A New Mythic Approaches - Death

i guess i wouldnt mind Death buffed into dealng true damage,
it just wouldnt feel like much of a change to me, i feel like death should be more deadly (deal more damage) somehow

put them in the meme thread, that thread is withering without you

2 Likes

Yeah unfortunately i have neglected my thread far too long… An oversight i intend to correct promptly :wink:

1 Like

The problem with Death isn’t tuning him; the problem with Death is that the devs have painted themselves into a corner with Death Mark. When the effect is “randomly flat-out kill a unit”, either it’ll happen often enough that it needs to be nerfed, or it happens rarely enough that it’s a shock when it actually does something. There really is no middle ground, even theoretically, because one person’s “now it’s perfect and happens just enough” will always be another person’s “still happens way too [often|rarely]”.

I honestly don’t think Death will ever feel balanced unless either A) he loses AoE Death Mark and is entirely changed or B) Death Mark is fundamentally changed. Aaaaaaand since neither one seems likely to happen…

2 Likes

ime death is absolutely useless, even before DM’s nerf.
It required too much mana, so it could cast rarely. Even when it casted, the dmg would be irrelevant, and cuz rng does not like me, it would rarely kill an enemy unit, 2 tops. Most of the time the enemy would recover without any dmg and i would have felt like throwing 24 mana into the gutter.
As a defence, DK was and is much better, since AI seems to have better luck with DM.
Imho the only use death has is to be coupled with crimson bat.

Maybe Deathmark needs to change to something like:

Target takes (let’s say) x5 damage from all sources. Wears off after damage is taken, but CANNOT be cleansed.

This should make players fear the status effect, yet if you avoid damage or somehow take minor (from a Kraken trait or split damage) troops may still survive. But, the x5 multiplier will still keep relatively minor damage spells and/or small attack values. good against Deathmarked troops, which would make it more viable.