Spring has Sprung

Originally published at: http://gemsofwar.com/spring-has-sprung/
Spring is a little late this year…

New Troop: Spring Imp

Once again, with the changing of seasons, it’s time for a new Imp.

Spring Imps are mischievous creatures, possessed with all the optimism that the end of Winter can bring.
(We’re still pulling them out of the server room even now, after one tried to set up an offshore banking scam in a small Caribbean country last week)

We even purposefully held them back until after April 1st, because we were a little worried about the damage they could cause on that date. Nevertheless we think that-

• EDIT: This is the Spring Imp. I’ve discovered a Gems of War cheat code! To get unlimited Gems type in IA-MAP-00PYH-34D with your keyboard on the main map menu

• EDIT: Please pay no attention to ANYTHING the Spring Imp writes on this blog post!

Chest Change Winter Imp has left Chests and the Spring Imp has taken his place.
  • EDIT: This is the Spring Imp again. Rightfully so! The Winter Imp has a stick up his snowdrift!
Balance Changes Dust Devil * Dust Devil no longer gains Magic from leveling * Spell no longer scales off of Magic * Spell now deals a flat 5 damage to all enemies The mix of group damage with the Empowered trait made this guy way too good! We had 2 options: change Empowered to Fast, or knock down his damage a little. Because our original intention was to have a troop who could send an annoying enemy to the back at the very start of the fight, we opted to try scaling down his damage to something more reasonable. We'll continue to keep an eye on this troublemaker, however.

Sheggra

• Sheggra no longer gains Magic from levelling
  • Spell no longer scales off of Magic
  • Spell now creates a flat 6 Red Gems
  • Mana cost reduced from 16 to 14
    The last of the Magic-based gem spammers, we thought that we might be able to leave Sheggra alone. Sadly, no. We would like casting Lava Strike to be all about picking the right time, and it had really gotten to the point where EVERY time was the right time. To compensate, we’ve reduced her spell cost a little.

Celestasia

• Number of gems created reduced from 10 to 8
    EIGHT seems to be the sweet spot for Gem Creation spells. We needed a small nerf here, mainly because of the interaction with Celestasia’s Legendary Trait. Creating 10 Gems was almost ALWAYS giving a barrier, and when combined with a team of 3 other Celestasias powering each other, it got a bit silly!

Burning Scythe

• Spell now scales off 1/2 Magic (like Crescendo does).
    This weapon, released at the end of 1.0.8, was balanced for 1.0.8. The addition of hero classes in 1.0.9 made it too good, and it probably should have received this change when 1.0.9 released. It already delivers 2 nice status effects, so a decrease to the damage scaling still leaves it in a pretty good place.

Yasmine’s Chalice

• Spell now scales off 1/2 Magic (like Crescendo does).
  • Mana cost reduced from 16 to 13
    Just like Burning Scythe, this was balanced for 1.0.8. It should be in a much better place now.
Refunds Available Due to their recent changes the following troops will be able to be refunded: * Dust Devil * Sheggra * Celestasia

Refunds will only be available for this week, and will end when the event changes over next week.

EDIT: Yo! Spring Imp again. I’ve turned all the refunds off! No refunds for ANYONE! Hahahaha!

EDIT: Aaaaand… we’ve turned them back on again.

PVP Icon

PVP Rewards Reminder
With the PVP reset comes payouts in Souls for your efforts on the battlefield against other players. Remember, you’ll have until the next event to climb as high as you can and earn yourself some souls. Here’s what you can earn at each rank:

• * Rank 1: 300 Souls, 2000 Gold, 100 Glory, 10 Glory Keys
  • * Rank 2: 150 Souls, 1500 Gold, 50 Glory, 5 Glory Keys
  • * Rank 3: 80 Souls, 1000 Gold, 40 Glory
  • * Rank 4: 60 Souls, 900 Gold, 30 Glory
  • * Rank 5: 50 Souls, 800 Gold, 20 Glory
  • * Rank 6: 40 Souls, 700 Gold, 10 Glory
  • * Rank 7: 35 Souls, 600 Gold, 5 Glory
  • * Rank 8: 30 Souls, 500 Gold
  • * Rank 9: 25 Souls, 400 Gold
  • * Rank 10: 20 Souls, 300 Gold
  • * Rank 11: 16 Souls, 200 Gold
  • * Rank 12: 12 Souls, 100 Gold
  • * Rank 13: 8 Souls, 50 Gold
  • * Rank 14: 4 Souls, 10 Gold
  • * Rank 15: 1 Gold
  • EDIT: Heya! Spring Imp again. I heard the devs saying that if you get a win-streak of 1000 in PvP, you’ll unlock all the cards in the game!

