Bounties

I like the idea of Bounties. Unlike Raid and Invasion, the rewards are granular enough that I always feel like I can reach the next one. And unlike Raid and Invasion, I control what reward I get. I don’t need to play a game of chicken to see which five of my guild members are going to spend an hour and 2 sigils to help us get to that last portal.

Getting irritated by the number of Lamias I keep running into, but we’ll see if that continues till rank 20.

it does sadly

Humph, looks like it takes 16 minutes to pull a troop out of the Chest table (Bountyhunter), and 16 weeks to put a missing one into the Chest table (Totem Guardian) :yum::wink:

5 Likes

Would you expect anything different, they know what they’re doing.

3 Likes

Well, if we get 4 per days, I guess I can open #17. 18 would depend on Valraven

1 Like

Shop should be the same with the same price. It’s the reward requirements that should be higher :wink: .

Ice Wraith ’ Chill Touch’ seems broken. I can not get the mana steal to work on a frozen enemy. X1.

I can confirm it’s working on iOS, at least.

Hmmm it’s been working fine for me on x1 so far. Does the enemy have mana to steal (I assume so but always better to ask :wink:

Of course.

Working for me too on X1. Does the enemy have immunity to drain maybe?

Go it myself. I was killing them with Ice Touch. You have to leave them alive to steal.

Anyhow… Very odd my Steal attempts on the first group of enemies went like 0/4 (maybe 5). Now I’m 5/5.

Brevity is the spice of life.

And I suppose variety is the soul of wit?

2 Likes

WHO THE frig thought it was a good idea to put the difficult troops in so early?? Round 8 was all level 30s with all 3 traits… using the two crap bounty hunters is killing my teams ability to work since they’re utterly useless.
The only thing keeping me alive is my one fully traited mythic and a legendary with one trait… rank 400ish.

And hassenpfeffer is the solace of royalty!

1 Like

I have the same feeling. Using 2 bounty troops and x13 multiplier gives me 2600 points. All rewards cumulative require 200k+ points though. This will require at least 80 sigils. Comparing it to raids and invasions, where obtaining the last reward was relatively easy, it can be assumed that bounty point system is miscalculated.

EDIT: FYI, Gorgotha+Emperina+2 any troops wrecks em all.

1 Like

My initial math was wrong, I have made a note in my first post to clarify. Damn numbers.

Anyway. I’ve almost run through my initial Tier IV sigils. I swapped away from pure bounty troops after losing a couple fights in the 15-16 range, plus it was getting so mind-numbingly slow that I was just screwing up trying to go faster.

Now running Gorgotha Mercy Infernus and Ice Wraith, just cruising through the final fight over and over. Worth half points but in 1/10th of the time and I’m actually getting the damn things.

I seem to need about 12-15 fights more than I will have, if I want to get that next Vault Key. But, y’know what, it doesn’t matter since Vaults aren’t worth a damn anyway…?

To answer some questions:

You get the whole bounty multiplier even if bounty-hunter troops perish.
You do not get any points if you lose.
You do not get any sigils from Valravens if you lose (as before).

2 Likes

Not 35,000 for Reward 19. 35000 plus the sum of every other reward point before it, which is 200,000 bounty points for reward 20, and 135,000 points for reward 19.(looks like you’ve already figured out this part by the time I posted) The expectation for Valravens is to trend toward doubling your base sigils if you get every single one, by the way, with the more battles you do, the more likely you’ll be close to double the amount of sigils you started with, so you’d likely see at most 52 battles +/- 4.

Given that under the best (read, basically impossible to achieve) conditions, reward 20 stills look out of reach with a tier 4 purchase, because you aren’t getting every valraven and finishing the level 20 battle every single time with a team completely full of useless troops. You’d still be short with perfect battles if they were all ascended to epic. You’d be slightly closer if you orb’d the bounty captain up to mythic, had the others at epic, and played perfectly the entire time (again, not going to happen), but I find it hard to believe that is the intended path, keeping in mind that the number of points required to reach the rewards are supposed to be reduced for this bounty event.

So lets look at it the other way, if it really was 35,000 points to reach 19 and 65,000 points to reach reward 20 total. Out of a t4 purchase with 52 perfectly played battles, you’d have a base score of 8500 if you only did every battle once and then repeated battle 20. In order to reach 65,000, you need an average multiplier of 7.6 in your battles, or two bounty troops in the later batltes, which seems much more sensible. Given that the other events were tuned to be almost possible with a t3 purcahse, lets look at that. 21 base sigils, the expectation of which would be about 42 total battles. 2100 + 22 * 200 or 6500 base score. You need a x10 modifier, on average, with completely perfect plays, just within the realm of possibility with completely perfect plays, good valraven luck (not landing on the minus on those last couple sigils), an ultra-rare bounty captain (x6) and two base rarity bounty troops (x2 each), which would lead to some very difficult battles and more than likely some lost Valravens. Since nearly all of the score comes from the later battles, stacking bounty troops for earlier runs won’t buy you much room for error in later rounds. Again, this is with the required points being reduced this week. The expectation would be around 90k to finish later bounty events where we can expect (two months from now) to be able to use two bounty troops (ultra-rare captain, epic+ other, or two mythic others) and have this be reachable.

This one is a lot more ambiguous, since you actually can, on paper, achieve the scores necessary with this investment, but anybody that has progressed that far should be able to tell that if t3/t4 was intended for the event to be completeable, then it is either by far the worst of the events, or the numbers are wrong. Bounty Stage 7 is already obnoxious with full bounty troops, two ascended to ultra-rare and two still at rare, which is where I got with a t3 purchase. I can’t imagine doing this all the way through, then another 20+ times at max level to get in the 80k total points range and still be a few full rewards short of finishing the event (and less than half the total score needed, less than a third of the way if we assume a 33% jump in point requirements next time). If the scores are in the intended range, this will be the one and only time I even give bounty hunting a look beyond using two previous-mythic bounty troops with two actually usable troops to burn out all my sigils.

tl;dr: Looks like the same data-entry error on the rewards table that plagued Invasions on the opening. Give this another look please?

12 Likes

Also keep in mind this is the “easy” version of Bounties. It was stated that the reward tiers are 20-25% less than they would be in a “normal” Bounty event, and they’re being “nice” to us since in the next Bounty event we get to reuse the troops we already have.

4 Likes