8.0 Update: Immortals

And I was one of thise who went 1,2,3 until it was found that combination wasnt possible

7 Likes

This patch is a huge relief. It’s finally made me quit! Hola! Bravo!!

What is it potentially 4 concurrent passes?

475-8 last week, someone 700 levels lower I squeaked by and they played 214 battles. I played Blood Frenzy the entire week. No update on that madness.

Can’t support by playing, never mind paying.

14 Likes

To me, this game feels like a dying one. It may just be my grief talking because I feel I may leave very soon. But, I am in a Bracket 1 Guild and it has been so hard to even have a full guild the last 3 months. People rarely talk anymore aside from sharing a team or 2 for the Guild stuff for the week. In the Alliance I am in there is MAYBE 1 comment a WEEK! No day by day coordination on attacking or teams or “Did anyone see the new episode of The Boys?” Interaction. I am still 3 Dragons away from the saving all the Dragonite for the weapons and then Stella. How long will that take? Add in Underspore troops I will probably never get. Now we have MORE troops to hope RNG will give me???
I dont have the time, but more importantly, the enthuiasm anymore to chase troops that don’t want to be found. I would rather use my time to go back to Destiny 2 where they take your weapons away every season and make you get them all over again. Reading this update may have taken the last sliver of joy I have for this game away

19 Likes
17 Likes

This is a big deal, also. This game keeps leaning harder and harder away from the spend money to get something defined model and toward the spend money to spin the wheel of fortune model.

This is on top of leaning away from the earn this for free in a reasonable but slightly long amount of time or spend money to get it fast model and toward the free in twenty years or maybe (but also maybe not) cut that down a bit if you spend money.

This is not going to end well.

23 Likes

Right. Spend real money at the CHANCE of getting what you want. Its like those little Blind Bag toys where you dont know what toy you will get when you buy it. 15 figures in the set, but you might have to buy 30 bags to get them all

8 Likes

Just clarifying some of the stuff people are trying to work out, based on how I read this.

Sounds like the burning chests give souls for a random immortal, but weighted towards the current seasonal one.
" * Burning Chests will give one of the following:

• 10 – 50 Immortal Souls for a random Immortal
  • 20 Gold Marks or 50 Silver Marks
  • 1 Bronze, Silver or Gold Icon "

Legally the burning chests will need to give percentages, so we’ll find out, but I’ll bet they have a high chance of giving icons, and of those, the bronze will have the highest chance.

Yes. I think. But maybe not at the start of the first season. They definitely said it resets each season, previously. But if they’re giving a week with no penalties for changing alliance, at the beginning of the season, surely that means we won’t lose all our stuff then, otherwise they would be no penalty anyway?

1 chest gives 10-50 souls. It costs 10 souls to obtain the immortal. Based on costs for leveling using souls, every level will cost more than the one before it, so at least 10 souls every level, for 30 levels. 300 or more. So, 6 to 30 chests, if they all give immortal souls, and they all are for the one you want, which is unlikely. Probably way more than that.

2 Likes

Ok so ino Transworld is subject to changes, as not official, I can’t post a pic. But all immortal troops have kingdoms listed, ATM. Nexus, pans vale, glaciel, Shentang, whitehelm,mydnight,division, hellcrag, Adana and forest thorns

I haven’t read this elsewhere, but these immortals are also kingdom troops.

So will effect, events, vault weekend boss fight, explore 12 and lower.

These new troops, could actually be the end of this game, if every mode is effected by them.

And they have invulnerable as a trait, aswell as true scatter damage as a spell lol.

2 Likes

Is it time to start pushing for an Immortal Soul Gnome?

2 Likes

Zuul has kingdom but not used in any cpu teams. Don’t worry.

1 Like

Who asked for more currencies? Why do you always do the exact opposite of what everyone is wishing/asking for? That is a killer coincidence, if it is one. Why is the option to listen to the player base not a valid option?

As it stands, it all feels like a mad dream…

13 Likes

From what I see in patch notes, unused icons will be the means of getting a VP head start in each season. Since none of us have any icons yet, does that mean we’ll all go back to zero when season 1 starts? Because if that’s the case, then no one will be able to use alliance chat until they can grind out another 220k VP, thus making alliance chat useless.

1 Like

I wouldnt take it that far. they dont have spell reduction of any kind so most e12 fights will still run over them unless you were using zuul’goth/ctharrasque

Now if their e12 counterparts scaled based on your progress, that’s pretty stupid…

Not unwinnable but just unfun extra hurdle to deal with

1 Like

I guess a silent group of players love a billion different currencies and everyone gets to suffer enjoy progressing through a new feature at the same speed because its fair and balanced… which then never actually happens because people end up paying to progress faster.

Probably also has the idea that Gems of War isn’t pay to win because you can eventually get all of this stuff for free anyways! “free”

3 Likes

Raid, before ctharrasque was in the game.
Sorry if you’ve not played gems, long enough to remember Raid.

At level one, there equal to a level 20 mythic .

That will start, to strong to one shot, with iron hawk
Vault team.

Do you believe, that they won’t be entered .
As all iv seen , for over a year , from the developers.
Is ways to slow us, annoy us, make us spend more time in game, by making events longer or harder.

So me thinks, they’ll be in game asap.

Slows gaps, less keys.

7 Likes

I’m a tad confused over something.
Each season is 11 weeks , which is 77 days in Europe.
Ino in Australia it’s less, going by your days in work :rofl::rofl:.

But main point, takes 100 days to top the general ranking.

If it resets every 77 days, how’s this working.
Maybe my basic maths is off, and this is an Australian thing.

7 Likes

I don’t think your loyalty days will reset, just your VP. Still though, I don’t even like the idea of resetting your VP after each season. To me, it’s like why bother even trying to grind VP to boost your alliance rank if they’re just gonna take it away from you? I can’t picture myself doing any more PVP than just doing CW fights and gold mark region bonuses, that’s enough for me to get weekly goals done by the weekend.

6 Likes

But you need 800k to be general.

So if vp is reset, then you don’t have 800k.
So can’t be general.

the kingdoms that they’re featured in aren’t the kingdoms you’d be using ironhawk e1 with