Can we please rethink the class gem barrier?

Your arguement is not wrong in its own way but we have no idea when more improvements to the hero class will be taking affect and I see no reason to drop this barrier until the future changes maybe warrant it or something like it in the future. At the current time I feel it restricts and that seems wholly counter to the idea of getting heroes back into the ranks.

…but is an even more fundamental change in my hero’s identity, which was my point… And changing race and gender has zero effect on gameplay… Shame that roleplaying was given as the (tenuous I think) reason for the gem cost…

1 Like

Wouldn’t the opposite be true though. You can role play as a girl or guy no problem, animal form or not, with any armour you want if applicable. Classes are your occupation so you should have to (like some games) invest in getting that class and it should take time to switch classes. You can’t just go from a evil dark sorcerer to a holier than though priest with out proper time to repent from your past sins. You can’t go from being a sorcerer to raising the dead without help from deamons and gaining their favor.

I’m utterly baffled that you think it’d be easier and more roleplay authentic to change gender and race than to change occupation…

3 Likes

I mean, technically he’s right. It’s arguably much easier to switch race/gender. Just need a decent chunk of gold to buy a polymorph. Multiclassing is much more restrictive, and gets progressively harder the more you do it and the higher your level goes, and in some cases isn’t even an option. Plus you’ve gotta level up.

That said, it’s a terrible argument. The gem cost should be removed per your original argument, which was based on much more salient grounds. The super light RP fantasy is broken in so many ways it has no legitimacy in my book.

Maybe VIP’s should get an additional perk of being charged less gems to class change depending on your VIP level. (5 Gems less per level?)

Might help incentivize players to pay if they lack the patience. :thinking:

1 Like

Heh. That is certainly one way to monetize the class-switching feature!

For me, removing the Gem Barrier for switching between heroes would be my recommended solution.
It would make it easier to get all the class specific weapon, but it would still hinder me to play different hero classes on different team.
And for me Gow is all about the ability to choose wich team i want to play in every matchup (except arena)

I don’t know about that. In the Final Fantasy series (which is what I’m most familiar with in terms of RPG), there are multiple games with switchable classes, and IIRC none of them had any limitation on switching between any classes you previously unlocked, whenever you want. Some of them are even built on the idea of switching classes in the middle of battle (X-2 and XIII come to mind).

Another thing, Whoever wants to roleplay by keeping the same class, can do it without being forced to do so, they don’t benefit from the restriction. On the other hand, anyone who does not care about roleplaying should not be forced to roleplay - that will not add to their enjoyment of the game, and the game is about having fun yourself, rather than being forced to experience what other people think is fun.

2 Likes

Or better, ADD has multiclass!

To build different teams and have flexibility, I would prefere the hero to be different classes at the same time depending on which team it belongs.
This being said, this means a rework of the interface to allow choosing the class and the weapon. Maybe this will come with 2.0?

I just dont use my hero.
I choose a class and keep it for 250 wins, then change it to another one.
I did level up the first few, but then I decided the souls were better spent in kingdoms.

2 Likes

In-case anyone missed it in the patch announcement today:

"Hero Class Changes
Good news! We’ve been listening to some feedback, and we’re happy to announce that we’re reducing the free hero class change timer from 6 days to 1 day. "

2 Likes

Prease rngeezus

Totally agree with rethinking the gem barrier. As already mentioned I agree with the thought that a player has earned their ability for each class once traited up and done their 250 games, then the class should be free to be used whenever.

1 Like

I might not be happy they lowered it but i can’t complain about the majority getting their way. At least it seems to be a nice compromise.