[BUG REPORT] Pvp points

Erm screenshot self explanatory

2 Likes

I find this objectionable as a forum user and as a software developer. It might be obvious to you, it won’t be obvious to newer players using the forum. Experienced players and devs might see something other than what you think they should see.

The devs provide a template for bug reports. This helps reports to be clear about what was observed and what was expected - often it’s the reporter’s expectation which is wrong, not the code. If you can provide information to replicate the issue it will generally be easier and quicker to fix.

If we as a community are going to give the dev team a hard time about their inaction in resolving issues, then the least we can do is provide clear and helpful information as we throw more bugs onto the heap.

I suggest that the OP edit their post and fill in the fields requested in the template.

For convenience and for anybody who hasn’t had the pleasure of creating a bug report in the forum, this is a copy of the template.

**Platform, device version and operating system:**

**Screenshot or image:**

**What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened:**
_REPLACE THIS TEXT WITH YOUR ISSUE. e.g. This is simply what you were trying to do and what happened instead. ‘I was trying to start an Arena battle, but Gems of War loaded Broken Spire quest instead!’_

**How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?**
_REPLACE THIS TEXT WITH YOUR ISSUE. e.g.  Was this a once-off bug or has it been a consistent issue? Does it only happen after doing a particular game mode?_

**Steps to make it happen again**
_REPLACE THIS TEXT WITH YOUR ISSUE. e.g.  Sometimes there are certain steps that can lead to a problem that may not be obvious! Example: I lose once in the Arena, I then exit to the world map, select broken Spire on the Map and enter Arena. broken spire's quest lost instead._
10 Likes

Whether or not it’s obvious to you or the Devs, it is helpful to provide more context so that other players who have similar issues can not only find this and see whether or not it’s being addressed, but also add their own experiences to it. Also, the more information you add, the more likely it’ll get addressed by Devs.

My understanding is that either:

• It did not say 80 points when you went into the match (actual bug); or
  • This is the highest number of PvP points you’ve ever seen in a match (RNG jackpot).
4 Likes

The highest number of pvp points possible is 70. Therefore a bug.

Most likely 80 points is now the highest possible due to the increase in team scores (confirmed by your own SS). But if you want Salty to come and tell you that this isn’t a bug then I completely understand. I’m sure they wrote somewhere years ago that 70 was the highest possible and never mentioned that it would scale over time.

Yeah but I checked actual point received in stats… 70

Useful information that could be included with your report :slight_smile:

Turns out, not self explanatory.

9 Likes