Campaign Begins: Moon Flask

I believe I agreed with this view in my reply. I’m fine with the paying folk getting more…but F2P should still feel rewarding, since it’s being called “rewards”.

Event Keys specifically have been one of the most nerfed resources. They are the only way outside of a Mythic’s new release week and the Soulforge to attempt to target a specific Mythic. They are also the only way to try for a new Legendary troop upon release.

To one who has a lot of resources, spending a couple per week might not mean much, but for the bulk of the playerbase who are not flush with resources, every one of these is more impactful, especially with the pace at which new Legendary troops have been coming out.

I’m sure the devs/community team would be happy to tell us how we’re getting more “Gem value” from the rewards than we pay in, but the term “Gem value” minimizes the importance of some currencies in the game - namely, what those currencies can be used for.

When Legendary Tasks were nerfed to have Gems removed from the reward table, the playerbase was told we’d get more Gem value in trade (I believe it was roughly 5% more?). Well, the value of Gems is that they have such a wide variety of uses - and taking away, for example, 20 Gems and giving 3 Gem Keys in trade, while being of higher “Gem value”, is actually of less utility. A Key can only open a chest, while Gems can be used for a crazy range of things - including buying chests, if the player wishes.

So, sure, most of us would eventually use those Event Keys anyway, and of course the Keys still give the defined items at the defined odds in exchange for their use, but what is taken away is the player’s control over when to spend their resources.

I’m not asking to spend 2 Event Keys and get 10 back. No one is asking the devs to give “everything” (whatever that means) away for free. However, I don’t think it unreasonable to spend 2 and get 3 or 4…you know, so you feel rewarded for parting with an extremely gated resource.

As previously stated, rerolls are a bandaid for these, but I don’t think a task should exist that takes more than it gives. It’s the principle of the thing.

I also agree here.

This is the crux of the issue. Rewards should be motivational. The devs obviously put a lot of time into designing Campaigns, so why not entice as many players as possible to play them?

3 Likes

You did. I was just agreeing with you. :slight_smile:

1 Like