Best Justice team?

Not true because mab still kills and if there’s an impervious traited troop left by the way time you’re untangled the rest of the team’s attack is ridiculously high.

Yeah, I probably could have worded that better. It doesn’t equal “death” in the literal sense, since losing a PVP match is ridiculously hard regardless of what team you’re using. :smiley:

Entangle slows things down to a crawl, which makes the match boring. You can certainly still win but PVP is all about speed.

1 Like

Agreed! Massive cascades doing 2 damage is demoralising!

1 Like

I’m on console.

EK
Valk
Justice
Mercy

Nothing tops this for a Justice team.

1 Like

I think I fought a team like this yesterday, you were right.

Ek blocks justice, it loops far quicker with archon statue in the lead, you only need to cast valk or justice once and its pretty much game over. Try it.

2 Likes

Yeah, it loops a lot faster with any Green, Brown, Green/Brown troop in the lead. I use Fortress Gate, which is quite funny since it can end up with 100+ attack.

1 Like

EK usually sits there charged up. He is there for stuns and an occasional mana drain. While Archon (or nearly anything with an armor trait) will work, the stun/drain from EK and cleanse (and instant Valk) from Mercy make it a much more versatile variation.

1 Like

But you rarely have to use the first troop once you get going but I agree, Ek is a nice one to have there but we’re all different and that’s what makes it so good, everyone plays differently!

Just an example, if the opponent has knights, Bunni’Nog reigns supreme in that slot. EK is the Swiss army knife of the choices. Less team swapping makes me happy.

1 Like

Anything with Impervious (with a nod to War Goat or Fortress Gate because they don’t overlap) is literally unbeatable as an invade team.

Frozen and Entangle slow everything way down. Death Mark can create a serious problem. Impervious on the first slot takes care of all of that.

As far as team swapping, I do it when I want to. I never HAVE to. My Justice team and it’s stronger cousin (with Courage) are both guaranteed wins.

2 Likes

After playing with some more teams, I’ve concluded that there’s nothing a bad board start can do to make it very risky you will lose with a Justice team. For those of you saying it’s a guaranteed win, I don’t think you are playing against very high level defense teams.

I have determined, however, that a justice team has the capability of destroying opponents faster than just about any other team. The risk is that 1 in 8 or so matches you run the risk of a very poor board start, and if the opponent has some particularly annoying troops, there’s a good chance you are going to fail. For instance, if the opponent manages to charge their Emperor Khorvash and cast it on you, it’s basically game over. Likewise, Spirit Fox/Manticore, and a couple troops with the capability of removing blue gems from the board are very troublesome troops against this team.

I think the best use of a justice team is to actually include Mercy as the 4th troop, in the 4th slot so it’s not blocking blue (So Valk/Justice/Mab/Mercy, with the +2 blue, +1 yellow, -1 green banner). This helps mitigate the chance of a very bad board start, which is your greatest chance of losing the game with this team. It’s still certainly not fool proof and runs a way higher risk than my EK, Valk Mab, Mercy team, but it is faster than that team.

If you are trying to crank out PvP wins as fast as possible and don’t care about your W/L ratio, this is the team to go with. If you are trying to lose as few as possible, then I’d play with a non-justice team, or specifically avoid opponents with any of the dangerous troops I mentioned.

1 Like

I’m playing against teams 9500 or so. The only losses I take are when it’s taking too long and I decide to quit.

It sounds like you are playing on PC. I’m on console, which has the AI adjustments. It’s possible that’s why our experiences are different.

2 Likes

@VegaDark541
That is exactly the difference. The AI behaves and acts differently on PC.
Lol, it is very hard to lose a game on PC. The odd bd team might get Lucky

2 Likes

All the teams mentioned are good and fast with the right board.
I do prefer mab over mercy though as I never need cleanse. 50% of the time I don’t even fire mercy if I have her in my team, lol.

I like @Verdugo team. So much fun even when entangled.
Archer class traited with bullseye trait
Valk
Justice
Mab or mercy

1 Like

Unfortunately I don’t have archer class traited so that was one of the ones I couldn’t try, although it does seem interesting. With my team you have both Mab and Mercy…and you don’t use Mercy for the cleanse, you only use her for a 4 or 5 match with yellow/purple to charge your Valk, hopefully denying the opponent the chance for a single turn if you’re lucky.

1 Like

I’m sure the AI makes some difference but it really comes down to the starting board. Right now I can’t see how the AI change would make a big difference because the AI just isn’t getting any turns. It really is that fast.

Most of my losses consist of:

Terrible starting board with either no red or yellow matches to be made, so have to go directly for blue;
Opponent gets a series of cascades which ruins me, or, spirit fox/manticore casts a spell on me to undo any progress I did towards mana generation. Repeat until I lose.

Sometimes I’ll get justice charged, but it’s simply a terrible time to cast since there are so few blues on the board. Unless you get Justice rolling, your team won’t last long. Sometimes I cast justice with a risky board and the gamble does not pay off and that’s the end of the match right there by AI matching skulls, etc to ruin me.

2 Likes

Me when I see Spirit Fox:

5 Likes