[Fixed] Heart of Rage Troop collected

This explains the asset download I saw well after weekly reset. So if anyone else tries to get it this way. I wouldn’t recommend trying.

From the arcticle:

Players who pulled 'Heart of Rage', 'Kurandara' and 'Shade of Kurandara' will be sent a mail with a Key to compensate for the one they spent to earn the Troop.

This feels like an exceptionally unprofessional way to treat this issue. Shouldn’t players get compensated with something of equal value? They pulled a random mythic, which ended up being Kurandara due to bad QA. Taking away the mythic they earned and handing them a key is at best insulting, unless that key is guaranteed to pull a mythic.

24 Likes

totally true

They were sent VIP Keys, I wrote the article before I was given the details of the compensation as I wanted to put information out as fast as possible.

So the compensation was more than what they used to get the Troops.

EDIT: changed the wording in the article.

1 Like

No, it isn’t even a fraction of the compensation they are due. You took away a mythic, you gave a 1:100 chance for a mythic in return. Please escalate this to management to get this corrected ASAP. If you need more explanation on how probabilities work and why your current approach is stealing from players I’ll be happy to explain the math involved.

7 Likes

The Troops weren’t meant to be in the chests in the first place.
They were only intended to be available from the Campaign so no one should have expected them to be in chests to begin with - which is why the bug reports were made by players receiving the troops - they didn’t expect to get them and knew they shouldn’t have received them so reported it.

The players who did receive the Troops from chests got 2 VIP Keys each - of value worth more than the Keys spent and with a higher chance to gain Mythics than the keys they spent.

Once the compensation has finished rolling out this matter will be considered resolved.

We feel we have been generous with the compensation. If you are an affected player and disagree with this we’re sorry you feel that way but this is the final compensation for the issue.

2 Likes

They spent up to SEVERAL THOUSAND KEYS to gain THE ONE MYTHIC they received. If you really want to compensate by keys, send them those two VIP keys for EVERY key they spent, not for the SINGLE key where they hit the tiny chance to get a mythic.

Please, you are digging a huge hole to bury IP2 in here. GET SOMEONE INTO THIS DISCUSSION ABLE TO UNDERSTAND WHAT A SHITSTORM YOU ARE KICKING OFF. I believe this is way above your pay grade, you don’t want to be the one held responsible.

9 Likes

So I was in global and saw a Level 596 using Monday Keys find Kurandara.

… At that level, its unlikely they were pulling specifically for Kurandara and more hoping to improve their troop base. Almost any Mythic would likely benefit the player, yet they get unlucky and pull Kurandara against their will.

Heart of Rage, I understand since its just a legendary. Pulling for Mythics already gives many players grief; I could only imagine pulling a mythic only to have it replaced with 2 VIP keys, because they pulled the wrong one. That seems really underwhelming.

Kurandara really should be replaced/compensated with another random Mythic not in the player’s collection

12 Likes

@Fourdottwoone ah I see, you are misunderstanding how the chest drops work in Gems of War.

We have an article here which explains it:

1 Like

Please explain how exactly I am “misunderstanding how the chest drops work”. You take away a mythic from the inventory of players and give them two VIP keys as “compensation”. The first is a mythic they own, the second is two 1:100 chances to get a mythic.

3 Likes

I miss waking up at reset time, all kinds of fun stuff can happen.

3 Likes

@Kafka
I realize that the understanding of Gems of War gets wider and wider every day between what the devs think the game is and what the game actually is. So I’ll explain this in real life terms.

You bought a lottery ticket and won. To get the grand prize you had to get all 6 numbers to match. Which your ticket did for $1 Million.
But whoops, the individual running the lottery made a mistake so only 5 out of the 6 numbers actually matched. But instead of getting 500k which was the prize for matching 5/6 numbers. They just gave you two new lottery tickets and said good luck.

Does that make any sense?

31 Likes

Are you effing kidding me.

13 Likes

Correct me if I’m wrong, but hasn’t Gems of War chest drops always worked like this:

• A roll is made to determine the type of prize (traitstone, glory, gold, troop, ingot, etc… based on what is in the chest)
  • A random rarity is rolled for that prize, if applicable, or if it is currency, a random value within the minimum and maximum that can be awarded from that type
  • For prizes that there are more than one of in a given rarity group, the final prize is then determined randomly among those rarity group with another roll

This has been stated on the forums in the past, it is represented somewhat in the text of the linked help article, and it is represented in the way the subgroups are divided for chest rewards display in game, and it is represented in the explanation of what exactly went wrong with portal drop rates and was backed up with math. Are you really going to take a hard stance that it doesn’t work like this? Was something changed?

So, examining the Kurandara situation.

A player opens a bunch of keys, lets say several hundred (could be more, could be less, but for the sake of example, lets say 200)

• several of these keys roll troops, as is expected
  • one of these troops rolls as a mythic. Lucky!
  • The troop that happened to roll as mythic then rolls as Kurandara. Uh oh, that wasn’t supposed to be in chests yet. Lets take him away and award 2 VIP keys, thats “more than fair”, right, because only one key was consumed to get that prize!

