After update there is no update for IPhone

The new game version came out, I expected to download the new version like always, it works fine on Steam, however there is no version update for my IPhone, I tried to delete the game and reinstall it and nothing changed.

2 Likes

Yup, same issue here. Hopefully it gets sorted soon

2 Likes

Same here.

1 Like

Here too. Going to be a long day

1 Like

My poor tributes being missed, they can pay me back in gems and event keys lol

1 Like

This could be the longest I have gone in 4 years without playing (whilst awake at least). Do you think this highlights some kind of problem? :laughing:

1 Like

The update has been published to the App Store from our end, this was the same time as the Google Play version. Unfortunately it appears the iOS version is taking a long time to propagate to the store, which is out of our hands. In the past we’ve had it take a long time, but probably 5 or 6 hours max. This is by far the longest we’ve had so far so hopefully it won’t be too much longer.

6 Likes

It will definitely be a long day for you @CharlesCharlieCharls lol

1 Like

It sure is! I hope you will be relaxing my requirements in light of this issue :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I hope someone at Apple can give you an explanation for what happened. This is approaching 10 hours by now, right? That is ridiculous for a cross-platform developer to have to deal with.

2 Likes

I’m glad I’m not the only one but also this really sucks. Hopefully the update comes out soon!

3 Likes

I’ve updated on my pc and all was well. I uninstalled GOW on my phone thinking I could cheat this whole thing but low and behold there it was again. sobs heavily

1 Like

Bored now…:roll_eyes:

Wow, yes that is a serious issue! There might be pills for that, though. I am also on IOS, but I can still play the game, only not with the new Update.

Still? Really?

The old version is still available, but what’s the point?

2 Likes

@Mutha - its amazing how slowly my workday goes without Gems :sob:

2 Likes

Its a very serious issue when i need to recruit and dont know where or who will see it!

1 Like

Can you even get into the game if you download the old version? Not willing to try myself, but there is a screenshot in this very thread saying that the new version—which isn’t available yet—was required to play.

Here’s the way this works.

Your account knows the highest version you’ve logged in with. So if you logged into GoW with an updated client on Steam or Android, your account has been marked as a 4.3 account.

Once you log in with a new client, any attempt to log in with a previous client will be rejected by the server. This is (probably) supposed to handle a case where perhaps updating to a new version changes your account in a way that makes it incompatible with the old versions.

But it’s not a system designed to handle that the clients don’t release simultaneously.

The moral of the story: until the update is live on all of your platforms, it’s not released.

My conspiracy theory? 4.3 failed App Store certification and had to be resubmitted, it will be 48 hours to a week for that to happen. The devs know we can’t prove it, so it’s easy to say “I dunno, Apple’s weird” and watch the players fall in line. Lying comes easy, once you start.

6 Likes

Yea I can’t get in on iOS any more. Rip