Pending Kingdom Helper Deal improvement

We’re only looking at Kingdom Helper Daily Deals. Specifically the ones I know are on the list because I helped pass them on are:

• Has a power level task to have x amount of level 20 Troops, Daily Deal gives Troop bundle for an already maxed out troop.

• Has a power level task to fully upgrade a troop, Daily Deal gives Troop bundle for a maxed out troop - ALSO the Kingdom in question doesn’t have enough released Troops to complete this task.

• Has a power level task to have X Kingdom Weapons Fully Upgraded, but you only have Doomed Weapons to upgrade. Daily Deal gives Ingot Offer which can’t be used.

• Has a power level task to have X Kingdom Weapons Fully Upgraded, but the only non-upgrade weapons are ones you don’t own. Daily Deal gives Ingot Offer which can’t be used.

• Has power level Tasks to level the Kingdom to Level X (that needs Imperial or Books of Deeds). Daily Deal gives Colored Deed or Writ Offer. <— Note for this one: we won’t be offering Books of Deeds in the Kingdom Helper Daily Deals at this stage.

Generally, the feedback the CX team has passed on is that any Kingdom Helper Daily Deal which doesn’t directly assist a player in increasing their power level is problematic. Regarding more specific feedback I’ve given is that when the Kingdom Helper Daily Deal is offered, it doesn’t look at the player’s collection to see what they already own. I’ve asked for the system to be made smarter generally and to look at our collections.

In some cases we can offer more relevant deals, in other cases we may remove deals to remove the frustration of seeing something that doesn’t help, in other cases there will be no change.

For example, you need to upgrade a Doomed Weapon and are offered Ingots → the idea is to offer Forge Scrolls of the correct colour you need instead.

An example of where there MIGHT be no change is when Books of Deeds are needed - we will not be offering those at this stage and coloured deeds can be used to craft Books of Deeds. So they may stay in place.

In cases where there is no helpful deal we can offer due to economy reasons or other reasons, we may look at coding it so you don’t get offered something for that specific Kingdom’s power level task so you don’t have to look at an offer that doesn’t help you, or miss out on being offered something that actually would help you.

If you have specific Kingdom Helper Daily Deals that aren’t on this list that you want to make sure we don’t miss, please let us know and we’ll pass it on asap.

Please note that this won’t necessarily be a one and done improvement, I strongly suspect we will be revisiting this as many times as we need over time. Bearing in mind that a lot of (not all) the frustrating Kingdom Helper Daily Deals are there simply because the Kingdom Helper Daily Deals were released before the Kingdom Level and Kingdom Power Level caps were increased and as a live service game we iterate over time.

I’m also keeping my hand in the pot on this one and I’m pretty sure I’m in the top 20 for play time in GoW on PC/mobile and I’ve been following the discussions about this topic on the forum for a long time, so I’m doing my best to make sure enough details are being given about pain points from a player perspective as I can. I have my derp moments (don’t we all?) but I’m a player too, so I’m hoping to help make this good.

20 Likes