But lets examine the same situation had Kurandara not been in chests, as it should have been.

A player opens that same amount of keys.

• several of these keys roll troops, as is expected
  • one of these troops rolls as a mythic. Hey, this sounds familiar. Still lucky!
  • The troop that happened to roll as mythic then… some other mythic. Lets say, uh, Yasmine’s Chosen. That person now has a Yasmine’s Chosen.

So, to reiterate.

Mistake on your end made, person that gets a “jackpot prize” is awarded 2% of the value of said prize to “try again”, I guess. This is considered generous, somehow?

Mistake not made, person that gets a “jackpot prize” keeps said jackpot prize.

We are not stating this out of a misunderstanding of how probability works. We know mythics are a rare occurrence. What is being stated here is that if Kurandara had not been blundered into the drop pool early, those that pulled Kurandara randomly from chests would have pulled a different mythic instead. The fact of the matter is, people that pulled Kurandara hit that rare occurrence to pull any mythic at all. They still would have pulled a mythic, it just would have been a different mythic. Yanking way their jackpot prize because you (the collective “you”, meaning everyone responsible for the game working like it should) made a mistake is a downright bad-faith way of dealing of this.

Just roll it into a different random mythic. The people trying to exploit were more than likely people with way too much keys on their hands that already had a bunch of mythics… if they roll a 3rd copy of Gargantaur because Kurandara got taken away, so be it. The level 596 just opening keys because they always open keys right when they get them and hope to get lucky? They’ll at least get a mythic, as it should have always been. Maybe its even a dupe for them, too, maybe not, but its the fair way to handle it because it is what should have happened had the mistake not been made. But you don’t roll back someone’s jackpot and award them a tiny percentage worth of extra tries when the mistake you made that did not at all influence the chance of them getting said jackpot in the first place.

Man, I’m not even directly affected and I’m so beyond frustrated. This really is no way to handle this. As I’ve said many times, chest drops and chest drop rates are sacrosanct in this game, the driving force behind every single other gameplay and monetization system. This is not a mistake that can keep happening, and it is not a mistake that should ever be under-compensated for, and this is so many times into both happening that I’ve honestly lost count, but I think this may be the worst one yet.

I feel like this doesn’t even describe just how much of a screw you this is to the players that pulled mythics. The rolls are supposed to be separate. The person won their million bucks and got paid out in… lets say an equivalent amount of yen, which for whatever reason this lottery picks a random currency to pay you out in (roll with it). Then due to a computer error, “yen” wasn’t actually supposed to be in the database, and they couldn’t complete that transaction. So instead of paying out like, dollars, or euro, or gold bullion, or bitcoin, or whatever other currencies they do have in their database, or they “reimburse” a couple tickets. The other people that hit the million dollar jackpot and didn’t get randomly selected to get yen all got to keep their jackpots in whatever form of currency they got.

I realize I am probably a little more angry than I should be since I wasn’t even directly affected, but come on. I feel like I get punched in the gut every time I read about the whatever many time drops were wrong again and the repeatedly kicked while down when I have to read about how there wasn’t even a good faith compensation being made. And, again, that is coming from a perspective of someone that wasn’t even directly affected.

tl;dr: Give the people that rolled pulled the troops that were removed from keys a random troop of the same rarity. Stop saying that a couple keys is “more than fair” here, the partial-truth of the explanation used to justify it not only insulting but just made me feel gross even reading it. And for the love of everything please please put measures in to stop mistakes like this from happening in the first place

31 Likes

Yeah, I can’t imagine how enraged I’m going to be when one of these idiotic blunders affects me as an individual.

5 Likes

@Kafka
Simpliest way would be to replace every copy of Kuranda with Doomclaw:

1. they are both Mythic
  2. they are both from Urskaya
  3. mythic for mythic, nobody would get offended, those who already have him, will get another copy - as they could get another copy from chest anyway

As for Heart of Rage - VIP keys seems to be fair enough (at least from my point of view).

2 Likes

I feel like it affects me, even though I haven’t been cheated out of a mythic. The idiotic blunder isn’t really the issue, it’s the official reaction to the idiotic blunder. The way the officials intentionally play dumb, intentionally give aggravating responses, intentionally rub it in by setting the bug report to “fixed” and intentionally making themselves unavailable afterwards, fully well knowing that they are screwing over players.

I mean, what’s next, pocket a $50 payment for some one-time purchase bundle, fail to deliver the content and then reactivate the payment button for another purchase as “compensation”?

14 Likes

The simplest way is to send them all the crafting resources required for a legendary or mythic, based on what got removed. At least that’s the way any marginally professional support would handle their own goof ups.

15 Likes

@Fourdottwoone
that would be giving those players unfair advantage :stuck_out_tongue:
getting crafting materials for a mythic instead of a second copy i dont want?
i’ll always go for such offer…

what i’m suggesting is replacing a troop for another troops that would be obtainable in same manner, and that would give similiar advantage to players (like getting Urskaya Power Level 10)

Way to “fix” an issue…
I honestly expected the mythic to appear in soulforge midway through the campaign before glory/gem/vip keys.
Way to go devs. Way to really meet expectations.

2 Likes