All negative effects may still apply if yours or the enemy's troop was entangled when dealing 0 skull damage

Platform, device version and operating system:
PC, Steam client, Game: 4.3.0.07, OS: Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit) Service Pack 1 (up-to-date)

Screenshot or image:
As you can see from this screenshot, Deathmark was inflicted on the enemy when my Hero was entangled. This is not an intended behavior and it mimics the same issue like it was with the Dexterous and Agile trait.

Video:
None provided so far.

What were you expecting to happen, and what actually happened:
I had a buff on my team - Inflict/apply Deathmark negative effect when doing skull damage in the final Boss room, room 9 in Delves - Primal Rift faction.
However, when the skull match was made, my troop or Hero was entangled, so it did 0 damage to enemy troop. Still, the effect was applied. It’s unclear if this bug is only isolated to the Delve mode (beneficial trait/perk/ability), or is it widespread throughout all the game modes.

It’s quite a strong possibility to assume that this can also happen with all the other negative status effects:

Full list is described here: (not tested so far)

• Death Mark effect: (Death Touch trait). Examples: Nightshade, Herald of Chaos
  • Poison effect: (Venomous trait). Example: Scorpius
  • Hunter’s Mark effect: (Eagle Eye trait). Example: Crimson Arrow
  • Freeze effect: (Chill touch trait). Example. Ice Golem
  • Web effect: (Snare trait). Example: Dark Maiden
  • Bleed effect: (Razor Teeth trait). Example: Horned Asp
  • Entangle effect: (Tangle trait). Example: Green Golem
  • Silence effect: (Serenity trait). Example: Silent Sentinel
  • Burn effect: (Aflame, Sun Flare, Conflagration trait). Examples: Phoenicia, Infernus, Nightmare
  • Stun effect: (Knockout trait). Examples: Lion Prince, Rock Troll
  • Disease effect: (Plague Touch trait). Examples: Creeper, High King Irongut

Pretty much reminds me to this bug report: (situation is almost the same, just the circumstances are slightly different.)

Related bug report:

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
Always. Unknown. Must be a long-term issue.

Steps to make it happen again:

• Play Delves or Explore mode, you can also try to setup your Defense Team with your current team.
  • Enemy team or troop should have the ability to entangle your troops.
  • To test in other game modes than Delves, try using troops that inflict Deathmark/Frozen, etc. negative effects while the top troop is entangled. (It would be best to test all negative effects to determine the issue)

@Kafka
@Cyrup

If you have any questions, let me know. I’ll try to assist as best as I can.

I’ll say it again.
It’s quite possible that this is not isolated to the Delves (bonus beneficial trait), but it can also be present in all the game modes, and not only with the Deathmark, but with all the other negative effects as well. The only condition for this is that your top troop is entangled when matching skulls.

Was it, by any chance, a 4- or 5-skull match? Or maybe it contained a doomskull?

Entangle completely nulifies only an ordinary 3-skull match. Anything that goes above deals a small amount of damage and thus activates skull-hit (edit: skull-damage) related traits.
(If you observe carefully, you’ll see, for example, that entagled 4-skull does 1 damage, 5-skull does 2 damage.)

2 Likes

Hey this is a known issue which we’re currently looking into Thanks! :slight_smile:

1 Like