Bounties

I’m right there with you, man. Though, I knew I was being ripped off when I bought the tiers. I just figured: “Hey, they’re new game modes, I can live a little.”

But, there is no way I’m doing this every week. No way, man. Even if I could afford it, it’s just ridiculous. Like you though, my thoughts may change if they rework some stuff.

Same here, man. This is the last week/event I’m “throwing caution to the wind.” Once the new week starts, I’m not spending any gems on these new modes. I refuse.

2 Likes

But a noob player like me with a few of legendaries and 0 mythics maybe its better safe the gems for chests…

As someone who has been playing for about 16 months, I would say that’s accurate. It started going “downhill” around the time I hit my 1 year mark. By the time the New Years hit, this game was a shell of its former self. Or, more accurately, a perversion of its former self.

By the way, welcome, and I’m sorry you didn’t get to see the game in its better days.

I hope you do stick around, though. It can be fun, just don’t fall for these traps like Raids and Invasions and such. Just stick to building up kingdoms, traiting and leveling cards, making good teams (and good friends) and you’ll be okay. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

What are your legendaries?

@Sirrian @Nimhain What are the prizes / rewards?

Lackluster, unimaginative and impossible to obtain for anyone who isn’t wealthy to BUY

4 Likes

Behemoth, maw, titania, king highforge, bone dragon, crimson bat, orion and gog and gud.

2 Likes

3 Likes

I bought tier 4 and made it to reward 17. Doesn’t look like I’ll be reaching 20th reward without investing more gems. I would be inclined to do so if i knew both major orbs were not gonna be growth orbs.

2 Likes

Not sure this is even worth trying? Does anyone like the 3rd P2W invasion/raid mode?

1 Like

Well if you check the leaderboard you will see there is plenty people who love it lol

I hope more than 50 people still play this game? The leaderboard is not a good measure.

Also, some players got the troops with gold and glory keys. Why should the rest of us pay??

1 Like

Your best bet is to pair maw with a mercy (or use it by itself) and devour a troop other than coral golem. Risky, I’d say.

Anyways, you can postpone any judgment about buying any packs until Sunday. This way you see how far you are from what you would like to get.

But early on you are better using gem keys to get core troops, IMO

2 Likes

Well when these 50 people will run out of gems and decide to buy gems for real money, these 50 people will be enough to keep the game running and let people like you and me play for free :slight_smile:

5 Likes

That… 10 chars

Maybe if we stop playing new modes they will go away.

3 Likes

Agree. Given the hard right shift to Pay to Win, I must admit I am tempted to sit this event out and simply wait until the troops are in chests. Spending lots of gems for random chaos orbs is not so hot for me. The orbs are good, but the total randomness of it all is a huge disappointment.

2 Likes

Since the rewards were relatively thin on the raids and invasions, the primary thing that was motivating me to try as hard as I did was the benefit to the rest of my guild. Since Bounties has no impact on our guilds whatsoever, we’re all completely free to make the decision that makes sense to us individually. I’ll consider my own investment of time and gems versus the rewards I can extract and make my decision from there. If it makes sense for me to ignore this mode going forward, I will, and you can too.

I think it is nice that this mode is completely obligation-free. You don’t need to do this any more than you do Treasure Hunt, Arena, PVP, Challenges or anything else that you find boring or distasteful.

18 Likes

This month, pretty much all bounty rewards are completely inaccessible without “buying in”. Next month (assuming the troops hit chests before the bounty event starts and you can mythic them from gold chests), you should be able to stretch your free sigils into about 20k-25k points (2 mythic past bounty troops for x12, 2 real troops, 20-24 battles, getting every valraven and victory possible). If the point accumulation for the rewards is correct, this will get you to Reward 13 (accounting for a 33% increase in points next time). If the values are entered incorrectly currently, this should get you just short of reward 17 or 18 (again, accounting for the prospective 33% increase because the current numbers are ~25% lower). For the former, buying anything other shop tier to get you the next immediate is patently not worth it, as you can see the exact “value” of said items you’d get as potential rewards for buying in. If the latter was true, you are then trading a few hundred gems plus the time and effort to complete the event for the prospect of more greater orbs, which is again extremely subjective - worth it to some people, not worth it to others. Personally, I view orbs as nothing more than a distraction that doesn’t really help with the game’s actual goals and therefore not something I’m going to chase unless I have enough “extra” gems to feel secure in going after them. I have about 38,000 gems right now and it still feels wasteful to buy in… I’m doing a bit to test, but I see no reason to next time it comes around.

This week, because mythic bounty hunter troops aren’t on the table at all since this is the first week without going through the shop, it is much harder, even with the supposed 25% reduction. You won’t get past about Reward 9 without any bounty troops assuming the numbers are correct and you still wont breach reward 11 if there is that same data entry error. Because of this, you might be able to recoup more of your costs this week, because you start at a lower baseline for what is and is not available to you for “free” (for your time expenditure).

Either way, figure out how much spending will give you and if it is worth it from there to participate in the rewards from the event. Be sure to include how much your time is worth and what you’d get just for spending time without currency. If the rewards aren’t worth it, don’t buy in. This will, in turn, show up in their data. This event is entirely voluntary with no outside pressure and thus is a better indication of what is and is not worth the rewards. It probably won’t get them to change it, at least not immediately, but if they see their system is not being engaged with an is ineffective as a gem sink, maybe the next attempt will be better.

8 Likes