on Taran’s World and boost ratio on there was 3:1

Two extra Leonis troops, what we need is the character class :disappointed_relieved:

3 Likes

Very disappointed here. I wish Snake Charmer at least could had convert a chosen mana color to Purple, instead of creating the 9 random purple gems. There is enough random troops out there. And this would made him so much more useful. At least I am being honest and constructive.:slight_smile:

9 Likes

Minus SOME legendaries and mythics…troops anymore are VERY lackluster and some are downright useless.

Unless you need a legion of sand cobras to poison and disease your opponent troops to death i would pass on the snake charmer.

It’s a very disappointing troop even for an ultra-rare.

Nice a new weapon. It’ll go great with the boss killer and the Snake charmer I might use for raid but, I doubt it. Also I get a chance to get Voice of Orpheus from gems

1 Like

The next chapter of the new lore will be up later today, and will star one of our favourite denizens from Krystara…

6 Likes

Man… when you read spoiler on daily basic, this new weekly event post seems much less interesting now. But on the bright side, separately, we also get satisfying short story related to the event to enjoy weekly, so it’s actually better than before! Looking forward to read it in the next few hours! ^^

Now for the troop usage, Wazir could be the strongest Godslayer ever. Under the right circumstance, he can flat-out deal 430 damage to Zuul’Goth on first cast. (in theory anyway, as that team is downright unusable under kingdom’s restriction) But if you want to be fancy doing Dungeon run with him, he could do 805 damage to Dungeon boss on first cast, such an overkill!!

As for Snake Charmer, at least he got Link trait, which always be useful. So, yay?

Fun fact : Snake Charmer used to be one of the 6 supposed new set of Guild War troops, but that set got cancelled, so all 6 troops got scattered around the Krystara. 3 of them became Bounty troops (Ice Wraith/Parrot/Scavenger), one of them got to stay with Gnome (Valraven), and now Snake Charmer got to live simple live in Leonis Empire. That leave only Cocoon (from Zhul’Kari) the only troop left with no future plan.

3 Likes

ohhh can’t wait

Can I also say that the art for Wazir is amazing?

3 Likes

I agree the Snake Charmer could be more interesting, but converting gems to purple, summoning a troop and being Green/Blue would make him a slightly worse Giant Spider. (Sand Cobra has a random targeting spell.)

Possibly make him convert a chosen gem color to green instead. Snakes likes grass(green) after all, at least many does.

It is, making it sting even more that this troop won’t be used after this week’s event.

The Snow Bunny will travel to Leonis?:open_mouth::rabbit::wink:

A more realistic guess would likely be Khorvash’s Manticore, who clearly is one of the best denizens from Krystara and one of the few remaining decent denizens in Leonis. I hope it will be about him eating his owner’s dumb wife. That would be amazing! (I still have hopes that the Leonis lore will be fixed instead of getting even worse, okay!? Leave me to my dreams!)

2 Likes

I have a few guesses about the three dragons of the first Lorekeeper chapter.
Luther was a Dragon Knight. (The Dragon that was.)
The Hero of Krystara is a Dragon Guard (The Dragon that is.)
________________________________ (The Dragon that will be.)

Makes sense why two quasits seems to be heading in the same (general) direction. The third one headed in another direction, probably looking for an unreleased troop.

3 Likes

Isn’t Charmed a US TV series???

2 Likes

Would be nice if that weapon lifted the gold cap on a battle…

1 Like

Yes it is. It’s about witches