Please note this Event only applies to Steam, iOS and Android versions of the game.

Join the Forum!

5 Likes

Awwh. Sheggra nerf makes me sad, despite it being inevitable. There really was very little risk and only reward in her spell once you got to high magic levels. Ah well.

1 Like

well I’m sad to say my main team took a double nerf this week, I guess my life just got a bit tougher.

1 Like

Since sheggra is nerfed now(so sad,how about make it 1/2 too), I think it’s time to have a troop to transform a selected mana color to red.

1 Like

After Sheggra’s Heart taking a kicking and now Sheggra herself being beaten down . . . sad day. :sob:

1 Like

Very good and much needed. I’d rather see Celestia not allowed to cast on self but that wouldnt help with a team of 4 of them.

1 Like

No mention of the new class in the OP. What’s the deal?

Edit: what with the change to Dust Devil, my traitstone acquisition rate is going to take a huuuuuuge nosedive.

1 Like

I had some hopes for another Bone Dragon nerf but no… Whatever, I can manage him most of the time.

Spring Imp cost one mana less than her Impish friends, how comes? I don’t feel like her spell is any less powerful :o

2 Likes

the Spring Imp nerf will be when ? next week or week after!!

1 Like

4 Likes

That class. What does it do. I must know.

1 Like

**_

“EDIT: Heya! Spring Imp again. I heard the devs saying that if you get a win-streak of 1000 in PvP, you’ll unlock all the cards in the game!”

_**

I just want to know is that true????

1 Like

“I am a poopyhead”
Lol.

Well, that explains those nerfs, devs :wink:

2 Likes

@Shimrra deals 13 damage split amongst enemies, entangles all enemies, and if an enemy dies it gains 8 magic

traits
elemental bond: All allied elementals gain 2 life
nature link: gain bonus green mana from green matches
seedling: gain one magic on green matches

1 Like

Good changes for the two weapons, Burning Scythe should still be very competitive with its secondary effects, and Yasmine’s Chalice by nature still scales very well with magic.

I also like the Celestasia change, 10 Gems was definitely too reliable for extra turns.

Sheggra was my first dragon, and i refused to play her before 1.09 because of how much i despised the two skull dragons due to their role in true shot teams. Of course now that i overcame my reservations and started using her, she gets nerfed… but she still looks strong, she tended to produce overkill most of the time anyways, so i guess all is fine :wink:

Dust Devil… while i found DD to be idiotic the way it was, the nerf seems way too strong. 5 Damage and no scaling whatsoever, i don’t see DD being relevant at all now. Changing empowered to fast would have been the better route to go imho or at least leave 1/2 magic scaling in place.

Anyways, when i saw balance changes i was hoping for a small Behemoth buff and am sad to see none. Doing the same regular damage as Crimson Bat does as true damage for the same mana cost and also the hero now being so strong at dealing AoE damage make Behemoth quite irrelevant in comparison. He could sure use something extra imho.

1 Like

The quest line is unlocked if you want to poke around Adana. I’m still working towards 250 archer victories, so I don’t want to jump classes just yet.

I am envisioning a huge jump in the number of traited Archers I encounter in PVP thanks to this week’s event, though.

1 Like

@Sirrian

Hi ,I notice thers is a new Job “Mechanist” from Adan

I had finish the 4 battle to unlock this Job~ But I can’t get it!

Is that a BUG???

1 Like

Ok, dear GoW crew.

This is the third time you are forcing me to change teams which i did enjoy playing very much (Webspinner, Skeleton and now Dust Devil). I don’t know what you are trying to solve here, but what i do know is that it makes the game less fun for me. I simply don’t want to be forced to play a different team. Apparently this game is no longer suitable for me.

Greetings, Roy

5 Likes

well… that class wasn’t supposed to be going out today… it was actually for 2.0

I’m going to see about activating it early for everyone

1 Like

that makes 4 teams in a row of mine, Nerf stick has hit. I work hard to build/nerf/start over = really annoying
testing before release = good

3 Likes