Arachnaean Weaver may not be in Event Chests until Friday

“If the newly released Mythic is part of the Event Kingdom then it can ALSO be earned from Event Chests.”

This does not imply it is the only mythic obtainable from event chests.

I also had a guildmate confirm he was told by Customer Support that it’s intended for AW to not drop until Friday. He wasted a LOT of keys.

You guys really need to make this right and not Nelson-laugh at the people who blew through their stash of keys hoping for AW.

8 Likes

And here we go again, the first round of creative tricks to weasel out of responsibility. At least we seem to have skipped the “it’s just bad luck” denial phase this time, it was getting tiresome to prove that claim wrong.

As a reminder, this is the official documentation on how mythic troops in event chests are handled:

grafik

grafik

There’s no wiggle room for interpretation here, Arachnean Weaver is supposed to show up.

I understand that this is once again an awkward situation for IP2, this will take effort to clean up. I also understand that you are just the first messenger sent to deflect claims in order to get around having to clean up. I believe the least IP2 is required to provide here is a rollback of event keys used for those players insisting on it. What would be the shortest path to get that done, contact 505 Games?

15 Likes

50 or 100 gems this time?

I’d be very surprised if they return event keys to us, I didn’t even know that was possible but I would love this to happen. Right now I feel annoyed that i wasted almost 3000 event keys and have basically been told tough luck when surely no one knew of this new mythic/same kingdom rule. Please give me my event keys back or at least 1 copy of AW as compensation for yet another example of poor communication with your players

1 Like

Open a support ticket, insist that they roll back the event keys you opened. Offer that you would consider the issue settled if they exchange one of the Archproxy Yvendra you pulled for an Arachnean Weaver. If they keep refusing, your further steps depend on whether you purchased anything for money recently, e.g. a bundle that among others contained event keys.

3 Likes

This seems to be the fairest solution. Or even half of them, if someone got multiple (since some people work on getting 4 copies of each mythic so they keep pulling for that purpose).

I mean, it would be awesome if everyone who pulled gets a “free” Arachnean Weaver, whether substituting an Archproxy or as the compensation. More awesome if everyone got one, regardless of whether they pulled, but that is unfair to those who actually invested keys into this.

Either way, it seems pretty clear that the wording, the way they thought it should work and the way it works are at odds with each other.

3 Likes

Two VIP keys. It would be of value worth more than the Keys spent and with a higher chance to gain Mythics than the keys they spent, after all. (For absolute clarity, this is a joke, this should never happen again.)

(Also to their credit they did eventually make it right after an immense amount of backlash even through the “matter was considered closed” by mailing out the 2 VIP keys PLUS a new troop of the same rarity for each incorrect pull).

So what should actually happen? I’m not even sure what can be considered “fair” here because anyone pulling for AW did rightfully have a 50/50 chance at Yvendra once pulling a mythic if everything worked as implied by every single statement on their help site. Even the people that pulled 4 Yvendra could have still realistically done so with the expected loot tables. A one time only “trade” of a Yvendra pulled with event keys into AW would be nice, but is likely to be seen as significantly more “generous” than is likely. Precedent for “making this right” (if this isn’t one of the 50/50 times where the issue is completely just ignored or bulldozed over) would be a random mythic between the two that were expected to be available… but for anyone seeing this and already angry, would they really be satisfied by trading in their Yvendra for a “random” new mythic in the event key pool only to receive Yvendra again sight unseen as your “random” reward? Be honest, how many of you at this point would trust that?

This is probably going to have a messy outcome no matter what with a lot of people feeling pissed off or cheated. If you expect any kind of resolution at all, though, you have to press the issue and get people talking about it. Do NOT, I repeat do NOT abuse the support staff, but don’t just roll over on this - it is important, they did not properly communicate a major omission in chest drops and it should be seen as this, regardless if they intended to have chest drops be this or not. People were asking if Yvendra would even be in chests last week and this didn’t even get answered. This was a failure on their end and you should not just suck it up.

I can hope for the best possible outcome of simply allowing a 1:1 trade for the expected mythic, but the thing I really want to happen out of all of this is for what is actually in chests right now to be completely and accurately communicated at all times. From outright drop errors to “misunderstandings”, this stuff has happened way too often for this game when it is their bread and butter and only about half of them have what I would consider a favorable resolution.

So I’ll say again the same thing I say every time - this is hopefully the last time this happens.

23 Likes

For the record, there’s even an old bug report about showing properly which mythics are contained in chests.

