4.6 Update Patch Notes

• 100 to this
    I brought this point up during beta. I hope it will be added at some point.
3 Likes

@Sirrian i dont see anything in the patch notes about how Medals apply to defenses.
we have confirmed that Medals do take effect for Ranked PvP Defenses. now you know what i am going to ask… GW defenses.
if Medals are going to apply to GW defenses then there is going to be a demand for Medals to be applied per team slot! or alternatively dont let them apply to defenses. please advise this week! Thanks!

4 Likes

How on Earth did you get this?

My haul so far, playing mostly on D12:

• Gaard: 3 Tokens (Common)
  • Yasmine: 8 Tokens (Rare)
  • Cedric: 15 Tokens (Ultra-Rare)
  • Aranaea: 1 Tokens (Epic)
  • Anu: 2 Tokens (Legendary)
  • Nysha: 0 Tokens (Mythic)

Not the distribution I was expecting, but not complaining, yet :smiley:

Shouldn’t the ‘Boss Chest’ be called ‘Token Chest’? This update is confusing so many (lost count of how many guildies thought the Cedric tokens could only upgrade Cedric, Yasmine for Yasmine… :sweat_smile::man_facepalming::stuck_out_tongue:) that a little clarity here and there wouldn’t hurt.

:pray::blush::vulcan_salute:

1 Like

Very nice update Guys👌

Can some one confirm if the new Gnome is out on vault keys? I cant seem too find it???

I have no idea. It showed up in a battle even before the iOS patch hit.

2 Likes

I like the update so far. But, one issue I have with it is that you can farm explore like we used to. Onece I’ve won 4 explore battles, the mini boss unlocks, and I have no option to keep exploring like I used to for leveling classes or farming traitstones. Am I missing something here?

Oh, and we should get additional class xp on harder difficulties.

4 Likes

If just leveling a class, you could leave that kingdom and just go to another kingdom and do 4, etc. Otherwise, you have to fight the mini-boss to finish that run.

To me, that is not a solution to the issue. We should be able to run explore over and over again until we want to stop. All they would need to do to solve this is allow us to keep playing explore even after unlocking a mini boss battle.

1 Like

I can see how having to re-select the difficulty every fifth battle would slow down the grind. But if you are after traitstones, you really do want to be doing the mini-boss battles. On the other hand, if you are just trying to earn class XP, then being able to repeat the same battle endlessly is better.

2 Likes

It does let you repeat them over and over. You don’t have to change difficulties in-between, and the mini-boss is just another explore battle with one harder troop.

Think of it like the old explore when mythics you owned could randomly show up, or when you got unlucky in Shentang and had to fight Yao Guai because he was part of the quest progression.

EDIT: I suppose I do agree that confirming the difficulty all the time is annoying. Less annoying than changing it, but needless as the pop-ups for the two boss battles.

Sorry—seems I misunderstood the complaint!

Thank you so much! <3
You saved my Life! I hadn’t thought of “Casual”. :frowning:
I was exploring on Warlord III a couple of Days ago…
And so it kept the Stats… I was wandering how everyone gets around on Lvl 12 by using e.g. Skeleton Key.

Here are 2 Screenshots. (Before & After the “hotfix” (Thanks again @Voq))

1 Like

Please edit your post @sirrian to explain the difficulty glitch.

Before fighting Explore battles, go to “Casual PvP” and set difficulty to"Normal". It should have been explained better. I fought 3 plus hours at Warlord III. Thankfully I finally read some of the later responses after a guildmate suggested I do so. Ridiculous.

Thanks to all who pointed this out. There ought to be a seperate topic for that ‘work around’ / working as intended. If there is, I apologize for not seeing it earlier. 2 mini boss and 3 boss fails later…

3 Likes

So the team builder repeats troop roles?
Striker, Assassin, Generator, Assassin
(I’m so happy I worked hard to get Zuul’Goth so that the Explore defense can one shot it. :+1:)

And definitely favors empowered troops. Shentang explore made me forget I was doing Explore and not ranked PvP. Not in a good way either.

Thanks for confirming, this was a big concern. Can you see what badges/medals your opponent has equipped? (update hasn’t dropped on Switch yet, not that I mind!)

Kinda crazy how what was advertised as an explore rework is going to completely rebalance the competitive game. Cedric badges/medals are going to be huge - wanted to counter that Rope Dart/Gobtruffle team with freeze? Too bad. Cursed that Life & Death so they can’t bless themselves on cast? Sorry for you.

(EDIT: Also meant to note that the elite level system is a wholesale rebalance of troops, based on their roles. As a basic example, Infernus is getting a significant damage boost on account of being a mage, while the similar Aquaticus is getting less of a damage boost because her role is “striker.” Spell damages are going to be all over the place now. A few stat points here and there may or may not influence teambuilding decisions, but for now it’s an interesting TBD.)

I also wonder if it was factored-in how much the lethal damage change is also a nerf to reflect. I imagine it was put in to prevent Dullahan shenanigans (barriered hero in the first slot would never die if Dulllahan misfired). But in the process they are removing a strategic counter, and making the instakill options a bit more mindless (always a bad thing).

1 Like

yes the badge “traits” show up as normal traits as you might see in a delve. listed to the left in the scroll bar for your hero below class traits and in the same place for troops

2 Likes

Thanks.

To your GW point, I’m thinking it would only be fair if badges/medals don’t apply to defenses, then they shouldn’t apply to offenses either. The attack side already has advantages built in, and giving them the one-sided benefit of medals would be ridiculous to try and play around.

Either way, the game is going to be distorted by the medal system (new troops are either going to account for the system, or they won’t, with the decision impacting medal and non-medal content differently), so the devs will have to proceed carefully with whatever they decide.

1 Like

Badges and medals apply to defenses, including those set in Guild Wars. We don’t have any plans to let you attach specific sets of badges and medals to team slots.

5 Likes