Bone Dragon Gets a BUFF?

There’s more teams capable of defeating BD teams than you’re putting off.

This “woe is me” attitude doesn’t work when there are many routes to take to defeat ANY troop in this game. Again BD is just an example of annoyance.

Only 2 teams capable of defeating BD teams? Please.

I was a part of the community that felt Maw didn’t need a nerf either, but the devs always take the path of least resistance so. Proven in part by the simple fact that they nerfed Valkyrie for really no reason at all other than people complaining.

And let’s be clear, I understand why the devs do it. If your player base isn’t happy, then so be it. Gotta keep the players happy. Also either decision they make is going to alienate some type of person, so better to alienate the few than the many.

We shouldn’t be so quick to call for a nerf with every troop that we see used over and over in pvp. If it’s used a lot, it’s because it’s effective not always OP.

1 Like

Well all I can say is that there really isn’t many counters for when a bone dragon is paired with two manticores and wins on turn 3 to 5. Or when bone dragon is matched with courage and kills your team in such a short time. He’s only okay to go against when he’s the only one and he’s tucked in the back and the ai doesn’t usually hardcore his mana so you have a bit of time.

I don’t buy into this “but this team can win on turn one!” Crap because I’ve tried all of those supposed win on turn one teams and they are unreliable and usually take more than two turns even and usually aren’t the best counters. So unless you can beat bone dragon to lift off your team is massively crippled or killed based on his support.

I don’t know, I’ve tried all of those fast teams that claim to kill in just a few short turns but every time I try I either never get mana surges or the board is drained of my colors or not set up for looping. So I use board exploders usually to help my bad luck. I’m not sure how everyone gets their mana so quickly, must always get surges or five of a kinds or something

I was against nerfing Maw but in hindsight, it was because I didn’t have the proper exposure. I was only about level 500 so I wasn’t seeing what the level 1000 people were seeing.

Now that I’m level 1000, I totally get it. Again, it’s NOT about beating BD or Manticore. They’re beatable by any number of teams. It’s about the fact they make the game more frustrating than fun. Add in the fact that much like Maw, literally everybody is running a BD defend team and it makes PVP boring as all get out. It’s all about making sure the game stays fresh and doesn’t get stale. High level PVP right now is starting to get moldy.

3 Likes

I see your point htismaqe. Most of the 3 trophy decks I face are the same! It would definitely be nice to have more variety of 3-trophy opponents. The matches can be quite challenging and there are very few high-level Defend decks in the current meta rotation.

are you sure?. I killed four enemies one match with dead and his mark in one cast.

of course so much lucky. not happened again.

Bone Dragon?

give me more, next please-

Again I think they will nerf him, but what you described is annoyance at best. If the meta was 4x peasants, you are saying the devs should nerf peasant for no reason other than they are used too much. The devs probably have the numbers on this, but they should check when a troop pops up in the meta and how it correlates with the number of forum posts.

The only reason I agree with you is because you have a valid reason as to why he could be nerfed. Everyone else seems to be riding the bandwagon of overused troop let’s nerf. Which again, you just repeated. You all are going after troops just because you see them frequently in pvp. Okay…

If the goal is to make everyone use a different team every match so it never gets stale, then why give us control over our defense team anyway? Chances are they’re already creating some form of event or something else, to where we use a team we don’t want to. I originally said they should choose defense teams for us like arena. Where we can set the difficulty and it’s always a random team. Seems like the only fix at this point.

Yeah, it’s cause and effect. Him being to powerful is the cause and the effect is that he’s overused in the meta.

I don’t want him nerfed because he’s overused. He’s overused because he needs to be nerfed. If that makes any sense.

1 Like

You’re talking about a once in every 20 match fluke. Bone Dragon happens A LOT more often than that. Try again.

You’re also talking about you inflicting Death Mark on the enemy. How often does the AI do that to you? Maybe, I don’t know, never? I’m not talking about using Bone Dragon against the enemy. I’m talking about Bone Dragon being used on defense.

The simple fact is that the AI is pretty dumb. If it can dominate over and over and over with one troop, that troop is more than likely too powerful. That held true for Sheggra, and Webspinner, and Maw, and so on. All of those troops were nerfed. Precedent suggests that Bone Dragon should be as well.

2 Likes

Yeahh, that’s true, but I say something.

Gard´s is more easy just damage is armor. I don´t lose any battle against an avatar team till I remember, a lot against famine and dead team.

If they don´t get mana or armor don´t be so useful. Dead and famine are killing you without doing anything.

But of course mega combo skull bone dragon is just boring.

Death and Famine can’t kill your entire team in one shot. Well, Death can if Death Mark goes fluke but it’s nearly impossible for AI Death to even cast because of how much mana is needed to fill.

Avatar is arguably overpowered for Invade but he’s useless on defend. Too many troops have targeted damage. It’s too easy to neutralize him. He’s not nearly as menacing as Death or Famine in that respect because you have to stun them to avoid their passive drains.

The problem with Bone Dragon is that he can be filled in just one turn, two at the most. Turn 3 is almost automatic - my first troop is dead and troop 2 is as good as, if not already, dead.

As was discussed on this thread (or another there so many) BD really does not need a Nerf IF they can fix the game logic counting matches.

This would also solve the x2 Courage troops issue as well. As people are using the excessive match count to their advantage with that troop.

Absolutely. The level 1000+ players could actually have it better against bone dragon, compared to newer players, as they will create one critical hit. Hopefully that will shut them up for a few minutes

Please try to be a little less offensive. Being here in the forum for less than two weeks doesn’t give you the right to use troll language. If you didn’t realise this was troll-ish, please try to think how others might take things. It’s a forum and we’re all entitled to a view. Some of us have been playing for two years and might feel we are well-placed to judge how things are playing out.

I disagree. Fixing the processing of a board full of skulls would help, but not solve things. BD really shouldn’t be making a board full of skulls for just 14 mana.

Fixing the process glitch would also make Courage less ridiculous (no more +50 Attack and Life from one spell), but Courage should probably be toned down to +2/+2, whereas Loyalty should be buffed up a bit to be comparable.

1 Like

Please stop being so easily offended. You dont need to play this game for two years to understand the mechanics, it is quite basic.

1 Like

I agree more variety of play styles and decks is a good thing.

I don’t think Bone Dragon needs a nerf so much as a readjustment: Maybe it should generate 11 Skulls (all 5 star kingdoms like what my Mythic Dragon Soul explodes in Gems) and have a 5:1 Armour boost ratio. Make it so that Bone Dragon is still incredibly solid and strong as a competitive dragon but not so that against a level 1000 player the entire screen is filled with skulls?

1 Like

Again, when you get to level 1000 with all kingdoms at 5* or more, Bone Dragon takes on a whole different life. When your weakest troop starts with over 45 armor, his spell is a GUARANTEED kill. He’s exactly like Maw, only for about half the mana and he can cast more than once. When compared to other troops at that level, he’s way overpowered.

1 Like