“Not a Bug”, feedback passed on, nothing happened. This isn’t just a failure on their end, this is as close as it can possibly get to intentionally causing the current fiasco.

4 Likes

I don’t know a lot about consumer protection laws in Australia, but I wouldn’t be surprised if stunts like this are actually illegal in some jurisdictions, and in violation of app store policies.

At least it’s helpful that they’re actually going on the record saying that they’re committing fraud.

1 Like

A mail in your game inbox, valid for 30 days.

"Dear player, we admit it, we messed up. The Zhul’Kari event chests did not contain the mythic troops your were led to believe. You should have been able to pull either Arachnean Weaver or Archproxy Yvendra, unfortunately only the latter one was available.

If you are happy with the troops you’ve received, all good, there’s nothing you have to do. Otherwise visit THIS link to register for a rollback, we’ll remove everything gained from event keys only during the week in question and return all event keys used to your account. Please note that some of your resources might temporarily go negative in case you’ve used them up."

This is what the gaming industry would consider “the least they could possibly do”, without screwing players over.

14 Likes

Quoting this for emphasis.

10 Likes

indignation!!!

nowhere was it said about the keys of events… I spent 600-700 keys … People - 4,000 each …
on Friday we will be with 0 keys. kingdom wait again a year or more…

in normal games, if it is a developer’s mistake, they would suggest exchanging 1 myth for another.

And everyone would be happy.

They just wrote to wait for Friday (after what happened). will give 50 diamonds. if just do give.

fantastic!!!

Service on the verge of fantasy …

I suspect that a lot of things that can be fixed (or solved peacefully, for example, the exchange of myths that I suggested) do not do because they do not know how. They lack qualifications.
As well as scoring errors. at war …and many others …
put up with our lack qualifications…

indignation!!!

Sorry for the English - I used the translator

I would like to request a refund of event keys spent on yesterday searching for AW. I spent at least 200 event keys before finding out that it is not in the drop table. I do not have unlimited resources as I have not been playing for a full year yet, and this is clearly an error on the game’s part. Please address this issue as soon as possible. Thank you.

No.

I know you’re basically a math genius on here. But you have to factor in the people searching for a troop that wasn’t even in chests to begin with and not stopping even after pulling a mythic. And though the game is supposed to work on independent coin tosses. It never does. It’s streaky. And by far the more or less people attempting to pull on those streaks alter drop rates.

So the best solution is EVERY SINGLE player who used a single event key between weekly reset and until the exclusive window ends gets mailed an Arachnaean Weaver. Not because the devs are admitting fault. Not because the players earned it.

But as appreciation for those who still play a game after it’s been in basically "game preview for 7-8 years now.

I have submitted a ticket after wasting close to 4k event keys trying to get AW. I really hope that the devs make this right.

6 Likes

This is where the spenders need to speak up! If you have purchased for real money any bundle that included any event keys, and you have used them prior to the announcement of the messed up drop rate for Weaver, then they HAVE to refund you either your keys or real money back. Sony and Microsoft will also agree i feel.

1 Like

The devs should ask themselves and the shareholders this what will be more likely to lose them trust, players, and likely money -

A) making this right by either rolling back event keys or giving out a copy or Arachnaean weaver to every player or at least those who spent any event keys

or

B) doing nothing and pretending that it never happened/was intended to be like that

Happy players are more likely to spend real money on the game they enjoy.

Option B would make a lot of players very unhappy.

4 Likes

Yeah I started a thread a bout a week and a half ago about wether the new mythic would even be in the event chest. Seeking clarity due to it being the only time that I had encountered the new mythic coinciding with the event chest. Now if I could see that was going to be a issue a couple of weeks ago and I wouldn’t even consider myself a intermediate GOW player, how are these things getting past the devs and testers. As of compensation I ask nothing other than more clarity on future anomalies. And a message to those who spent 3k+ keys XD . Know when to stop…XD

Yeah, not that I want to pile on and/or victim blame, but a decent rule of thumb is: check global before you spend anything in pursuit of mythics.

If all you see are Yvendras being pulled by the masses, don’t go for AW, even if you should be able to by every precedent the game has ever had.

Sucks that we can’t trust the game to work consistently, but :man_shrugging: We simply can’t.

Compensation should be sent, the fairest (I think, even though it’s surely “overly generous” despite not helping anyone who isn’t engaged enough to write a support ticket) being to roll back event keys upon request if a player spent them within the affected time period.

3 Likes

GoW “compensation” reminds me of that video where the woman came out to find someone hit her car and they left some chocolate and a note saying they can’t afford to fix it but here is some chocolate.

1 Like