Arachnaean Weaver may not be in Event Chests until Friday

@Kafka AW should be in the chest. I am disappointed with the fact that the rules are changed on the fly. This is not acceptable. Devs could’ve warned us before this happened.

2 Likes

I saw that video. So spot on :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

Or send an in-game email about it. It is Thursday already and no in-game message.
They are happy that many people wasted resources.

1 Like

I am not sure how they should fix this, but I know a simple rollback will not make me happy. I just know my luck, I did end up with the new mythic, but I really wanted weaver of course. I had saved up for a long time for this event. Giving me back my event keys and taking away my new mythic will result in me getting no mythics…with my luck I just know this will happen.

For me the only true and fair way to take care of this is allow me to trade one copy of the new mythic for weaver. I know that I might have pulled this new mythic anyway, but I will never know, and it just hits me wrong…and it is not going to break their in game economy to do this…

3 Likes

For all those who don’t use the forum much and/or are new to GoW errors like this - welcome to our weekly drama! This happens all the time. Communication issues are only outdone by actual bugs released every time there’s new content. Don’t expect compensation - you might get 50 gems, at best.

Hope you enjoy your Gems of War experience!

/s

3 Likes

Looks like we are headed toward “bad ending” because not enough people know they were affected (and maybe partially because of too many players getting burned before and being cautious so less being affected… so… upside/downside?)

Remember:

1. Chest contents drop rates are displayed in game for a reason, and this reason is likely as a form of compliance
  2. There was no documentation (anywhere) that Arachnean Weaver was not available in event chests for the first four days of this week until a day into this period, wherein the only official reference was buried in an unrelated thread on the forums.
  3. There is no other instance in the history of Gems of War of a troop being (intentionally) removed from Event Key drop pool because there was an “exclusive” mythic in other chest types.
  4. Given this, there is no way you could have known the chest did not have what you were after until it was too late.

Bottom line, the drop rates were altered, and you were not properly informed.

13 Likes

The lesson learned, as Magnusimus pointed out somewhere: it is never safe to be the first one to spend resources, or to download an update. The game has a history of unannounced changes/interactions that players deserve to be informed of ahead of time. Let other people be the guinea pigs so you don’t spin your wheels seeking an outcome the game will not provide.

1 Like

I believe there’s a better way, at least for for those parts where there’s money involved. Don’t spend, and advise other players to not spend. There have been multiple occasions in the past where IP2 failed to deliver products as purchased, sometimes even double-charging without taking steps from their side to return the extra money received. I guess there needs to be a player guide about this, cautioning new players that IP2 is a business partner best avoided. If I find some time I’ll whip something up for guild networks to add to their guide sections.

4 Likes

A couple of guildies just had their support tickets closed with, “thanks for the suggestions!” That’s not good enough, fam. Y’all did a thing that contradicted your own in-game documentation and you’re going to hide behind, “working as intended”? Completely unacceptable.

4 Likes

Has anyone gotten Arcachnaean Weaver in event keys now that supposedly the new Mythic isn’t the only drop?

It’s not Zhul’Kari week anymore, so you won’t be getting Weaver from event keys now, but yes, it was available from Friday to Sunday.

2 Likes

Wait, why was it added in if it was ‘working as intended’ or ‘never supposed to be in there’?

Sarcasm aside, mythic week exclusivity would have ended on Thursday regardless.

3 Likes

The response i got to my ticket. I am not happy at all.

1 Like

I’m certainly not buying any more campaign passes. Incompetence I could tolerate, but after this stunt I feel like spending money on this game would be supporting actual criminals.

3 Likes

yeah I am actually surprised by this response…

They stay low till the storm is passing and no compensations will be given out.
Buy a beer instead of the campaign pass, cry over your lost keys and move on.

1 Like

They know they can wait it out. Give it a week or two and people will have moved on and started talking about something else. This has been the trend for years now.

But but…those $10 mythics are too good to pass up and they don’t want to fall behind and have an incomplete collection!!!11!11!1one

This is a case of fraud by omission (as in, they didn’t properly inform the players) and as much as I want to see the game get kicked squarely in the bottom line for it I know most people on the pa$$ train are going to keep chugging along, probably justifying it as “only paying for the parts of the game they like” or some other nonsense and not realizing all the money goes into the same pot and the suits don’t care as long as the number on the balance sheet is higher than the last fiscal period.

5 Likes

Well, going by the Reply button your ticket is still open. They are offering to treat your refund request as feedback that doesn’t require any further action from their side. If you aren’t happy with that, reply that you insist on them upholding their part of the deal. The game claimed Arachnean Weaver would be in event gashas, they eventually admitted this wasn’t true after the damage was done, you want to proceed with rolling back all related openings. In case you would instead be okay with exchanging one of your Archproxy Yvendra for the Arachnean Weaver you intended to pull, offer it as sign of good will from your side to save them effort. If you don’t do anything you’ll accept their offer by silent consent, they’ll eventually close the ticket and file the dispute as solved to full satisfaction of both parties involved.

3 Likes

Weren’t there two people on here that said they were compensated and happy with it? Why isn’t everyone affected being treated the same way?