Arena rewards adjustment suggestion

/shyly asks if there’s any news on the arena-meeting? :wink: @Sirrian

We’ve had an initial discussion about the Arena, but nothing to report yet.

However we DID manage to finalize a small hero buff going out tomorrow as promised!

9 Likes

posted 5 hours ago, a hero buff. Omg i look forward to this, will it be a ninja patch or will it be worth a topic to list the changes?

but what? another hero buff

I can´t believe it. Sure the hero is overpowered?
I don´t think so.

early game the hero gets really powerful, but then you need specific hero weapons for mid-game, and hero only has one end-game weapon that works really well. I mean only aoe weapons are really good at end-game that have other effects.

thanks for keeping us in the loop, please continue to update us on the discussion. Also any info on changes to maps? can we get a second use for them so that the 600 in my inventory actually do something?

Cheers,
H.G.

I was able to confirm that a change in maps is on the table and that maybe as soon as next week sirrian will bring it to the crew for review. The change will most likely speed up map use by at least 8-14 turns.

2 Likes

at 8wins, same trophies, same gold, no glory, but 10 glory keys and 2000 souls.
That way low level player can build more teams for more fun.

1 Like

Not sure if it’s intentional or not, but that small buff works in arena too, making the hero slightly imbalanced there again. (basically if you don’t use your own hero to tank, the enemy hero will shred through your troops with 12 attack per skull match). I mean, if it’s intentional - OK, I just remember that last time (when hero stats were bugged), they got scaled down in arena, so I was wondering if this buff should have applied to it or not.

magic buff included ofc, which brought the aoe weapons in arena to 8-10 aoe (12 for Morthani’s), hitting rather heavily :wink:

See here for a full discussion about it including reply from Sirrian

1 Like

@Sirrian any news on the discussion about the Arena? :slight_smile:

@Sirrian When you have that meeting, may I suggest you revisit this thread whereupon I suggested how to expand Arena with two more Arena-type games.

Summary

Triple Feature Request, Literally!

You could have them unlock at higher Hero levels if you like now that the 1000-hero rank has been lifted. Arena, as you’ve stated, is suitable for newcomers whereas the other two I suggested could be for higher ranks. Perhaps, they must reach hero level 400 for one of them and hero level 800 for the other just to keep from giving too many goodies away at the expense of the game.

I do agree that if a player does win at harder difficulty, that bonus should apply to keys and trophies as well. I don’t know about adding glory as a reward but I know Event, VIP, and Gem keys could be added as rewards with the other two Arena-like modes. The fact of the matter is every player will need to save a lot of copies of the same troop to ascend them. Not every player will belong to a great guild, or play as much as they like to, or spend more than they need to. But if the game provides much variety in PvE with rewards to match, those players will be around for the long run. And during that run, tip you guys along the way. Quite generously too if I may add. :innocent:

Since the topic was bumped, and there’s no post from Sirrian yet, I’m just going to add one more comment to this.

If you are worried about the rewards affecting the sales that new players generate, simply add arena reward buff in 2-3 tiers that unlock with level. For example leave current arena for lvls 1-200, then do a partial buff, then for lvl 500 and above the numbers I mentioned would kick in - problem solved. (obviously the lvls I listed were examples, but you get my idea - simply solution to the problem you mentioned as the main issue).

It would be more complicated that the simple solution I suggested, but I suggested it hoping it could make the change possible soon… Since that ship has already sailed, well.

2 Likes

are we there yet?

5 Likes

It was a good thread. Full of bright shiny hope. But alas has joined it’s ancestors lost and forgotten… sniff

Not yet is isn’t! So @Sirrian or @Nimhain where are you guys at with this?

bump @Sirrian any news? :slight_smile:

They are probably busy coding something spectacular. Like a “pick one: +50% souls, +50% gold, +50% xp for the next 24 hours” option on completing a perfect arena run. :pray:

2 Likes

Oops - sorry for not keeping you all updated.
We’ll be making some changes to Arena rewards in the 2.2 update… we’ll have more details in the preview and/or patch notes.

4 Likes

When might we expect it? :slight_smile: