Arachnaean Weaver may not be in Event Chests until Friday

This is currently unconfirmed, but there is significant circumstantial evidence to suggest that a problem may exist, so anyone trying to get AW from event chests should wait until Friday or a positive confirmation that AW can indeed be obtained from event chests this week.

It has been confirmed that Archproxy Yvendra is available from event chests this week (see this thread), but no one has yet reported obtaining Arachnaean Weaver in event chests (for circumstantial evidence suggesting that it might not be, see this post in particular) after more than 10 AY pulls (edit: now around 20 reported AY pulls) from event keys.

One plausible explanation for the bug is that AY, as the monthly mythic, has been coded to be the unique mythic in chests where it can be obtained for a week, and that the edge case in which the weekly kingdom would coincide with the monthly mythic release has not been considered properly.

16 Likes

That’s literally how its supposed to work.

New mythic release overrides event kingdom mythic. This time it just so happens that the event week includes the new release; any other matchup would have event keys getting no mythics until Friday, this is the only time they have any with a new mythic.

As I said to my guild, hold keys until Friday if one really wants Weaver.

Okay I may not know.

…

But clearly I did know.

1 Like

I don’t believe anything is explicitly stated about exclusivity of the mythic in event keys. For instance, the in-game announcement for monthly mythics states

This is certainly not the case; you can still get mythics corresponding to the weekly kingdom from event keys even during the monthly mythic release.

Wait what? Is this confirmed anywhere? I thought event keys were independent of the new monthly troop. So, I thought you could still get a mythic from event keys during that new mythic week, it would just be the event kingdom mythic and not the new one.

If during new mythic week, mythics generally dont drop in event chest (since usually the new mythic is from a different kingdom), I will save my keys those weeks. Dont tell me I have been wasting them.

Okay I might be wrong. That text is compelling. So a dev needs to explain this one.
… waiting skeleton pic anyone.

1 Like

its true usually kingdom weekly mythics drop separately from new mythic week and i have a feeling this is an accident like zuul in the diamonds drop pool or guild guardians in gold chests because when queen of sin was out on sin of maraj week she was excluded from the pool

I’ve spent over 2000 event keys chasing a second copy of AW today and obviously didn’t get one, I did get 4 of the newer one. I’m not impressed if this info is true. Yet another bug in this game this is getting ridiculous now. Even if they fix it I’ve wasted so many keys that only a copy of AW as compensation will suffice

4 Likes

spent 4400 event keys hoping for a weaver and got 4 yvendras

2 Likes

The intended handling is very clear here, it’s event documented in the official Game Guides:

grafik

If Arachnean Weaver isn’t in event chests IP2 has a problem on their hands, gashas paid for with money that do not contain the jackpot pose a serious legal issue. This has happened in the past, with IP2 pulling just about every creative trick possible to weasel out of responsibility.

17 Likes

That description is very clear and does not state all other Mythics would be excluded.

If proof is not given that AW is in event chests they have defrauded all who have attempted to get him.

4 Likes

This is crazy, I’ve been saving up Event keys for over a month. Today I spent over 700 Event keys trying to obtain Arachnaean Weaver. Event keys to my understanding are not affected by new Mythic. I have not heard any confirmation from any player that they have received AW from event chest. So if this is a glitch…I feel that I and other players should be compensated for the loss of keys.

1 Like

I would suggest that anyone who has used event keys this week should contact the support team and request that they are reimbursed with all keys spent:

https://gemsofwar.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

2 Likes

Hey all,

@Kafka just posted an update on Archproxy Yvendra appearing in chests and not seeing Arachnaean Weaver, in the Campaign update original post.

Jeto - Support Human :woman_mage:t2:

So what about the event keys we have already wasted??? We want them back or a copy of Weaver as compensation. Thank you.

8 Likes

Posting my response from the other thread here as well for those not following both threads. What @Kafka said conflicts with what is stated in game.

Note in game it does not mention exclusivity to event chests.

5 Likes

You devs need a way to publish information like that in the game.

This is not the only one I play, and in my other game there is a pop up notification function and a dynamic news section - whenever something major is going on (and this is major) then the information gets published in the game.

