Bone Dragon Gets a BUFF?

Precisely.

This was with regular colored Gems. Honestly when ever that 100 5-match Task comes up I just play 1-2 games with Treeant, Alch, Valk, Banshee. Done without even delaying or excessively looping. You really just need a few “good” blobs.

1 Like

As someone pointed out though, BD wouldn’t even be an issue if the spell worked correctly. So what would a nerf fix? He is pretty much a balanced troop aside from the skull spam working more than once. Again I don’t find this to be an issue at all, but in reality if they can’t fix it then what?

If he was never intended to work that way, then it’s a fix not a nerf. Maybe they’ll take a look at it, but they must’ve either forgot or found the time spent to fix vs. issue at hand to be too low.

A nerf would have to be a temporary measure. Like they did with The Dragon Soul and the Kraken.

It all comes down to the fact that we all want some variety in PVP. The devs have acknowledge that they want it too. Right now for high level folks, there’s ZERO variety. Bone Dragon is in every match I’m offered, sometimes with Manticores, sometimes with Courage, but always Bone Dragon.

What if they changed bone dragon to be a one-shot spell? (just spit balling here)

Would that really be the fix, though? I agree that Skull calculations sort of throw up their hands when the board gets full and go, "Okay I don’t know anymore but basically this one dies," but the justification for Sheggra’s nerf so long ago now was as follows:

The bit about “EVERY time was the right time” rings true for Bone Dragon today in endgame play (and Sheggra’s nerf was about endgame play, the scaling with Magic was no problem for leveling). There’s no strategy to his spell – you use it as soon as you can, the only thing to be “careful” about is if the enemy has already been stripped of armor.

4 Likes

Wouldn’t really change anything. One shot of his spell has on more than one occasion wiped out 3 of my 4 troops in one turn. One shot of his spell procs Courage and gives the entire enemy team over 50+ bonus attack.

soothsayer soothsayer herdmaster bat deck kills the bone dragon fairly easy in 2manticores, bd deck

against courage bd teams - avatar team - like alchemist hellcat mercy avatar. or instead of mercy - manticore

1 Like

I could see them nerfing him a bit too, only to future-proof him further for the armor increases. If it’s not now, it would be later. They really need to take a look at several troops for the same reasons. I think it’s a bit like picking apples from oranges. There’s several troops that cause the same devastation, just in a different form.

Oh yeah and we can’t forget that armor is not really an issue for true damage, but then people would say we’re being forced to use one type of team yada yada.

1 Like

this sound less like bone dragon is the problem, and more like courage is the problem.

It all comes back to how the board counts matches. Wouldn’t be such a glaring issue if a massive blob like that gave Behemoth 60+ life, for example, but it doesn’t.

It’s not about beating those teams. There’s a handful of teams that can beat BD builds. The problem is that we’re stuck playing that handful of teams because every match is the same BD builds.

Maybe add queen mob ability to freeze opponents to teams without bone dragons :blush:

this is the same problem the great maw had, And do not worry, the ai is in-fact confirmed getting a facelift, however pc/app players will not be the guinea pigs of it.

This has nothing to do with the AI.

1 Like

if the issue is how the ai handles damage calculations, then it is an ai issue. Bone dragon skull spamming and not handling the damage correctly, could be an ai issue and not bone dragons’s fault.

You are using “AI” and “software logic” interchangeably. The issue at hand affects both sides of the board (player turn as well).

2 Likes

It directly applied to the points you were making.

Do you know whats worse than seeing bone dragon and manti most of the time? Listening to you moan about it all of the time.

Can easily be dampened by increasing the variety of invades. It should have been done a long time ago, who knows if theyll ever bother doing it, probably not.

1 Like

Obviously, listening to me “moan” about it must not be that bad. Otherwise, you wouldn’t keep reading the thread and replying to me.

Well that sure is ignorant when bone dragon can get up his skill in as little as two turns… three tops. If that’s the only colors the AI go after you cannot say the opponent deserves to lose… no way can you mana block in time. And if you have even a somewhat unlucky start you can very easily have bone dragon use his skill. He is incredibly fast.

Most teams are incapable of going so fast and not everyone likes to use the one or two best meta teams every match…

1 Like