Since it came up in another thread, I wanted to quickly cover the status of changes to (i.e. buffs to) the Vault rewards.
TL;DR - Some time before the weekend, we’ll be deploying a buff of about 40% (on average) to Vault Loot Rewards.
Read on for the details:
We’ve had this in the works for a little while, and it mainly came about because we wanted to increase the appearance of Gnomes from 1% to 3% after the release of 3.4
When we made them appear 3x more often, unfortunately, we needed to decrease the amount of loot they dropped by an equivalent amount. Basically, you saw 3 times as many Gnomes, but each one dropped one third as much loot.
This had the unfortunate knock-on effect of reducing the amount of loot in the Treasure Vault!
I mentioned at the time we’d investigate buffing that in the future when we had a chance. We wanted to make sure we had it done some time before this week’s Vault Event!
So… some math to explain the buff.
Roughly speaking, in the original version of the Vault, 3 Gnomes dropped X rewards, and Cedric dropped 4X (algebra, not the beer - sorry - Australian humor)
That gave roughly (on average) 7X worth of loot.
After the change to Gnomes, Cedric remained at 4X, but the Gnomes got X/3
That gave roughly (on average) 5X worth of loot.
So we needed a 50% buff to Cedric’s loot to bring it back in line with what we originally intended.
In more real (and exact) terms, Cedric’s average loot value has risen from 205 Gems-worth to 292-Gems-worth. Obviously that’s not exactly 50% increase, but as I mentioned above, those 'X’s were illustrative rough values only.
What does this mean in real terms of loot?
- Greater chances to get Cedric
- Greater chances to get Major & Minor Chaos Orbs
- More keys/gold/soulsdiamonds when you get them
- Slightly less chance to get keys, gold, diamonds, and souls
- One larger 250 Gem reward has been added at a small chance
What if you used Keys previous to this weekend? Can you get them back?
- Sorry - we won’t be issuing any key refunds. But rejoice! It’s a buff!
When will this release exactly?
- It will be released some time before the Vault event this Friday. No exact date at the moment.
Can I get Cedric’s epic moustache as loot?
- We’re saving that for the 3.9 body hair update, sorry.