It’s ridiculous that players have to go to the forums to get information, and then there’s not even a new PSA thread but the info is hidden somewhere.

3 Likes

Actually, that information wasn’t published anywhere, forums or otherwise, until today.

Anyway, good to know that it’s not a bug, it’s just fraud.

13 Likes

This is from the in-game documentation on finding mythics. It strongly implies that, if the new mythic is from the kingdom featured in event chests, then the new mythic drops from events chests alongside the other mythics from that kingdom.

15 Likes

Oh hey, that isn’t one of the articles I wrote. I feel a bit better now.

Yikes. I predicted that somehow Archproxy wouldn’t be in Event chests at all, and thats what people would be mad about this week.

Looking at the text of it all I have to note that nothing explicitly states that if the new mythic is in event chests, it wouldn’t be exclusive to those also. It is simply heavily implied. The only explicit promise made on the support site game guides would be that it would be available in event chests on the week it was released if said release coincided with an exclusive period.

The only explicit promise made by the New Mythic Troop news page is that it would be the exclusive mythic in Glory, Gem, Guild, and VIP chests for one week only.

Actually, scratch that, this whole time every mythic has this entire time been stating it was exclusive to these chests types. This carries a fundamentally different meaning than stating it is exclusive in these chest types, as in “this is the only mythic you can get in these chests this week” versus what is stated here “these chests are the only place you can get this mythic for this week”. When you say “x is exclusive to y” it means that no other groups that y implicitly belongs to can contain x, not that no other groups that x belongs to can be in y. If you say “The Big Mac is exclusive to McDonalds.” that doesn’t mean the Big Mac is the only hamburger you can find at McDonalds, it means that other restaurants don’t have a Big Mac. The way it is stated in game doesn’t even make an explicit promise that you can’t pull other mythics from those chests! That part, however, is widely understood and clarified in the game guides, including this bit (and the several others that have been posted):

If we accept this interpretation of the text, it was explicitly (if accidentally) promised that the Event Chest would not contain the mythic at all by the in-game text (where most people would look).

Regardless of interpretations, I can make two statements of fact here:

1. The contents of chests remains hidden, so it is impossible to tell what can be pulled without being told by someone (who can then just be incorrect)
  2. The contents of chests did not meet many players’ expectations

Let me clarify that I don’t think anyone is upset that this mythic is the only mythic in event keys for the first five days of this week. This is, after all, the first time such an overlap has happened. The problem is that from a player perspective, it is impossible to tell in-game which mythics were in chests before spending keys which also coincided with a never before seen exclusivity period and kingdom event overlap. That is going off all combined public sources across forums and help articles on websites (which heavily implied both would be in chests during this period) when a simple button press, in game, should always unequivoically tell you whether something is or isn’t. This is, to my knowledge, the first time a kingdom’s mythic table has been (intentionally, not counting the times where the chance was just 0% oopsie) restricted, and nowhere does it say that it would be in even vague terms. Something with a normally 0.11% drop rate already not being in chests during a period when the average expectation is that it would be (if at a reduced rate due to another thing now being on the same table) needs more than a day-late passing mentioned in an unrelated campaign thread.

And… even if you decided that this was how it was going to be beforehand, you have a responsibility that this is communicated unequivoically. Even myself, as someone playing for over 5 years and been present during every drop debacle, failed to predict that this is how drops would be handled, since it took an extra step to conditionally modify event key drop tables for this period (something that is not normally done during a mythic exclusive) and there was not one word about it ahead of time. This also leads me believe this was not, in fact, a “bug” but rather a misguided attempt at making things meet player expectations while not only failing to communicate this but failing spectacularly at meeting expectations.

tl;dr:
Please understand that any discussion here is not about what should or shouldn’t be in chests during this unprecedented overlap, but the fact that what is or isn’t in chest is not something that can be gleaned by using every combined resources available when said information should be readily available in-game. Given the information that was available prior to the post made by Kafka, there was nothing to suggest that Arachnean Weaver wouldn’t be available in event chests during the first four days of this week. Though this is, again, simply an implied promise, you should give greater care to conveying this information.

Why isn’t the information of what is and isn’t in chests available in-game yet?

17 Likes