Bone Dragon Gets a BUFF?

Gards Avatar needs a nerf before Bone Dragon.

How does one multiply words?

Baloney. Gard’s Avatar is a Mythic, if you’re going to nerf him, you might as well start nerfing the Horsemen too. Furthermore, he was released the way he is for a reason - he’s part of the new power creep.

Bone Dragon, on the other hand, was created before the current power creep. It needs to be adjusted.

Gards Avatar is stronger than the Horsemen.

Why does it matter if a troop is developed after an imaginary power creep start time or comes along with them by scaling with the games increasing stats? They are both non-blue so serve the same purpose - eliminating the dominant blue mana troops.

Mythics have shown to be nothing special in general. Their rarity and trait requirements are simply for a resource sink.

And that has precisely zilch to do with Bone Dragon…

When a single troop can kill an entire team in one turn, it’s broken. Gard can’t do that. None of the other Mythics can do that. In fact, there isn’t a troop in the game that can do that. Except of course for Bone Dragon.

Maw could do that, and he got nerfed.

The precedent is set - Bone Dragon is broken. It has to be fixed. Period.

2 Likes

Actually Gard’s Avatar can do that, and does regularly. With the right team composition and traits, Gard is easily the most op troop in game.

It takes several turns to charge Gard’s Avatar in the first place.

It takes AT MOST 2 turns to charge Bone Dragon. The two aren’t even remotely comparable. When you add in Courage (or even 2) it gets messy real fast because the entire enemy team has an attack of 80 or above.

1 Like

What I’m not sure you guys understand is that Bone Dragon’s spell is actually broken.

When you match 4 gems, that’s one match. When you match 5, that’s one match. If you get a lucky drop and match a cross shape with 8 gems, that’s still only one match. If the gems are contiguous, meaning touching, they count as 1 match. Other mana generators function that way.

Bone Dragon fills the screen with skulls, they’re all TOUCHING. It SHOULD count as one match of 30 skulls or whatever. But it doesn’t. It counts as multiple matches. Meaning it completely circumvents things like Barrier because the first “match” takes down the barrier and the troop then takes damage from the rest. That single “match” of 30+ skulls procs Courage’s 3rd trait 6-8 times or MORE. It should only proc once, because it’s only one match.

It’s broken. Even the devs have said it shouldn’t work that way. They just don’t know how to fix it. So in the interim, they’re going to have to nerf Bone Dragon or risk losing long-time players.

4 Likes

With respect to the devs, that scenario should be really easy to simulate and model, if it were actually of priority to fix. The question would be, by nerfing large clusters of skulls (and maybe color gems in the process), what more “innocent” troops would be affected?

2 Likes

Here we go again, one player threatening the devs with an entire community quitting. You happen to have your finger so on the pulse that you know if bone dragon doesn’t get fixed, tons of people are going to walk away?

Secondly if you can’t kill BD fast enough, then I suggest getting a better team. We’re not talking Manticore annoying here.

4 Likes

I just did a test with Jarl and IK.

I cast IK spell to create what is essentially a blob of 11 gems. Jarl’s Huge trait proc’d one time. He gained 2 life total.

I remember when such an occurrence happened. It was when troops that gain bonus effects if the board had 10 specific gems on it was switched to 13. This was in attempt to nerf mab, but it hit a larger field of troops.

It’s not about needing a better team. It’s about BD being flat out broken. Like I said before, the devs have even acknowledged it, so it’s not something people have pulled out of thin air.

You knew what I meant.

If he was so flat out broken he would’ve been an issue long before the M,M,DB,BD defense meta we have now. I would argue that, that team wouldn’t even be as successful without Manticores.

That team only became a meta when people originally thought there was a problem with the stealth trait. Nimhain was testing it herself to find out, from there it exploded. She called the team evil, and it is. Not because of BD, but Manticore. Also it is easily defeatable.

We go back to the same argument over and over, should a troop be nerfed because it’s annoying? Not OP.

@htismaqe @Lyya
Yeah, I reported this counting bug months and months ago. But it really wasn’t a big issue at all so I ignored it. I think it may be very hard to fix.

The issue at the time was with the Task “Make 100 5-match”. With the right team you only need a half dozen casts or so to get to 100. The game is definitely counting “blobs” as a multitudes upon multitudes of matches.

I’m sure BD would not need any adjustment if the game wasn’t multiplying the number of matches when ‘blobs’ occur.

Regarding the “get a better team” argument, there are a few sure fire counters to the Manticore / Courage / Bone Dragon spam.

The problem is that when you’re over level 1000, that’s EVERY match. Meaning we can’t rotate teams at all. If we want to experiment with other builds or try out new troops, it won’t be in PVP.

It makes the game stale. It’s the Maw argument all over again.

Did you see that with all gem spammers or just skulls? Because like I said, I matched what was essentially 11 contiguous red gems with IK and Jarl only proc’d Huge trait one time.

2 x Manticore with Bone Dragon is easy to beat. It’s 2 x Courage with Bone Dragon that is completely annoying.

And the reason he’s an issue now has been explained before. Continuous power creep has pushed armor levels way beyond where they were 6 months ago, let alone when Bone Dragon was created. I highly doubt the Devs thought it would be cool to have BD change the entire board to skulls ONCE A MATCH, EVERY MATCH.

It is like watching the old maw threads again, i think i need popcorn.

This is the argument they used when they nerfed Sheggra, so it wouldn’t be unprecedented for them to do the same to Bone Dragon.

1 Like