4.6 Update Patch Notes

Can it please be discussed by the team then please.

There was a time when classes had no plans to be per team as well.

5 Likes

This is very disappointing news. Not looking forward to keeping track of the opponent guild’s progress and switching medals around mutiple times per day all GW week like we used to do for classes.

7 Likes

Another suggestion:

With team sharing, add in ability to share medals as well

If badges and medals did not count in wars then most would not even bother with them lol. Of course they are going to count as they should.

Please please please Devs can we lose the “Congratulations! You have unlocked the mini boss!” messages? Seriously these should be like tutorial msgs as in only appear the first time. Same with the Mythic boss battles.

29 Likes

hi guys :bear:
first off :open_mouth: i LOVE the update finnaly some grind time for free stats making the game itself interesting again :heart_eyes: explore is a mode to be worthy to earn Gold from now O.o made like 2 mio yesterday uff
BUT i adknowledged that aswell in explore , you cant retreat in the enemys turn anymore … said explore wouldnt bother anyone i guess …. but when you put that in pvp and you know you could safe the enemys turn and skip over all the animations # truffel loop for infinity till your dead i consider that a huge BUG could you pls fix that ASAP :sob: new medals are brilant imo HUGE grind for defense Teams = GW but on the side of the coin you will have enough medals or Badges to feed to troops then :wink:
SO OVERALL for me a really HAPPY update :slight_smile:

1 Like

QOL Suggestion:

Change the difficulty selection button location, currently its higher than start battle, and muscle memory makes me click off of it constantly lol.

Also Id like to add my voice to removing the mini boss pop up. Its annoying and pointless. Especially since its obvious you unlocked it since you cant click on Explore anymore and can only click on Mini Boss.

2 Likes

Whilst this might not be the place, it’s an official thread, so…

For any upcoming patch, can we please have more blooming team slots. Soon 34 classes, 29 next week I think and no change in slots. I get we can paste codes in and out of the game, but if we could perhaps have some extra slots it would be a huge QOL help.

A global buff of +6 team slots to all would really be of help. With all the new stuff and high echelon battles being integrated globally, one team isn’t always so good in several other kingdoms.

And, can we please also look at the GW troops. I’m looking at something like 140 weeks to get them from Epic to Mythic and I’ve been playing in top 14 brackets and more recently 2-7 for I dunno, maybe 3 years.

As GW is 1:4 in comparison (4 weekly) an adjustment to the troops for 4 x the volume would be something uncontroversial. They are massive roadblocks in kingdom progression for a huge majority of players. I don’t take blue orbs into account, that’s 12 minors and without ZG, not a fix.

Thanks!

4 Likes

@Saltypatra or anyone who knows that. I just read the guides about medals, badges and tokens. Every description of the effects says “for all troops”. Except for Medal of Anu. Does that mean the effect “starting mana” only affects the hero?

And thanks for the great update. As a long-time player, I almost lost interest in the game because there weren’t any real exciting challenges left for me. This has now changed with the update and I’ve fallen in love with the game again. :heart_eyes: :heart: :heart:

I assume they mean. The medal won’t affect those troops who already start with mana. Since it doesn’t stack.

1 Like

Troop Menu Filter?
Elite Level Bronze Silver Gold

1 Like

Ok
I guess it’s up to me to bring up the elephant in the room…
Badges and medals go on your chest generally
With 700+ troops to choose from…the devs put a sack and anus
Pervs!!! :wink:

1 Like

Not only this, the Tokens could simply be included in the post-battle Rewards screen, in the same way the ‘Mini-Boss Battle Unlocked’ and Gnome rewards, etc. show up, without needing the chest panel and animation. I’m probably okay with Evolving.

In much the same way, the ‘Mini-Boss Unlocked’ reward card should be enough of a notification without needing the pop-up, as mentioned previously.

16 Likes

It’s all just ways of slowing down the grind :confused:

2 Likes

I may very well agree – on the whole, though, I’d prefer a smoother and more enjoyable experience with slightly rebalanced rewards (not in our favor), if that’s what was required (and the same for several other aspects of the game, e.g. Delve Chest upgrades).

1 Like

While I dislike the changes to explore I do really love the cedric medal and I think this is one of the best updates ever just because of that one medal.

4 Likes

Am loving the new explore set-up, the souls earned need to be increased though as explore was the best place for farming them. Great work dev team other than that :wink:

2 Likes

I really like the explore reamp. Biggest complaints so far seem to be the tons of unnecessary interfacing.

