After Gnome rebuff and reward reduce amounts

Yeah I just saw Tacet get a vault key. He got 100 gems from Sparklesack and from the 3 gnomes got 10k gold, 4k gold and 100 souls. Confirmed the vault gnomes are nerfed. This sucks. We were far better off with less gnomes but greater rewards.

3 Likes

Well something appears to have changed the average of 41 explore matches from the previous 2 days jumped to 73 today. Also my Arcane and Celestial drop rates dropped from 6.2% the last few days / weeks to 5.1% as well :thinking:

24 and 25 - FEB
# of Matches Gnome Reward
29 2 minor TS
199 4k Gold
53 1 gem key
3 100 souls
142 20 gems
27 1 gem key
56 100 souls
42 2 minor nature TS
24 4k Gold
80 5 gems
60 5 gems
59 100 souls
170 100 souls
1 Like

If anyone manages to get a vault key Iā€™d probably save it til a vault event seeing as the rewards in those periods is supposed to be better.

People complained and now the gnomes are more common but rubbish. Shame. At least they should be better in vault event weeks.

I doubt the rewards will be better in the vault in the vault events, but it will be easier to get a vault key because of a better drop rate. If I am wrong, oh wellā€¦

1 Like

A second vault key finally dropped and I got the man (gnome?) himself:

5 Likes

Gnomes should be rare to find and their rewards considerable good. 100 souls or 2,5k gold is like nothing :confused:

2 Likes

Those rewards are downright insulting though.

3 Likes

They were before almost everyone started complaining, now theyā€™re pretty much worthless unfortunately. I know itā€™s free stuff but 2 minor stones or 2 diamonds are just totally pointless. I for one wish theyā€™d left them as they were.

1 Like

I did not know that the rewards in the vault, other than what the Legendary can give was so low. But he was damn lucky getting the new Legendary, so what he got was not an insult.

1 Like

Well, this would be true, except for the fact that Cedric doesnā€™t actually increase the chances of a Vault Key dropping or gnomes appearingā€¦ his traits are utterly unremarkable unless youā€™re looking to gold farm, in which case youā€™re better off playing 3T PvP anyway.

If anyone has any ideas for a team for him, let me know. Iā€™m not terribly impressed.

You rather would prefer 100 gems like tacet got, rather than a Legendary you were missing in your collection?

2 Likes

Iā€™m not sure what Iā€™m missing here by not having Cedric? Maybe some sort of cutting edge Explore gold-cum-traitstone farming build? Heā€™s like the Pharos-Ra of gold farming, albeit with a more incoherent design.

At any rate, thatā€™s 16 arcane blade traitstones which I donā€™t have right now, so.

Ah, now I get you. You dont want new troops that you dont like or have plans for. I am a collector so I am happy for every new card, doesnt mean I will play them

4 Likes

Updated with whats in thread so far.

Honestly, i only want a vault key for the troops im missing, as well as the achievement on Steam. the rewards outside of that could all be 100 gems, or minor traitstones and it wont bother me in the slightest.

3 Likes

Iā€™d take cedric too, itā€™s just the other vault rewards are terrible unfortunately.

The minor traitstones are the only really pointless reward, since they are so common. Iā€™m quite happy even with two diamonds - Iā€™m seeing more gnomes, and Iā€™m going to keep seeing them, so those diamonds will keep adding up.

3 Likes

Hereā€™s my loot so far from gnomes:

100 souls x13
500 souls x3
2,500 gold x14
4000 gold x10
6000 gold x1
10,000 gold x3
20,000 gold x3
1 gem key x5
4 gem keys x2
1 event key x6
3 event keys x1
5 gems x9
20 gems x2
2 diamonds x4
5 diamonds x4
2 minor traitstones x15
VAULT KEY x1

So altogether 96 gnomes for 1 vault key. Got the key after 20 gnomes so since then Iā€™ve found 76 gnomes with no vault key.

2 Likes

Based on the devā€™s stated odds of ā€œabout 1 in 30ā€ for a gnome to appear, mutliplied by the odds in the OP of this thread for getting a vault key (3 in 245 or about 1.2 percent) the odds of getting a vault key in any given match are approximately 1 in 2,500.

Itā€™s tight. Just had 50,000 gold off one. What are the highest rewards?