Campaign Begins: Moon Flask

As much as I can remember, at the bottom of the announcement of an event, there is a link to the game “Latest News”, which contains the full information released.

1 Like

Am I imagining things or did they bump some of the $10 pass rewards out to the $25 pass?

I normally get the $10 pass. But I always look out first to see what I’m getting. I’m seeing less gems, less keys and more dryer lint here this campaign. Cool on the power orb for the big pass, but it really does seem the rest is what you would have gotten before. Still great if you are going whole hog.

Those of us firmly in the no to $25 realm… this might be the first $10 pass I take a pass on. I’m not saying there is no value in the lower pass this time. But it seems like the value went down. So meh. Not a great thanks for paying imho

As long as there is a mythic troop present, I find it hard to argue with the value of the $10 pack. That is a substantial amount of diamonds saved, not to mention time compared to waiting for the Soulforge. The decision is even more clear since the devs are adding books of deeds, or legendary troops that compete with Cedric and Heart of Rage as Vault Key drops.

2 Likes

Oh no. I haven’t played much today so didn’t realize exploding would do this. Ahhhhhh. :sob:

I realy wonder, if i could use lycanthropy for my advantage… imagine a scenario:

doing pure faction 500 run, with something obnoxious like Lyszara’s Lair and getting my own troops transformed into a decent beast… if possible, a summoner one…something with devour
ofc, that would mean my troops would have to be eglible for lycanthropy and that it would trigger and that i would still be able to get it done with transformed troop, but… still LL is such a pain faction with all that randomness…

1 Like

Aaaaand the skip button is still broken (unless you click/tap it at exactly the right nanosecond).

Would it be too much to ask for an update on why this bug has been allowed to persist for nearly a year?

2 Likes

When I asked during the beta, the word was that the existence of the skip button is the bug. There shouldn’t even be a button to press, so the fact that it only works for a fraction of a second will be addressed (eventually) by removing the button rather than extending the interactive period.

1 Like

@cyberkiwi

I know you liked such tables before:

Week Kingdom free pass point elite+ points kingdom skill free stats elite+ stats diff GW week
1 Ghulvania 100 120 life 5 life, 0 attack, 0 armor, 0 magic 5 life, 0 attack, 0 armor, 0 magic 0 0
2 Urskaya 200 240 life 10 life, 0 attack, 0 armor, 0 magic 10 life, 0 attack, 0 armor, 0 magic 0 1
3 Glacial Peaks 300 360 armor 10 life, 0 attack, 5 armor, 0 magic 10 life, 0 attack, 5 armor, 0 magic 0 0
4 Adana 400 480 armor 10 life, 0 attack, 10 armor, 0 magic 10 life, 0 attack, 10 armor, 0 magic 0 0
5 Forest of Thorns 500 600 attack 10 life, 3 attack, 10 armor, 0 magic 10 life, 3 attack, 15 armor, 0 magic 5 armor 0
6 Mist of Scales 600 720 armor 10 life, 3 attack, 15 armor, 0 magic 10 life, 6 attack, 15 armor, 0 magic 3 attack 1
7 Suncrest 700 840 attack 10 life, 6 attack, 15 armor, 0 magic 10 life, 6 attack, 15 armor, 2 magic 2 magic 0
8 Darkstone 800 960 magic 10 life, 6 attack, 15 armor, 2 magic 15 life, 6 attack, 15 armor, 2 magic 5 life 0
9 Merlantis 900 1080 life 15 life, 6 attack, 15 armor, 2 magic 15 life, 6 attack, 15 armor, 4 magic 2 magic 0
10 Maugrim Woods 1000 1200 life 15 life, 6 attack, 15 armor, 4 magic 15 life, 6 attack, 15 armor, 4 magic 0 1
5 Likes

I added up the rewards, thought others might be interested.

Free track:

• Artifact bonuses

• 30 Glory Keys
    8 Gem Keys
    2 Event Keys
    48 Gold Keys

• 7,350 Souls
    17,500 Gold
    80 Chaos Shards
    600 Shards

• 48 White Pet Food
    78 Minor traitstones
    48 Runic traitstones
    16 Treasure Maps
    90 Sapphires
    90 Emeralds

• 3 Books of Nature Deeds
    360 Writs

Elite pass:

• 40 Glory Keys
    20 Gem Keys
    16 Event Keys
    120 Gold Keys

• 6,000 Souls
    80,000 Gold
    1,000 Glory
    180 Gems
    300 Chaos Shards
    2,000 Shards

