Bounties

Below is my net rewards up to #16.
(#17 looks like it’d be very hard to reach with Tier IV - if I used a team with two bounty troops instead of one for the hard stages, and avoided those unnecessary losses earlier… I’ve got 4 fights today and 4 tomorrow, plus Valravens which makes it about 10-12 total left. It could be done, maybe still with the one bounty troop.)

The Gems and Gem Keys at the bottom there is worth 260 Gems. Which is 2/3 of what I spent on Tier IV. But… this has been so painfully slow that it doesn’t seem worth it at all.

Oh and…

Vault Key is worth 30 Gems.

4 Celestials is good though, I only have 40 of those and we keep getting more Mythics.

3 Likes

Dear devs, I’ve spent around 30 min in 20th Bounty Battle.
That Coral Golem troop is unbeatable. He gains 38 life and armor with each cast, this and his Stoneskin trait makes him unkillable. (38+38)*2 is 152 effective durability! He gains armor and life back faster than I can hit him!

Is it intentional?

5 Likes

Raid came out. I was surprised at how boring it was and was disappointed in it.

Invasion came out. I was surprised at how it was just a lazy reskinning of Raid and was disappointed in it.

Bounty came out. As expected, it was just a lazy reskinning of Raid/Invasion. I am disappointed in it, but no longer surprised.

From these events I have now lost faith in the dev team and expect a bunch of lazy P2W junk from them. Is that the progress they intended?

14 Likes

Nobody think it’s weird to hear valraven doing same noise then gnome? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

They have the excuse that it is now a problem with the publisher and they gotta capitalize as much as possible before the game is dead.

That doesn’t mean you should take your marginally injured dog out back and start pumping him full of 12 gauge buck shot to speed up that minor scratch on his ear…

4 Likes

I think the Valveran’s are bugged to not give their sigils on a loss. I just killed one on pc, lost the fights, and didn’t get the sigils.

They are not supposed to give you the sigils if you lose. It’s intentional.

Same for gnomes, you don’t get their rewards if you lose the fight.

I’m beginning to think I’m treating these new game modes entirely the wrong way. Up to now I’ve been paying gems for what can only be summed up as horrible return on investment. Sure, some players might be ecstatic about winning minor/major/runic trait stones, a bunch of souls and a pile of gold, all for a few hundred gems. For me, it’s wasting increasingly scarce gems (also known as mythic pulls) on a pile of junk I would hesitate to redeem if handed out for free.

Note to self, don’t buy a single event tier, ever. Just grab the rewards offered by the free sigils, it’s the only way to actually benefit. As a huge bonus, I’ll even have to force myself through a lot less horribly repetitive fights, I’d rather play Explore, PvP or Arena for much more substantial rewards instead. The troops I’m missing out on will eventually show up in chests, as a side product of trying to obtain the latest mythic.

Two things that might make me reconsider:
1.) Change the pay-to-play currency to something other than Gems, e.g. Souls or Maps.
2.) Change the rewards to let me pick what I consider rewarding, e.g. buying Diamonds, Gems and Orbs for event points, as many times as I have points.

13 Likes

I still don’t understand why they don’t get bring in an intern to “Test/Play” these new things once. You don’t even need anyone with QA/Testng experience to find a lot of these problems immediately.

2 Likes

Absolutely what I’m doing starting next week. It’s just going to take longer to have everything, but oh well.

1 Like

as Goodwill Narf! says, its working as intended, you have to win the battle to get the sigiles.

I’ve been playing this game for 3 months now and it seems I am riding the backdraft/rollback of a once great game.

10 Likes

Hi, I have 375 gems and 0 mythics, (only lvl 165). Its worth it use some gems to bounty troops and play this event?

Thanks!

No. This event will not give you mythics. It will give you an orb of some kind that in about 10-45 years you’ll be able to use to craft a useless mythic. :face_with_thermometer:

7 Likes

So I think is better to save the gems to buy 50 gem keys once I have 450 gems.

1 Like

In general, this is shaping up to be the truth.

The “best” payout from this event comes if you spend about 1,000 gems. In return, you get items worth about 300-400 gems.

So ESPECIALLY if you have no mythics, there is absolutely no reason to bother with gems for this event.

1 Like

Hi All

Been thinking about the bounties and got a formulae:

(9.5+X)×200×Y=200000

Where X is the number of times you battle last level and Y is the multiplier. The 9.5 is the points scored getting to the last level.

To simplify we have

(9.5+X)×Y=1000

For a multiplier of 16 I need

9.5+X=1000/16

X=62.5 - 9.5 = 53

So I would need to win 53 battles with a base 200 score to unlock final reward

1 Like

My young daughter only bought to tier 3 and easily reached reward 12 (so 2 Orbs) and still has 7 sigils left.
She’s at fight 16 and started loosing, so she just grabs points for lower levels.
I think it’s a good trade off.

Not totally sure I agree with you there. I spent 90 gems for shop tier 2 and anticipate being able to finish reward tier 13. That will get me 60 of my 90 gems back, 2 orbs of chaos, 17 gem keys, 15 diamonds, a vault key, and some souls, gold, and traitstones.

Admittedly, I have the troops to win reliably at the final stage, but many others should be able to come close to this.

You want the final rewards, yeah, you need to spend big. But you can get a pretty good ROI by spending small.

3 Likes