As Requested by a Dev: A Thread about Devs' Actions/Inactions

thanks for that proof saving, right now it is corrected.
but still wrong in ingame posting

3 Likes

FangMoorgate Avoided

Relevant Threads:

As expected, no Mod was available after office hours to try and assist with the issue, so things kept getting worse until the next working day in Australia.

However, once they took note of the problem they acted swiftly to disable the bugged shop (undoubtedly not an optimal solution to all players, but likely to be among the best damage-control options, second maybe to extending the Faction Event for an extra day with the bug resolved), and clearly communicating that there would be a refund and a rescheduling of the event.

Noteworthy unusually clear and professional communication and action, and thus noted.
:blush: :vulcan_salute:

7 Likes

And a new event efficiently scheduled within 48 hours of the original issue.
:blush: :love_you_gesture: :vulcan_salute:

4 Likes

On a positive roll: another instance of a Mod sharing detailed information in a professional manner, which helps customers stay informed as opposed to the radio silence/opaqueness experienced in the past.

:blush: :pray: :vulcan_salute:

5 Likes

You missed the pet issues, where they did not know the behaviour of their own code

1 Like

Kingdom Pass Battlecrashers MIA Again

While waiting for the eventual proposed resolution by IP2 on the ongoing Vault/Battlecrasher issue, just documenting some noteworthy points.

When reports started coming in ( [Fixed] 10th crown of the day doesn't appear ), a mod commented that…

…even though a similar situation happened before and was allegedly ‘fixed’:

It is particularly noteworthy that somebody who claims to be among the top20 when it comes to playtime…

…wouldn’t put in the time to actually hunt for that 10th Battlecrasher before claiming that “It doesn’t appear as though there’s an issue currently”

And then we’re left with this:

They haven’t popped back in the thread, so either it’s working as intended, or that’s a very long dinner.

In the meantime, neither of the 3 mods have been online for at least a day, therefore once again demonstrating how much customer frustration/satisfaction matters outside of office hours (unless of course there’s a shop issue, which gets resolved promptly so customers can keep spending)

:roll_eyes: :man_facepalming: :vulcan_salute:
#IP2dedication

5 Likes

Just to drive this point home:
I’m a computer programmer analyst by trade. If I say something is fixed, I make damn sure it stays that way through subsequent levels of testing. If the same bug happens again in production, it’s not pretty.

We can see what they come back with next week. They can have some rope because, to me, it sounds like they never found the root cause and just boosted the spawn rate temporarily. However, they NEED to be documenting these things. That was the #1 point drilled into us at college.

9 Likes

Just gonna keep this here before it gets edited any further, for reference if needed the next time the Translations issue cycles in.
:roll_eyes: :person_facepalming: :vulcan_salute:
#gowTranslation

5 Likes

The above was on 2nd September, and now on 5th September we get the first reports of:

Time to see how long/if the devs react on this despite being so documentedly out of touch with the game & the playerbase…

…in the meantime, advising my guildies to stick to a single craft at most wherever possible.
:roll_eyes: :man_facepalming: :vulcan_salute:

6 Likes

The week between crafting.

By “being able to craft a second” they must be referring to the current “wasting your rare unfarmable resources on a duplicate you didn’t want”
:roll_eyes: :person_facepalming:
#IP2design

At least a mod acknowledged the issue
:vulcan_salute:

5 Likes

Just keeping this here before it gets edited any further

3 Likes

I’m someone who opens my mouth before my brain has finished processing and it’s the same with posting to the forums, I edit as my brain keeps processing :laughing: :sweat_smile: :smiling_face_with_tear:

3 Likes

Just gonna leave this here before things get edited/deleted.

Here’s where the playerbase worked together to help each other navigate IP2’s terrible design:

:vulcan_salute:

10 Likes

This thread no longer needs to exist, right?

We now have direct evidence that the Devs can fix issues immediately, if inspired adequately.

Y’all simply need to reframe “problems” or “broken features” as something that benefits the player.

7 Likes

agree, nothing about: “this will take some time, cause it is a server issue” or “we will look into that problem”.
showing their real face again…

7 Likes

Even if they are claiming they are using a native German speaker to do the translation, you all also understand that that is not very likely. They will never understand these in any language since they can’t in English.

3 Likes

i think we should test this.
everyone make me absolute ruler of the world, and then let’s see if i abuse that power.

for science, ofc.

1 Like

We just did yesterday for the umpteenth time: the playerbase got the short end of that stick again, with the usual patronizing, promises, and TGIF…
:sweat_smile: :stuck_out_tongue: :vulcan_salute:

Just gonna leave this here, with the reminder that sls was pivotal to the existence of the tool that helped so many players tolerate the New Dungeon Design: a tool that simply displayed probabilities based on the rules programmed by IP2.

Assess at will, and remember the next time IP2 wants some $$.

10 Likes