Lets streamline it with some suggestions I’ve seen all over the board:

• Difficulty selection should be available at any time. Changing difficulty abandons the current run. If you attempt to change the difficulty and you aren’t on battle 0, it should give you a prompt that you are going to abandon the current run.
  • Winning an explore battle should always just take you to the prep next battle. No need to dump you back at the interface. 99% or more of the time this is what you want to do anyways, and you can simply back out of the battle if you didn’t want to that other <1% of the time. If it is necessary for you to enter the mythic battle through the interface because of mythstones, that is the only battle that should require you to do so. If you really want the option to go back to the interface after you finish a battle, separate the bottom buttons into “back” and “next battle” (or something similar), with “next battle” on the lower right where “play again” was before.
  • “Boss chest” loot can just be on the mythic battle. If this is not possible due to the current implementation, see below
  • Finishing a run that doesn’t require going back to the interface (eg., a mythic boss or boss chest, if we can’t streamline those) should have the bottom buttons separated into “continue” and “play again” (or something that better conveys these options). “Continue” kicks you back to the interface, “play again” puts you back on the battle prep screen for your first explore battle at your last selected difficulty.
  • Losing a general explore battle, other than maybe the very first time, should not prompt you if you want to abandon the run, because you now can just manually cancel it at any time
  • No pop up prompts for mini-boss and mythic-boss unlocks, you are already given this information on the previous battle rewards screen. But this shouldn’t matter anyways if you aren’t kicked back to the interface in the first place.

So much to like about this update, I really dislike that there is this “interface” and you can only ever click one thing, the one thing is in different places, and you have to do a bunch of clicks to get through. I get you probably want to convey a sense of progress throughout, but its been like two days and already it feels like it is like this to intentionally waste my time rather than enhance the overall experience.

If rewards have to be rebalanced to make this happen… it means that these things really were just put in to slow us down, which is a terrible design practice, as dragging out interfacing is one of the last things you want to do to slow down progress because it makes for an unpleasant experience (much like the “bad play pattern” that was brought up when discussing 50 gem class change fees). “Theatrics” or “presentation” such as animations and stuff sometimes can be forgiven as it is part of the overall experience and generally only grates long term (and then most devs tend to offer a way around it when they recognize nothing is impressive the 1000th time you’ve seen it, and things that stop you for even seconds for said theatrics start getting viewed as time wasters), but adding unnecessary interfacing, no, thats bad from the start. I think the former is what they were going for by separating out all the fights and the boss chest, but they have to realize that unlike orb reveal theatrics, which happen at most a few times a week for events, and rarely when hammering through vault keys, you get comparatively a lot of boss chests and even that is going to get old very quickly. Even discounting boss chests, for any given run, its just too many clicks/taps on too many different areas of the screen for things that shouldn’t require input at all.

Speaking of interfaces, just going to repeat earlier feedback that badges should be probably connected to a team slot (or possibly even a hero class, which can then easily be applied to any team slot so you don’t have to redo badges for event teams). Again, having them all the way back on the map is a really bad place for them if you want to tweak anything for battle prep, and given the power of cedrics medals as counterplay tools, it makes the desire to tweak for counterplay all the greater. This is, again, exactly the kind of “bad play pattern” that was trying to be safeguarded against by having a 50 gem class change fee when class changes could only be done through the hero menu. If they won’t ever be connected to a class or team slot, there needs to be a shortcut to them in any battle prep screen, which would be sufficient for most cases (just not the whole GW/defense thing). Like here, maybe:

Soul farming has also been brought up multiple times. On one of the last few dev Q&A streams, it was stated that there were plans to make souls a bit easier to get, particularly at early game. The last two patches were rather big nerfs to the ability to farm souls, as well as a huge nerf of the amount of souls from the one-time challenge rewards (850 for clearing all relevant challenges now per kingdom, 1050 times total soul bonus before, usually between 3-4k per kingdom for most people when done right, plus more very trivial battles to run soul farm teams in at max difficulty). I think explore difficulties should have some kind of soul modifier, but I’m curious as to what this “plan” is and how long before we see any hint of it and if that will solve the problem in a better way than, or at least given an alternate option to, farming with generators.

17 Likes

Iirc, and it may(?) have been changed at some point to be different to how it originally functioned, but immediately prior to 4.6, I’m pretty sure the bonus Souls from Challenges were unaffected by Necromancy traits, etc., and solely affected by difficulty. I don’t have a source for this atm aside from my memory of testing it at one point, maybe with buried screenshots somewhere/scrawls on an envelope…

I do know that I started recommending people/newer players to not be too regimented about only doing Challenges with a Soul-farming team, though, especially (but not only) since they had become required for Kingdom Power levels :man_shrugging:.

I think medals could be set up like a banners.

2 Likes