After Gnome rebuff and reward reduce amounts

not something i would be dedicating my time to hunt anymore. especially when TH is a more reliable source for gems :joy:

Gnomes with lesser rewards in exchange for a increased rate to appear are much better instead of having some slightly better rewards but being nearly impossible to find.

Letā€™s toss some numbers trying to make things clear:

• If the original spawn rate were a static 1/500 (One gnome on each 500 battles) you would have one chance to kill this gnome and maybe get a rather good reward like 20 gems or the top reward of one Vault Key.

• If this current rate would be a static 1/100 (One gnome on each 100 battles) you now have five chances to kill the gnomes in the course of 500 battles. Maybe you wonā€™t get a total of rewards as good as before, but the biggest prize, the Vault Key, has more chances to be drop (even with the reduced drop rate of these keys as stated by Sirrianā€™s post).

Players that couldnā€™t play longer than two hours intervals would hardly find some gnomes with the old rate unless they get really lucky, so they would basically miss the fun, to them it would be like a non-existent featureā€¦ Even people playing four to six hours straight were reporting it as nearly impossible.

With this current spawn rate the devs achieved many things, they showed us that they care about our feedback and that they will listen to our reasoning if it makes at least some sense. The gnomes are more present which gives all players a chance to find them and feel some excitement about what theyā€™ll find as treasure.

Something very hard to achieve with the intended spawn rate, and if by chance the gnome escapes, the whole experience would turn itself inside-out and the frustration magnified by ten times at leastā€¦

Some will surely feel disappointed with the lesser rewards, but itā€™s mostly because they are already over any need for those resources they can generate with other game modes.

But for many players starting out the rewards are still great and thatā€™s another good thing achieved with this change. Endgamers will find gnomes sometimes and maybe the only good thing they can get is the Vault Key, newish players will find gnomes sometimes and everything they can get is useful.

No one is losing anything, we are all gaining something meaningful. And weā€™ll get even more and have more fun during the ā€œGnome Hunting Season Eventā€.

Season

7 Likes

2,500 gold (explore)
5 diamonds (Ranked PVP)

1 Like

Updated with new comments.

To those complaining about the lower rewards all im going to say, is no shit. People asked for them to be more common with less rewards. Devs listened, added in less rewards and kept the high rewards, and increased their spawn rate. Now, low and behold, people are complaining about the low amounts of rewards. From now, if you feel like complaining about how little the rewards are, do it elsewhere and not in here, the devs listened to everyone and done exactly as they asked.

12 Likes

Iā€™m sure if it was possible, everyone would ask for things to be exactly as they were without any reward deduction.

People arenā€™t that stupid to expect a return to former rewards.

I will also support anyone that wants to say that 2 minor traitstones or 100 souls is a bit of a stupid gnome prize.

2 Likes

Fine, but do it elsewhere. This thread is about the amount of rewards, and how often they spawn, and vault keys spawn.

Nothing to do with entitlement from players

50k gold and 60k gold to add to the list 1x each

100 souls x2
5 gems x5
3 event keys
20000 gold

didnā€™t play a lot, so the rewards are ok, I guess
(except the amount of souls)

7 Gnomes in one hour of explore.

4 gem keys
4k gold
1 event key
1 event key
2 minor stones
2.5k gold
20 gems

1 Like

Todayā€™s trait farming Gnome stats for me (average was 38 matches per Gnome)

23-Feb
# of Matches Gnome Reward
29 5 gems
22 500 souls
48 100 souls
33 6000 gold
6 100 souls
55 5 diamonds
59 4 gem keys
37 1 gem keys
9 100 souls
26 2.5k gold
67 5 gems
16 6k gold
81 2 diamonds
2 100 souls
51 4k Gold
48 2.5k gold
20 1 Event Key
22 3 Event Keys
1 100 souls
31 3 Event Keys
31 6k gold
2 Likes

Updated everything so far

1 Like

Only 2 Vault keys pulled. :no_mouth:

2 gnomes for the moment for me:

1x 30k gold
1x 3 celestial traitsones

One of our guild got a vault key, and then got Cedric Sparklesack from the vault. Soā€¦it is at least currently possible.

3 Likes

I think nedd add supper reward,more like 1 million gold,200 gems or 500 trophies legendary cards.decrease ratio and add supper reward.

Does anyone know if the gnomes inside the vault got the same nerf as the ones that can appear in battles? Because if they did then the recent rebuff didnā€™t do us any favors. Before the rebuff we still had the same chance of getting a vault key but at least if we did manage to get one the rewards were excellent.

Itā€™s looking like the # of battles needed to get a vault key on average now is 2 or 3 thousand. So if the rewards inside are only 2 minor traitstones and souls/gold then what is the point?

1 Like

I donā€™t think they touched rewards in the vault

i still cant find a vault key :"(

1 Like

In the Vault, I got 4 minor traitstones like an hour after the rebuff. (and 50k gold and 4 gem keys). wasnā€™t happy.

1 Like

80 gnomes - 0 vault keys :zap::zap::zap:

1 Like