Celestia's Barrier - The new trueshot/agile?

There are a lot of troops in GoW that work well as 2x, 3x, and 4x. That doesn’t mean it is OP, rather that it synergizes well with itself.

1 Like

Yeah my suggestion would be 5 matches as well. 4 matches are rather common so she gets that abrrier a lot.

How many all Celestasia teams did you meet before the update?

I had it as one of my 20 teams before this patch, lol. I switched it about a month ago to Celestasia - Silent One - Celestasia - Celestasia, but after the patch I switched it back to all Celestasia. I don’t use it as my defend, but I don’t really see the problem with people that do. 4x anything are the easiest types of team to beat in 1.0.9. There are many matches I don’t even see them cast nor get a 4/5 match.

The reason you haven’t seen as many 4x is because legendary traits didn’t exist prior, so now legends are actually legendary. Celestasia just happens to be one of the only support legends, so of course a support will be able to support itself in mass.

With as much armor and health as they have, what kind of troop are you using that prevents them from casting spells or making 4 gem matches?

Bat - Bat - Valk - Sooth
Bat - Gorgortha - Bat - Hero (Crescendo) (Sorcerer, +2 magic)

Normally either of those two. You don’t need board control to stop enemy from getting 4x matches. Just match all the yellow and blues that aren’t near dangerous 4x potential areas. Same goes for Sooth’s ability which will sometimes have to be used in the safest of the 4 corners if any are available. Gorgortha sometimes gives them 4x or even their cast, but it will also give you 2-3 casts to pile them down with.

1 Like

I see that it would really help to have the third trait for Crimson Bat, sadly I’m not to that point yet, or even the second trait.

Yeah, that trait is basically constant 2x, especially if his cursed triggers HP. The devs may have to add a troop with “heal all” to counter it and true damage teams.

Or another option would be to make a counter skill/trait to Barrier, say one that ignores it. There are several troops that offer counters, ie Gob Chomper> Goblins. This may alleviate some anguish

Fought a similar Mythic combo earlier today…

Celestasia***
Celestasia***
Mercy***
Celestasia***

With a board control team, I took out the first two Celestasia’s before I saw the impact. The 4th Celestasia got its spell away, and it rose to 150 health in one turn before I got control back and then was able to dispose of it. Could be tough to face without a Board-Control type deck.

If the AI is able to rise from ~40 life to 150 life in a single turn, it seems to suggest the mechanic is slightly out of kilter. However, one could equally argue that a strong ‘control-deck’ is out of kilter when you can sometimes dispose of a team with them having just a few turns or less.

Celestasia is self-feeding just like Rock Worm used to be, but with a couple of differences:

(1) She creates 10 gems instead of just 7
(2) She has two colors, so twice as many chances on a random board to cause a turn-extending match

While i mostly agree with what you said about the team being beatable and being mildly countered by spread damage, which you happen to play, but others might not want to, you have to admit that Celestasias legendary trait feels much more … well legendary than many others.
I doubt there is another 4x team in the game currently that works even half as good as 4 Cels, support or not.

For someone that used to argue that Dryad might become overpowered when they previewed barrier as part of her spell with no cost increase for her spell, you seem quite calm about something that is close to a passive barrier that has no real cost at all.

Please tell me what you did to the AI that it fails to get a single 4match in a game? Chances are astronomically higher to have the AI just drop a complete 4 match from the sky(without any chance of anticipating or avoiding it) than it not doing a single 4-match in the games i play.

• Never match skulls unless they are an extra turn
  • Take gems from the outer square of the board
  • Take vertical matches in rows that are mostly XOX, not near rows that have a lot of XOXX or XXOX
  • Take horizontal 3 matches at top only away from columns like previously stated

Even if i do this the AI just drops in 3 of a kind that connect with a single gem where they drop in often enough for me to not “have many games” without the AI matching 4s.

The most frequently seen teem from the recent past is full-traited
bone dragon/venoxia/celestasia/sheggra.

I just can’t say it’s any fun to fight beyond the first 2-3.

If that will take over the place of gobs and TS teams, for me it’s no more pvp.

And one of then applies frozen, exactly as I said about its preview, extremely annoying and frustrating to have on opponent.

The problem with celestia is not the barrier itself, but the fact that she heals and feeds herself and at the same time adds barrier. So it comes down to: cast celestia on self, get at least 1 4or5 match, get barrier and full mana, cast on self again … I just had a match were I sat there and enjoyed waiting about 60 secs to see her making move after move after move healing back up to like 150 hp - super annoying and completely broken.

tl;dr: celestia can feed self, which suxx!!!11 and now sux even more

EDIT:
And it’s not that hard to get a fully traited celestia. I had one in 1.08, but go myself a refund now, cause I’d never use such a son of a card which appears to only have the purpose to ANNOY THE HELL OUT OF EVERYONE

If goblin shaman would use green mana and keep feeding itself over and over everyone would agree it’s broken btw. Being a natural legendary makes it harder to obtain, but that doesnt change the fact that it’s broken

For the record jarl does the same except instead of healing self destroys your team as side effect 20+ punch at a time. And webspinner with repeated 10+ AOE and poison. Probably others.

I still wish my 1.5 year old request about instant enemy turns got implemented as the most annoying part is really the sitting around and waiting if it ever stops.

1 Like

Then why do you have a fully traited Celestasia in your defense team…hmmmmm? Hypocrite alert

Just put it up yesterday for experimenting. Really not with celestasia but multi-Lamia. :slight_smile: OPen to suggestions what else keeps them alive and can finish the remaining 1-2 troops.

In the one day it’s up I saw no reports whatsoever, so it’s probably skipped or alt-F4-ed. That is a piece of important data.

Meanwhile, where is the hypocrisy? I said it’s super annoying on defense. It is too. This game seem to be about annoying people rather than support fun, so what is the root cause here?

You said that if teams like that took over for gobs and TS then no more PvP for you. Now you have one in yourself.

And that^ Why would you make someone feel as you just stated ? I just spent 10 minutes trying to defeat your last Celestasia, so please…Do not call the kettle black.