• 100 Minor traitstones
    27 Runic traitstones
    22 Arcane traitstones
    3 Celestial traitstones

• 3 Books of Nature Deeds

• Treasures (10 Coin Purses, 5 Gold Rung, 2 Priest’s Chalice, 2 King’s Crown)
    Tokens (4 Gaard Token, 3 Yasmine Token, 2 Orgeus Tokens, 2 Aranea Tokens)
    Ingots (375 Common Ingot, 75 Rare Ingots, 15 Ultra Rare Ingots, 3 Epic Ingots)

• 100 White Pet Food
    160 Green Pet Food

• 26 Buckee pets
    16 Wereravens (epic troops)
    1 The Moon (legendary troop)
    1 Hatir & Scroll (mythic troop)
    1 Chat Title
    1 Portrait
    2 Emoji Sets

Elite+ pass:

• 1 Orb of Power

• 2 Epic Vault Keys
    1,000 Glory
    3,000 Souls
    60,000 Gold
    300 Gems

• 40 Glory Keys
    30 Gem Keys
    16 Event Keys
    120 Gold Keys

I wish I had the same for the previous campaign to be able to compare. The only difference I clearly remember is the previous campaign included 2 Imperial Deeds on the elite pass, which are missing here. There’s also no new weapon included. Going off that and faulty memory, the elite+ rewards are way better (hello orb of power! :star_struck: ), but elite rewards seem worse.

And the “free” rewards are so sad looking :frowning:

6 Likes

Edited for end-endgamers. :grin:

7 Likes

Campaign is literally only worth doing for free players for the Books of Deeds, I guess count the measly amount of writs, too… The extra stats aren’t worth the time the campaign takes.

3 Likes

Unless you’re Bracket 1-10, probably, especially now that skips make the time commitment pretty minimal, imo.

These tasks are finally actually as-advertised: able to be completed just by playing the way you already do.

3 Likes

Other than the books of deeds, it’s hard to call them rewards at all, especially since (up to this point) many campaign weeks have required the spending of Keys to complete a task. We can debate the value of books of deeds vs keys but free players have always had to spend more keys than they get back, which makes it a resource sink (albeit a slow one) to play the campaign.

The free rewards are junk on purpose to convince people to buy a pa$$. That’s it. There’s zero reason to make them rewarding.

(Note that I am fine with paying players getting more goodies. It would just be nice if free players could feel like they’re being given a cool prize too instead of random crap pulled from someone’s dusty junk drawer.)

I’m fine with the free tier offering minimal rewards. I think this is a good way for a F2P game to make money. Pay to speed up grinding. :+1: But…

I’m less OK with campaigns costing items like keys and jewels. Rerolling fixes that. But if there wasn’t a bad design to begin with (paying resources), would rerolling be necessary?

It’s also weird that there is no grinding for some resources, like writs. Pay to speed up grinding? Good thing! But you can’t grind writs or deeds. It’s a paid exclusive. :-1:

TLDR: Let people pay to speed up grinding, but don’t have exclusives in a paid track that can’t be obtained with any amount of grinding.

1 Like

Well now, that’s not true. How much time do you have to spare on Arena weekends?

2 Likes

These forums really need a dislike button @Grundulum :rofl:

5 Likes

I don’t think this is necessarily true though? You were going to use the keys to open chests; and the campaign tasks have you … use the keys … to open chests.

I don’t see this as the campaign consuming resources; the keys weren’t lost, all that happened is that they were spent maybe a little earlier than they otherwise would have been. Which yeah, might be annoying if you’re saving keys for a specific event.

The Summoning Stone tasks are more of a resource sink as I would never normally spend jewels on them.

(And that said: free track here and the rewards aren’t motivational at all; mostly I play the campaign for fun and for the stats boost.)

The keys were lost for anyone who didn’t need a troop from the kingdom of the week. And, really, the only troops that are really “smart” to fish for with event keys are legendaries :man_shrugging:

Rerolls completely solves this issue for me, so it’s not nearly as much of a complaint, that everyone had to “waste” a couple dozen, but it was annoying and a waste prior to rerolls, imo.

5 Likes

If you are saving keys, then you’re wasting keys when using it outside that event. I save my keys for kingdoms I am missing a mythic in. I don’t want to be forced to use the keys for a kingdom I already have all troops in.

Reroll fixes this, thankfully, though arguably this type of task never should have existed

4 Likes

It’s all about timing. Mowing the lawn while it’s covered in two feet of snow is bad timing. Spending keys while there’s nothing in chests you want is also bad timing. Forcing players into bad timing is a resource sink.

10 Likes