A whole perfect GW week ruined because of one move

I did 1 mistake and I got this in return.
Seriously wht bother spending money AND time on OP mythics when a simple super cheap goblin team can destroy you.

5 Likes

Oh well, thats life. They also took fully adventage of your dark storm…

3 Likes

I feel yah, mine was even better but no video :thinking:.

1 move and it was over in 13 goblin casts.

1 Like

cough cough Mab

4 Likes

Yeah, on a side note maybe I should ve put a Mab in the mix but I feel like it wouldn t make much of a difference.

1 Like

Not using Mab on purple day, what is this madness?!

2 Likes

At 1:12 I can clearly hear your “F### this shit I’m out”.

3 Likes

Exactly :joy: :rofl:

1 Like

Face this defeat as a learning experience and keep improving your skills and counter-teams the best you can. Next time you won’t be so careless towards cheap teams, goblins or not, just because you are bringing Mythics and Legendaries.

About bringing a team with Mab to face goblins: Maybe she wouldn’t make a difference, maybe a team with her wouldn’t even reach the same scores you can with your team in the video. But if we deal with extremes assuming that your current teams would lose 80% of the battles against Goblins and a new team with Mab would lose 50% of the times you can obviously see that you get better results.

Even using her outside of Purple and Blue Day, which means losing some points, would be better than increasing your chance to lose a battle or to finish a battle missing a troop.

I hope this advice help you on your considerations.

5 Likes

Sure I don t mind loosing a few points, I have a back up team with almost an infinite loop for purple days.
I will use them next time I see goblins, that s a fact :yum:

3 Likes

If you have no 4-match on first turn, and on its first turn AI gets one 4-match cascade, resulting in fizz and nobend exploding 13 consecutive times (happened to me), you can even have Eternal Mab on your side but you are f*cked :joy::joy::joy:

9 Likes

BTW since I don t like to hide anything, my back up team for purple days is Green Seer/Giant Spider/Kraken/Yasmine.

With that team I got 8.7k points using it in all 5 battles. I did it to test how much points would I lost if I use them.

1 Like

Lol, that was me three weeks ago, similar goblin team. Except I didn’t make a mistake, and got wiped on goblins second turn.

1 Like

I’ve had a few of those recently. I had a FUswitch match against MawMercy in a GW game this morning: first turn, board was safe, few purples or yellows around, I took a 4match and then made an innocuous move near the top of the board. A chain of cascades triggered, yay more mana for me, but no extra turn, and left a big clump of yellow and purples together. Then Mercy > Maw > IK > Shegrra > Mercy > IK cast and I didn’t get a second turn. I’d brought a nice purple team too, to watch the enemy wipe us all out.

2 Likes

This exact thing have happened to me in GW as well, but thankfully just once.

2 Likes

This is so true! :rofl:

1 Like

those fights are the only one, week for week, sometimes in pvp, always in gk… with this annoying bugged ki

There’s a moral somewhere in this story. Perhaps something about how it’s not how large it is…

I sympathize greatly with how unfair infinity-looping against Goblins can feel. That said… this was player error at every step of the way.

You brought High-Mana Troops and no Freeze ability to a fight against low-Mana Troops looping Troops.

They you consistently failed to pick the correct Gems and handed AI multiple free 4-Matches and the Mana they critically needed.

The first move you made you gave them a 4-match which was foreseeable and preventable. The 2nd match Nobend needed one more gather but you failed to deprive Red/Brown which the AI happily took (you could have done the Brown match in Quadrant 1 to break it all up). On move 3 you handed another 4 Match while lining up more Red which got Nobend ready to Cast again. By that point the fight was over.

Goblins are annoying AF when they take over, but countering them is not impossible. Frozen Soul, Chill Touch, Mab are some of many approaches which help beat looping teams like Goblins and Wisps, etc.

5 Likes

Eh, I get maimed by the Goblins team a lot too.

But for every game where they get 10 turns against me there’s 5 or 6 where I manage to flatten them before they get a turn. They’re inconsistent and risky in terms of their performance, but when it works, it WORKS.