Bone Dragon Nerf Incoming 1.0.9!

So you honestly have a less than 50:50 chance of getting an extra turn when you spawn less than 16 skulls? Even on a skull free board spawning that many skulls and not getting an extra turn should be considered bad luck. With increasing numbers of skulls already on the board when firing the spell it should be more and more improbable not getting an extra turn by spawning that many skulls.

By low i mean something around 10 to 15(most of my used troops start battles with armor ratings of 20-30) . And with 12-15 Skulls spawned you should have good chances of keeping the turn, obviously again how good exactly the chance is is also depending on how the board looks before. Firing it on Skull-less boards decreases your chances and may not be the best cause of action…

I know. I wasn’t trying to be harsh or anything. :slight_smile:[quote=“Eika, post:20, topic:4298”]
16 cost as Sheggra and KoS, then make him create 6-7 skulls. Ratio 2:1 stays the same.
[/quote]
That could be fine. My concern of course would be with the 2:1 ratio above all. Imagine in about 6 months when more armor kingdoms come out and many more players start to get 2x armor kingdoms.

1 Like

A player could actually have 40 skulls on the map without having a single 3 match. They would have to be arranged very specifically, but still only getting more then 40 skulls on the board gives you a 100% chance of an extra turn, anything below that has a chance of misfiring. Of course the less skulls on the board, greater the risk.

Sorry to disagree, but it’s still very much too good, especially with armor values slowly going up due to 5* kingdoms. The best gem spawners currently seem to be capped at 10 of a color, which actually appears to work quite well in the risk/reward department. Rule of thumb, if a fourth of the board is covered in one color, you’ll likely get an extra turn. I don’t really see why Bone Dragon should cover half the board in skulls, which basically guarantees multiple subsequent skull match turns, on top of the other perks.

Reasonable changes:

• Set skull generation to 10, keep armor shred and armor gain. Top level troop, some risk involved if fired with few skulls present. Needs Skeleton rework to really get appreciated.
  • Create skulls based on own armor shredded, remove armor gain. God level troop, needs proper team setup for a second nuke to kill the sorry remains that survived the first nuke.

I understand that this opinion won’t be popular, similar to nerfing Sheggra and Sheggra’s Heart. For both it currently doesn’t take more than one cast to put you in a position where you are very, very, very unlikely to still lose the match. I’m honest enough to admit that this isn’t exactly good for balance purposes, as much as I like waltzing though hordes of enemies, with my eyes closed while juggling trait stones.

1 Like

I don’t see how setting the skull generation to 10 helps at all. I like the concept of creating skulls based on own armor shredded though, sort of like Hydra… definitely would have to have the armor gain removed for clarity purposes though (which you said).

1 Like

I think if BD is going to have any changes maybe have its primary function to destroy armor and that’s it. So maybe destroy enemy armor, gain armor 2:1 of which was destroyed, gain an extra turn. Mine as well remove the skull generation all together because of the skull generation isn’t going to be enough to get multiple turns off of, let’s be honest, BD won’t ever be used because it will be more harmful than helpful.

I was really excited to get Bone Dragon before I got him but then using him there were a few times when he fired and didn’t give me a 4/5 match. Filled the board with skulls and then my turn over. Opponent wiped me out with my skulls. He is overpowered until like others have said there is no armor to draw from then . . .

Keeper of Souls is my choice for the control of where the skulls are created. Do what you want to BD. Lol.

I’m thoroughly with @tacet and @Shimrra on this one.

Bone Dragon in the late game is just broken. Each cast, for only 14 mana, does:

• halve the hit points of one enemy (break say 25+ armour)
  • create 20+ skulls on the board which is a guaranteed super match and extra turn
  • kill one troop accordingly
  • set up at least one skull match (and often 4+ or a chain) on the second troop

Just to simplify, that reads (in a typical late game pvp as I see it):

• deal 65 damage to my first troop
  • deal 40 damage to my second troop
  • deal 25 damage to another troop
    …and for just 14 mana…

For me it’s a smart bomb even in the hands of the useless AI. To quote our charming correspondent @pasa, matching against a Bone Dragon for me is a coin toss (and an ill-favoured one if a Green Slime is there to power it).

I skip Bone Dragons whenever I see them. And I see them on about half defence teams as I invade… So I do a lot of skipping…

4 Likes

Did you know that a full grown man can stand inside a Blue Whale’s mouth?
True, but irrelevant.

4 Likes