A Crafting Guide - SPOILERS for crafting!

Nothing official that I’m aware of, I tried crafting a few and only got UR+s

Unfortunately no, you get Jewels from Dungeon battles which you can then turn into Summoning stones with Souls.

2 Likes

Isn’t better to use gold key to try to catch commun and rare then craft summon stones?

These stones look very useless imo

No I’m sure you get those stones from dungeons because I haven’t crafted any jewels but I did craft two troops that required summoning stones or jewels just to test the crafting system once you get any indicator on the scroll list that would mean you have all resources needed to craft

Summoning stones are crafted from jewels, but jewels are dropped from dungeons. Summoning stones themselves do not drop.

1 Like

I think there might be a terminology mix up here. Jewels refers to these:

Sapphire (Blue)
Sapphire
Emerald (Green)
Emerald
Ruby (Red)
Ruby
Topaz (Yellow)
Topaz
Amethyst (Purple)
Amethyst
Garnet (Brown)
Garnet

Summoning Stones refers to these, which are only craftable:

3 Likes

Like I said I only craft when I have an indicator on scroll lists

Can someone remind me the number of Diamond on the special day (Sunday?), pleeease? Both as a reward and the pack :slight_smile: .

Same amount as during the week, except with 100% chance. I know the rest of the week will also be changing to 100% chance, but with proportionally lower payout, so I’m going to assume Sunday will retain the “full” payout amount.

Gem pack was worth 80 and $5 pack was worth 150 if I remember.

1 Like

If you lose a dungeon match do you miss out on everything for the day, or can you just retry the fight?

You suppose to be able to retry without penalty

2 Likes

20/20/30 for the bosses, 80 in the gem pack, 150 in the $5 pack: ⚔️ Gems of War Guild Wars | Week 17 Day 6 | 1st Diamond Day! ⚔️ - YouTube

3 Likes

After one week of doing every dungeon and buying every money or gem pack I am at:

• 400 of each coloured gemstone (ruby, saphire, etc)
  • 990 Diamonds (may vary for others due to %chances in the dungeon battles)
  • 14400 of those shard things

With this I could build the weapons for the mythic weapon.
Or starting on crafting the weapons for the mythic guy.
Or save up for a mythic troop (4000 diamonds is a lot…)

3 Likes

Definitely convert those Shards to Diamonds.

And save your Jewels. Sounds like they’ll be improving Summoning Stones in the next update.

1 Like

My main goal is getting Xathenos without spending any money. I’m on my way…

15 Likes

In Soulforge, menu “Other”, Im still trying to understand why its possible to use 10 precious Diamonds to create the unbelievable amount of 100 souls.
Is is a trap from the devs? Some players not familiarized with Soulforge thinking “wow for 100 souls, I can receive 10 diamonds!” ?
Who in the world would ever spend 10 diamonds to gain 100 souls???

7 Likes

Before getting Valkyrie, 100souls felt like a lot. As an early game player you have no use for diamonds anyway, it may seem worth it to some players, I like that there’s the option.

2 Likes

Come on bro 1 challenge or arena run is better then waste diamond. If you are new i would never recommend you to use diamond for soul

5 Likes

And this is why I described it as “bait of the worst kind”. It only makes sense for people that have no idea of the relative value of things, who would later given hindsight know it was a bad idea even at the time. Within a few hours of starting the game, you are given access to treasure hunt and Tyri, who can generate treasure maps, which can get about this many souls in a few minutes counting the time it takes to get the maps, and Arena, which can also be used to supplement soul gain. No to mention challenges. If you are driven to the point where soul are so scarce that you can’t even complete these simplest of goals, then you don’t have any diamonds coming into your inventory anyways (guild task 11+ or Dungeon access is required to get diamonds without spending this same amount of souls).

7 Likes

The other thing to consider is the flip side of the game… what do you do with diamonds when you’ve crafted all the troops and weapons you need? It allows you to convert the diamonds to souls which you may or may not need for traitstones to trait your new troops. I’m not suggesting that it’s a good deal, or that it might not be better to save diamonds for new Soulforge releases. But there are cases I could see the recipe being used, it’s just that they’re edge cases.

3 Likes

I think that everyone on this topic had some really good points but from a commercial point of view, I feel that it has been managed quite well. Yes, there are a few things which needs some altering, and the suggestion of souls being used to craft diamonds is a fantastic idea and like everyone, we would all lile to be able to not spend any money to continue playing the game. However, considering how long this free downloadable game has been going, coupled by the fact that new players are still being attracted, I not only understand but agree on the way the game is put together.
If anything, I would only consider changing the amount of time you have to spend to be able to forge troops etc for free. But the game has to generate revenue somehow or else there will be no game. And if I think about the amount I have spent so far, its not a lot more than what I would spend buying a full game and far less than I have spent on something like Fifa for instance.
As far as the game dynamics and gameplay itself goes, I keep finding myself logging in everyday to atleast do my Guild Wars before possibly playing anything else, so the developers are in my mind, doing a fantastic job